Why can’t we respect Conor’s huge Accomplishments at Featherweight?

I sincerely believe that Conor is the male version of Rousey, BUT with that being said he’s also a top 5 FW OAT. BUT he also never defended his belt so he gets a huge knock legacy wise, also he was gifted a title shot.

His legacy is in the middle of what his haters and fans say.

See I’m objective, I know I’m a prick. You on the other hand can’t see the forest from the trees, and that you’re a pretentious douche. It’s because you lack self awareness, and objectivity. You just keep telling yourself that no one is on your level. You’re right in that no one is as pretentious as you.

This is my last response to you in this thread. I’m done with your for today. Now go away and stop quoting me. I know you’re too insecure and will be compelled to respond back so make it good.
Plenty of people are on my level. I'm not anything special, but I do have a good mind for this shit.

Only people I say that to are people I know clearly don't train and are speaking on things that are far above them. Often In a very stubborn way. I don't care if people don't train, but In people that are spouting Ignorance.. It's a pretty clear Indication. Most with the knowledge and experience are pretty balanced, reasonable, calm. Willing to discuss things openly and change their thoughts. It's the dumb people with the biggest mouths, stubbornness and volatility, combined with the blatant lack of genuine fighting IQ or ability to think critically..It's a pretty interesting mix.

I can definitely be a prick, absolutely. Depends on the day. Mostly to people like yourself though who probably deserve it. Overall I try to be a nice person though.

Imagine someone like talking about me not seeing the forest for the trees.

Go back through pages of your posts, literally every single one is being a negative, toxic bitter person for no reason on every thread. Let's be real now, you need to look In the mirror. You seem like a person deeply unhappy with your life, at least that's the vibe I get in most of your posts.

Hardly the only guy to do that though is he?

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like an Auschwitz camper...

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like an Auschwitz camper...
Kinda ignored the point though, hardly the only one is he?
Darrren Till, Anderson Silva, Rumble Johnson to name but a few cut a massive amount of weight, you seen Johnson today? Man looks like he ate the 170 pound version of himself.

The last line is pure irrational haterism though. Taking fights on short notice against a completely different style opponent multiple times, you have a lot to lose. There's a reason why Jones and others don't take short notice fights, It's a risk. Moving up to fight RDA for the belt, huge risk. Fighting Nate in the rematch after losing In embarrassing fashion, huge risk and a lot to lose, nearly everything at that point. Khabib fight, again..huge risk, coming back after 2 years, biggest payday of his life. A lot to lose.

None of this is even remotely true. I'm sorry that you're not able to see that.

Jones didn't take short notice fights AFTER becoming champion, huge difference. The short notice fights Conor took were a Nate Diaz that was getting drunk in Cabo and a completely out of shape Chad Mendes that had been on a hunting trip. When did Conor take a short notice title challenger, like they asked Jones to do? Oh wait, he would have had to actually try to defend a belt first for that to be asked of him, which we all know he'd never do because he never takes fights where he has anything to lose. He will not put a belt on the line.

Moving up to fight RDA for the belt was a massive win-win situation and it's pure delusion to suggest otherwise. What's the bigger risk, going up against Aldo again when you know beyond any doubt that he's going to approach you much more cautiously the second time around, or move up 10 lbs and try to become the first guy to hold two belts at the same time without having to face any number of contenders at 155 that would've taken him out? Had he lost to RDA, he would've made a lot of money, been given a ton of credit for stepping up to take on that challenge and then gone right back to where he was before.

Nate in the rematch was another fight at WW, that he insisted on because he knew he had the excuse that it was at 170 if he lost again. What's a bigger risk, facing killers at LW or a Nate Diaz who wasn't even in the title picture after many guys before him had already put out the blueprint on how to beat him? On top of that, Conor had a ton of success in the first fight prior to gassing. The immediate rematch was the best possible scenario for him and he could've just dropped back down if he lost again. He had everything going for him there as well.

Laughable to mention the Khabib fight. An undefeated LW killer who he wasn't even expected to beat in the first place and the opportunity to make more money than in any of his other MMA fights, while also getting another unearned title shot off a long layoff. It was all upside for him. He's still in the title picture, could get a rematch if he wanted one and his worst case scenario would be dropping back down to FW for another title shot or taking the rubber match with Nate. It was a far better fight for him than going up against any number of LWs in the top 10 where he'd make less money and they'd have a great shot at beating him. It was also a better fight for him than dropping back down to FW, because we all know he isn't getting it done against today's version of Holloway. Aldo even likely gives him a run for his money at this point.

If you want to call me a hater for laying out the facts of Conor's farce of a run in the UFC, have fun with that. Doesn't mean shit to me. I call them like I see them. Anyone who understands anything about prizefighting knows that Conor only takes fights where he has everything to gain and nothing to lose. He's a very talented striker who will never put it all on the line and give someone else more of an opportunity than he's getting, the way many great fighters did for him.

