Why can't people admit GSP has holes in his game

He hasn't lost since 2007 and has wins over every man he's fought..

Whatever the holes they are small..

Biggest hole is he's getting older... and TKO defense.

GSP is so good that he's never really had to push for a finish, in turn, putting himself at risk.

Although I was disappointed that he failed that kimura and armbar on Hardy.

I think some people have his nuts so far down there throat they can't speak to admit he is far from a perfect fighter.

Thats a dumb thread, who is perfect anyway? GSP is a good fighter, really good, anyone who disagree with it is blind. He's not perfect, probaly few holes in his game butare not that huge.

Just a trolling thread to make the haters voice again

He's the best athlete in the UFC. He has the best training, the best nutrition and the best coaches around him. That makes him tough to beat.

There are plenty of better fighters than GSP but he's the total package and wins by simply being a better athlete.

He's the best athlete in the UFC. He has the best training, the best nutrition and the best coaches around him. That makes him tough to beat.

There are plenty of better fighters than GSP but he's the total package and wins by simply being a better athlete.

Name me one of GSP's opponents that is a better fighter.

Every fighter thats ever fought has holes...

Gsp has holes, not as many as like A. Silva or JDS, but he has holes.

you can expect to get attacked for that as most Anderson fans have never accepted he has holes or showed a weaker or more vulnerable area in his game.

I'm the best fighter in the world but my lack of athleticism mean I don't really win fights. I'm also the best football player, basketball player, baseball player, boxer, and tennis player but my damn lack of athleticism means I don't get to show it.

Can you explain because this is hilarious. You just said that his weaker areas tend to still be stronger than his opponents and then you say that his main weakness is his finishing ability. Your saying his ability to finish is stronger than his opponents ahaaaaaaaaaaaa

when you look at GSP's areas his strongest areas are around control and transition. His BJJ is position oriented and his wrestling is control orientated. His striking is not quite at the same level imo, but it is still higher then his opponents. If his striking was at Anderson level then he would arguably be perfect. And the aspect of his striking that is the least high is the finishing.

lol. I have to wonder if you know how dumb your post is and if you are just trolling. wow.

In other news GSP is about to run though the #2 fighter in his weight while Jones just had the fight of his life vs the less proven #2 at 205

In other news Jon Jones has never been koed by a midget like gsp

When hasn't GSP inability to find a finish been brought up?

TS is a straight clown. We can only hope during his post whoring attempts to black belt that he actually learns something

St. Pierre's only real weakness might be his chin....of course, on the flip side of that you have the fact that he's only ever been rocked standing twice in 26 professional fights.....

I may be in the minority here, but I don't consider Georges' inability to finish fights over the last several years to be a weakness. He has dominated, and out-classed every opponent he has faced for the last six years. I'm fine with it if people want to ascribe to GSP the same type of 'uninspiring' or even 'boring' labels that they've pinned on boxers like Klitschko, Mayweather, Ward, and Bradley; but to say that his inability to get guys out of there is a hole in his game is crazy-talk.

If GSP had actual holes in his game, somebody would have found them by now. Excellence is often boring.

St. Pierre's only real weakness might be his chin....of course, on the flip side of that you have the fact that he's only ever been rocked standing twice in 26 professional fights.....

I may be in the minority here, but I don't consider Georges' inability to finish fights over the last several years to be a weakness. He has dominated, and out-classed every opponent he has faced for the last six years. I'm fine with it if people want to ascribe to GSP the same type of 'uninspiring' or even 'boring' labels that they've pinned on boxers like Klitschko, Mayweather, Ward, and Bradley; but to say that his inability to get guys out of there is a hole in his game is crazy-talk.

If GSP had actual holes in his game, somebody would have found them by now. Excellence is often boring.

Thumbs up.

I pretty much land somewhere in this line of thinking. Georges has a risk averse style - win at all costs. In MMA, finishing means risk, and he is entirely uninterested in taking any. That's a career choice more than a weakness. You can only define a weakness if it infers a liability and so far that has not been the case over a great many years.

I feel pretty confident saying Georges is the most well rounded fighter in the history of MMA. If you consider all the metrics we use to measure the skill set of a mixed martial artist, he excels everywhere but pure KO power. Even then I'd rate him as fair - he can drop Thiago Alves or Jon Fitch, but he can't put the lights out.

poor / fair / good / exceptional

footwork - good
mobility - good
athleticism - exceptional
fight IQ - exceptional
power - fair
stamina - exceptional
wrestling - exceptional
grappling - good
striking - good
versatility - exceptional

I'd say MAYBE the biggest hole in GSP's game is being on the bottom since he rarely spends anytime in the octagon there. That being said... I don't know a WW who has good enough wrestling to even attempt to exploit that. (Wait a minute... did GSP sweep Condit from the bottom in their fight or am I misremembering things?)

Of course he has holes, but these "holes" are very small. In fact, the only weakness that he seems to have is the inability to finish a fight, I guess. Which isn't really a weakness, to begin with.

Well those holes that ts pointed out really aren't holes in his game. Ts sais he has a weakness cause he didn't finish hardy by a sub, but yet gsp submitted Hughes who's a much better grappler. And addition he outstruck Diaz and Alvie's who are better strikers then shields. So in both cases gsp has shown he doesn't have those weaknesses

Back