Why can't people admit GSP has holes in his game

Because it's obvious that most people starting threads like this aren't interested in an honest critique of GSPs game. They just don't like GSP and want to discredit him. Right now the point of this thread is to attack him through his fans. They are not even close to the most annoying fans on earth, unless you are a BJ Penn, or Nick Diaz fan.

Get the rules changed so that your boyfriend Nick Diaz can be champ. Until then, he won, get over it.

I think some people have his nuts so far down there throat they can't speak to admit he is far from a perfect fighter. I mean GSP couldn't submit Hardy one of the worst grapplers at 170 in 23 minutes out of a 25 minute fight having him on the ground. He couldn't finish Shields in a striking match when Jake is one of the worst strikers out there and he had him standing the whole 25 minutes.

People listen to much to Joe Rogan saying he has no weaknesses and I have noticed GSP fans are super emotional and don't like to admit he has holes. I mean imagine if Jon Jones fought one of the worst grapplers and had him on the ground for 23 minutes and couldn't finish, Imagine if he fought a horrid striker for 25 minutes standing and couldn't finish. When your a world champion and have the ability to take fighters to there weakest area and cant finish them how do you have no weaknesses. He lost 2 rounds to Shields in a kickboxing fight and he is the #1 p4p. Yeah whatever!!!

So because he wasn't able to finish Shields in a striking match he's a bad striker? Or because he couldn't submit Hardy he's a bad grappler? And the fact that he won both of those fights decisively has no bearing at all, and those fights are proof he has holes in his game?

What exactly are the holes in his game?

Sure he has holes in his game, but he is good enough at game planning that he minimizes his opponents ability to exploit them.

If he had some power in his hands, and a better chin, he would be unstoppable. Those are the only areas he has any issues in my opinion.....

What do you mean better chin? He's yet to be knocked out and has only been hurt twice by strikes in his career

Serra stopped him and threw absolutely everything and the kitchen sink at GSP and he was still conscious (fight was definitely over though). And Condit dropped him, but Condit's dropped 6 of his last 7 opponents so I guess everybody but Diaz has a bad chin

GSP's chin is fine. You're basing your opinion on the Serra fight when GSP has openly admitted that he cost himself that fight because he couldn't believe some 12-1 reality tv underdog had hurt him so he stupidly rushed in to try and hurt Serra back when he should have held back and focused on his defence while he recovered. Which is exactly the lesson he learned and applied in the Condit fight.

So I really don't see how you say he has a bad chin. He didn't react well to getting hurt against Serra, but he proved against Condit he learned that lesson and knows what to do now when he does get hurt

The way the fights are scored it promotes controlling and risk-aversion rather than to potentially expose yourself to go for the finish. In the hardy fight I'm guessing GSP took the higher percentage play of staying on top and staying 'dominant' rather that going all out to try and finish. Finishing is often lower down a list of fighter's priorities unfortunately, especially at the pointy end with all the chips on the line. Safety first.

Yup he made zero attempts to finish Hardy

gsp_vs_hardy.gif

11bt5j9_jpg.gif

It has nothing to do with a lack of knockout power or submission skills, he is skilled in every facet of mma, without any glaring weakness to any particular attack style.
The only "hole" in his game is his risk averse game planning and sticking to it, which for better or worse depending on personal taste in entertainment is probably why he has such a long championship reign.

He submitted Hughes but since he didn't submit hardy I guess his bjj sucks huh ts?

I think some people have his nuts so far down there throat they can't speak to admit he is far from a perfect fighter. I mean GSP couldn't submit Hardy one of the worst grapplers at 170 in 23 minutes out of a 25 minute fight having him on the ground. He couldn't finish Shields in a striking match when Jake is one of the worst strikers out there and he had him standing the whole 25 minutes.

People listen to much to Joe Rogan saying he has no weaknesses and I have noticed GSP fans are super emotional and don't like to admit he has holes. I mean imagine if Jon Jones fought one of the worst grapplers and had him on the ground for 23 minutes and couldn't finish, Imagine if he fought a horrid striker for 25 minutes standing and couldn't finish. When your a world champion and have the ability to take fighters to there weakest area and cant finish them how do you have no weaknesses. He lost 2 rounds to Shields in a kickboxing fight and he is the #1 p4p. Yeah whatever!!!

No one is perfect but gsp is as close as it gets relatively to everyone out there p4p. I think your definition of weakness is incorrect, not finishing fighters isn't really literally a weakness. Not having KO power can be considered a weakness and he doesn't have a diaz/condit chin. But we got to remember the ultimate goal is to win not to finish. GSP fights safe and his fighting ideals is if a strategy is working than keep on doing it until opponent does something about it or it's always up to the losing fighter to make something happen. This fighting style which causes him to not finish as much isn't a weakness. So once again finish rate and weakness are two different things. A clear weakness would be bad td and ability to get up for example. GSP controls/dominates everyone in his division everywhere ground/stand up hence his weakness is very minor at most.

BJJ and striking combos. He is dominant everywhere else. Who can stop his takedowns? He is one the closest things to unbeatable in his division. I think Askren might be the only grappler that could give him problems if he is at his best.

Because it's obvious that most people starting threads like this aren't interested in an honest critique of GSPs game. They just don't like GSP and want to discredit him. Right now the point of this thread is to attack him through his fans. They are not even close to the most annoying fans on earth, unless you are a BJ Penn, or Nick Diaz fan.

Get the rules changed so that your boyfriend Nick Diaz can be champ. Until then, he won, get over it.

See look. Your bring up bj and nick both guys that fought gsp and why did you do that. Because your upset that someone pointed out gsp has holes. This was an honest critique of his game but your so emotional that someone said something bad about him that your claiming there attacking his fans. I am telling the truth of the matter but your one of the fans with his nuts in your throught so rather than have an honest debate you just claim I'm bashing him because your bothered by my post

What ruleset would benefit Diaz against GSP?

None, and please don't tell me pride fc rules or some shit.

Imagine gsp being able to knee diaz in the face those first two rounds when diaz pulled that 3 limb down shit.

The 183 lbs ww could be bad for gsp, but man, I wish gsp could knee guys in the head on the ground!

Back