Jones didn't take short notice fights AFTER becoming champion, huge difference. The short notice fights Conor took were a Nate Diaz that was getting drunk in Cabo and a completely out of shape Chad Mendes that had been on a hunting trip. When did Conor take a short notice title challenger, like they asked Jones to do? Oh wait, he would have had to actually try to defend a belt first for that to be asked of him, which we all know he'd never do because he never takes fights where he has anything to lose. He will not put a belt on the line.

Moving up to fight RDA for the belt was a massive win-win situation and it's pure delusion to suggest otherwise. What's the bigger risk, going up against Aldo again when you know beyond any doubt that he's going to approach you much more cautiously the second time around, or move up 10 lbs and try to become the first guy to hold two belts at the same time without having to face any number of contenders at 155 that would've taken him out? Had he lost to RDA, he would've made a lot of money, been given a ton of credit for stepping up to take on that challenge and then gone right back to where he was before.

Nate in the rematch was another fight at WW, that he insisted on because he knew he had the excuse that it was at 170 if he lost again. What's a bigger risk, facing killers at LW or a Nate Diaz who wasn't even in the title picture after many guys before him had already put out the blueprint on how to beat him? On top of that, Conor had a ton of success in the first fight prior to gassing. The immediate rematch was the best possible scenario for him and he could've just dropped back down if he lost again. He had everything going for him there as well.

Laughable to mention the Khabib fight. An undefeated LW killer who he wasn't even expected to beat in the first place and the opportunity to make more money than in any of his other MMA fights, while also getting another unearned title shot off a long layoff. It was all upside for him. He's still in the title picture, could get a rematch if he wanted one and his worst case scenario would be dropping back down to FW for another title shot or taking the rubber match with Nate. It was a far better fight for him than going up against any number of LWs in the top 10 where he'd make less money and they'd have a great shot at beating him. It was also a better fight for him than dropping back down to FW, because we all know he isn't getting it done against today's version of Holloway. Aldo even likely gives him a run for his money at this point.

If you want to call me a hater for laying out the facts of Conor's farce of a run in the UFC, have fun with that. Doesn't mean shit to me. I call them like I see them. Anyone who understands anything about prizefighting knows that Conor only takes fights where he has everything to gain and nothing to lose. He's a very talented striker who will never put it all on the line and give someone else more of an opportunity than he's getting, the way many great fighters did for him.
oh dear lord, you live In a strange distorted reality man.

If you can't see the massive confirmation bias here, then there's nothing I have left to debate.

If you can't see the massive confirmation bias here, then there's nothing I have left to debate.

That's nice, because I put people who have nothing to offer the discussion on ignore.

His win over Aldo is arguably the most impressive win of all time, as was his run.

But he was too big or Aldo was past his prime, whatever his detractors have to say to sleep at night i guess.

He was impressive, it was a great run. But not fighting a full camp stud wrestler or defending tarnishes it.

That man is one sad individual. Lol @ that fucking essay, my god i bet he splurged on his face everytime conor lost.

He was impressive, it was a great run. But not fighting a full camp stud wrestler or defending tarnishes it.
It tarnishes his fw goat candidacy, that's Aldo, arguably Holloway. But it does not tarnish his win over Aldo.

He beat Aldo, yes... but Aldo reigned for a decade. Conor had no reign.

If Conor beat Aldo a 2nd time, and got in a few defense... he'd be FW GOAT

Unfortunately, he decided to take money fights instead of building a legacy. So, Conor has no one to point at but himself.

Conor is 7-0 in the UFC FW division. Which sounds awesome but the sample size is so damn small. The more you fight the higher the likelihood of you losing a fight.
If Aldo retired after 7 FW fights in the UFC he wouldn't have lost to Conor in the first place. He would've retired literally undefeated at FW with 25 wins.

Hell, Chris Weidman was 9-0 in the UFC at one point. Shit changes the longer you fight.

Last edited:

2 division champ, make 100 million (multi fight contract worth x), fight Floyd. They sold the narrative and it played out as planned. They even had Bruce Buffer talking about how he'd be the first 100 million dollar fighter before it happened. For me thats why I never got on board the hype train. The company went out of their way to make those things happen. Fighters like Nate and Khabib where vocal about it and ended up exposing him. Had other prospects and contenders had a shot there would be a totally different story.

Kinda ignored the point though, hardly the only one is he?
Darrren Till, Anderson Silva, Rumble Johnson to name but a few cut a massive amount of weight, you seen Johnson today? Man looks like he ate the 170 pound version of himself.

<{yahyou}> This thread is not about those guys, let's stay on topic. Filthy non plat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back