Why can't people admit GSP has holes in his game

If he had some power in his hands, and a better chin, he would be unstoppable. Those are the only areas he has any issues in my opinion.....

He has plenty of power in his hands. He throws his technical strikes at about 60% power.

Even so, he should have been able to finish Hardy. I only say that in retrospect, after watching Condit KO him easily and seeing Lytle easily sub him the moment the fight hit the ground.
This only matters if you value a finish over a decision win. Some fans don't. I don't have a problem with that. I have a HUGE problem with "educated" fans who like to act like 10-9 rounds show so much more fighting ability than finishes though. To me, that's not what the sport is about, but hey, a win is a win.

If he had holes in his game, people would have exploited it by now since he's been fighting top5 competition for the last 7 years.
Sure he may not be the best at BJJ or kickboxing but he's still pretty damn good at both, and along with his wrestling, it makes him the most well rounded fighter out there.
As far as physical attributes, he is short but can cover a huge distance with his strikes, he has cardio for days, he's quick and super athletic.
His only weakness would be that he cuts and swells easily, and lacks punching power.

Don't quite understand what your point is. GSP does everything very well. The only "hole", if it can be considered as that, is that he won't finish his fights. At the same time, he's playing it extremely safe which in turn means he puts himself in less risky moves to finish fights = it's not a hole, it's a well planned strategy.

Of all fighters I think that GSP is the most well rounded one, but I do think it's sad that he never tries to finish his fights.

I think some people have his nuts so far down there throat they can't speak to admit he is far from a perfect fighter. I mean GSP couldn't submit Hardy one of the worst grapplers at 170 in 23 minutes out of a 25 minute fight having him on the ground. He couldn't finish Shields in a striking match when Jake is one of the worst strikers out there and he had him standing the whole 25 minutes.

People listen to much to Joe Rogan saying he has no weaknesses and I have noticed GSP fans are super emotional and don't like to admit he has holes. I mean imagine if Jon Jones fought one of the worst grapplers and had him on the ground for 23 minutes and couldn't finish, Imagine if he fought a horrid striker for 25 minutes standing and couldn't finish. When your a world champion and have the ability to take fighters to there weakest area and cant finish them how do you have no weaknesses. He lost 2 rounds to Shields in a kickboxing fight and he is the #1 p4p. Yeah whatever!!!

Sure his nuthuggers are crazy saying he doesn't have any holes. But your hatred for him is blinding you from seeing that he's one of the best ever.

I think some people have his nuts so far down there throat they can't speak to admit he is far from a perfect fighter.

so some people cant admit it, and you decided to make a thread out of it? those hardcore fanboys are just as rare as idiots like you.
I didnt even see any thread about GSP not having any holes in his game. is he the best WW fighter, possibly ever so far? yes, but that doesnt mean he doesnt have any holes. other WW fighters are just not good enough to do anything with them.

Every fighter had holes in their game, anyone telling you differently is fucking with you

The hole in his game is lack of finishing skill. For that really to be a detriment to him there has to be a hole else where that will lose him fights because not being able to finish in itself will not lose him a fight. So where are the other holes?

GSP has 'holes' in his game. He simply has fewer then any other fighter.

I have discovered one of GSP's holes and to be honest I found it to be still very tight, and rather enjoyed exploring it

He has weaker areas to his game. he is not perfect even if he is one of the most well rounded in the sports history. HIs weaker areas however tend to be still stronger compared to his opponents.

His main weakness (relative to his other skills) is his lack of elite finishing skills. He is just high level in those areas but when you are not elite at this level finishes are hard to come by. His elite areas are his ability to manage distance, transition and bjj and wrestling position and control.

I think some people have his nuts so far down there throat they can't speak to admit he is far from a perfect fighter. I mean GSP couldn't submit Hardy one of the worst grapplers at 170 in 23 minutes out of a 25 minute fight having him on the ground. He couldn't finish Shields in a striking match when Jake is one of the worst strikers out there and he had him standing the whole 25 minutes.

People listen to much to Joe Rogan saying he has no weaknesses and I have noticed GSP fans are super emotional and don't like to admit he has holes. I mean imagine if Jon Jones fought one of the worst grapplers and had him on the ground for 23 minutes and couldn't finish, Imagine if he fought a horrid striker for 25 minutes standing and couldn't finish. When your a world champion and have the ability to take fighters to there weakest area and cant finish them how do you have no weaknesses. He lost 2 rounds to Shields in a kickboxing fight and he is the #1 p4p. Yeah whatever!!!

People still bring this up? He handles Shields albeit being blind in one eye by constant poking.

Jones got taken down and lost rounds to Gus and almost got tapped by Vitor and he is #1 P4P. Yeah whatever!!!

The only hole you're talking about is him being unable to finish. He is still dominant despite the fact. He leaves his opponents helpless, battered, and bruised.

Does GSP have holes in his game? Yes

Does he have less holes than any other MMA fighter today? Yes

stfu OP

ts has Mike Tyson in his av and he doesn't like GSP. Big surprise that he's talking shit about GSP's skills.

So, list his holes that someone can exploit. All you did is say that he couldn't finish two fighters. WTF?

What a retarded thread.

everyone has holes. but with fighters of his calibre, they are very small. i mean the guy is always training, so you'd expect him to patch em up. still not the biggest fan of his style though.

GSP outstrikes the best strikers in the division (Alves), out wrestles the best wrestlers in the division (Koscheck) and out grapples the best grapplers in the division (BJ). He is the most well rounded fighter in the game at the highest level. He is not perfect but he is the closest.

Who doesnt have holes in their game in mma ts, Every fighter has something they could always work on. GSP is fantastic all around fighter, kinda hard for me to see where he needs to improve, mabye more muscle for knockout power

What holes does he have and who can exploit them? He has fought guys who on paper are better strikers, bjjers, and wrestlers. Yet somehow he wins and wins dominantly.

Last edited:
Back