Why can't people admit GSP has holes in his game

Xyiencemma

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think some people have his nuts so far down there throat they can't speak to admit he is far from a perfect fighter. I mean GSP couldn't submit Hardy one of the worst grapplers at 170 in 23 minutes out of a 25 minute fight having him on the ground. He couldn't finish Shields in a striking match when Jake is one of the worst strikers out there and he had him standing the whole 25 minutes.

People listen to much to Joe Rogan saying he has no weaknesses and I have noticed GSP fans are super emotional and don't like to admit he has holes. I mean imagine if Jon Jones fought one of the worst grapplers and had him on the ground for 23 minutes and couldn't finish, Imagine if he fought a horrid striker for 25 minutes standing and couldn't finish. When your a world champion and have the ability to take fighters to there weakest area and cant finish them how do you have no weaknesses. He lost 2 rounds to Shields in a kickboxing fight and he is the #1 p4p. Yeah whatever!!!

He has weaknesses, but he's still head and shoulders above the division so they don't matter that much

he's extremely well rounded. no fighter is perfect but he is as complete a fighter as almost anyone else around.

and if the "holes" in his game were really that big, he wouldn't have been able to win ten straight title fights and counting - -someone would have been able to capitalize on it by now.

Every fighter has holes in his game. And Rogan has holes in his logic big enough to drive a car thru, MMA or otherwise.

This is not necessarily a criticism of GSP, but it's pretty obvious that he wants no part of fighting Anderson. Whenever 'superfight' talk was brought up over the past year, he did his best to avoid the question. I think he realizes that unless he follows Chael's gameplan and keeps Anderson on his back for 25 minutes, it's a matter of time until he gets KOed. And that's fair considering Anderson is so much physically larger than GSP, even if they weigh the same the day prior to the fight.

Submission offense and a lack of power in his strikes are his "holes" in his game.

he's extremely well rounded. no fighter is perfect but he is as complete a fighter as almost anyone else around.

and if the "holes" in his game were really that big, he wouldn't have been able to win ten straight title fights and counting - -someone would have been able to capitalize on it by now.

Hardys Game is Jiu Jitsu, Shields game is Kickboxing, BJ's game is wrestling, Alves game is Jiu Jitsu. Learn something new everyday. His wrestling hesitates people if your referring to the 2 minutes here and there where he outstrikes a striker

They can't admit it because their mouths are too full of GSP's nuts.

If he had some power in his hands, and a better chin, he would be unstoppable. Those are the only areas he has any issues in my opinion.....

he beats guys at their own games, and he's extremely well rounded. no fighter is perfect but he is as complete a fighter as almost anyone else around.

tumblr_m4sxawCjoU1rw7k3jo1_250.gif

someone needs to find the hole.

Hardys Game is Jiu Jitsu, Shields game is Kickboxing, BJ's game is wrestling, Alves game is Jiu Jitsu. Learn something new everyday. His wrestling hesitates people if your referring to the 2 minutes here and there where he outstrikes a striker

More then half the Alves and Condit fights were on the feet.

GSP has holes in his game but less then almost any other fighter. His lack of punching power or ability to finish has never come close to losing him a fight

The way the fights are scored it promotes controlling and risk-aversion rather than to potentially expose yourself to go for the finish. In the hardy fight I'm guessing GSP took the higher percentage play of staying on top and staying 'dominant' rather that going all out to try and finish. Finishing is often lower down a list of fighter's priorities unfortunately, especially at the pointy end with all the chips on the line. Safety first.

he really does't have a hole

he isn't a flashy fighter, which leads a lot of people to question his skills, but he's the master of the basics, which are the most important part of the game, that's why he's so hard to beat

He fought Shields with one eye causing his loss of those rounds. Hardy just doesn't tap.

he really does't have a hole

he isn't a flashy fighter, which leads a lot of people to question his skills, but he's the master of the basics, which are the most important part of the game, that's why he's so hard to beat

I have almost never seen anyone stupid enough to question his skill

I mean imagine if Jon Jones fought one of the worst grapplers and had him on the ground for 23 minutes and couldn't finish

lol Jones just fought a striker and couldn't even get it to the ground. He got taken down himself several times.

Submission offense and a lack of power in his strikes are his "holes" in his game.

He's a pretty powerful dude IMO, he just doesn't have one punch KO power, he can certainly knock guys down and hurt them with a single hard shot though. His sub offense has gotten pretty sloppy.

If anything it shows you just how good he actually is. He has holes in his game and STILL beats everyone else

First, how does not being able to sub Hardy or KO Shields = "holes in his game"?

Second, who is running around claiming he has zero holes?

I love it when people start threads making accusations about what "people" say, yet I don't really hear people saying that, or it is so easy to discredit ridiculous claims that it is pointless to bring it up.

I mean, sure, you can find SOMEONE who probably said it, but so what...it is a moronic position to take, because EVERYONE has holes in their game, in EVERY sport. Even people with massive undefeated records have holes...it is just that their opponents have been unable to exploit those holes either because of their own shortcomings or because the holes are adequately offset by their strengths.

who cares anyway? holes or no holes, it doesn't mean a damn thing. Everyone can lose on any given night, even to a massive underdog. It already happened to GSP, and just happened to Silva.

Back