Why Bane in comics didn't fight Batman directly?

He made him physically and mentally exhausted because he can't beat a 100% B-man.

For ranking purposes Azrael and Bane beat Nightwing.

Bane ducked prime Bats. Bats came in with jetlag, broken ribs, stab wounds, post Croc brawl injuries that gave him staph.

official rankings, last updated in 1999 or so:
1- Batman
2- Azrael
3- Bane
4- Nightwing
5- Alfred
6- Robin

Let me ask you this: Would you want to fight the god damn Batman when he is 100% or would you want every advantage you can think of?

Yeah I thought so.

Bane ducked prime Bats. Bats came in with jetlag, broken ribs, stab wounds, post Croc brawl injuries that gave him staph.

official rankings, last updated in 1999 or so:
1- Batman
2- Azrael
3- Bane
4- Nightwing
5- Alfred
6- Robin

While I will put Batman #1 Azrael beat Bats too, first fight in knightsend he was more mentally unstable than Filho during his rematch with Sonnen.

4053105-23ub.jpg

4053106-38be.jpg

4053108-51bw.jpg

765414-bam2.jpg

4053110-72zh.jpg

4053111-87mw.jpg

How long until batman finally snaps and starts killing villains? After throwing the same villains in jail tim after time it would get old nd he'd get tired of it

[YT]1byycwl8qgc[/YT]

In b4 the Batman posts ITT

While I will put Batman #1 Azrael beat Bats too, first fight in knightsend he was more mentally unstable than Filho during his rematch with Sonnen.

4053105-23ub.jpg

4053106-38be.jpg

4053108-51bw.jpg

765414-bam2.jpg

4053110-72zh.jpg

4053111-87mw.jpg

that was post 99 BRO... must've been

^^^^^^^^^^
This.

He was going to win, not fight. Asking why he wore Batman down and worked every advantage is like asking why Batman hides in the shadows and vertical takedowns criminals instead of touching with teh jab.

Batman would lay and pray Bane

was re reading the dark knight returns and finally see the homage

Untitled-1+copy.jpg

bits of dialogue, how bane states [and in the comic batman thinks] that fighting like a young man is a mistake, lack of venom and creating an army, plus completely kicks batman's ass only to get beaten and killed in the rematch.

idk. random musings probably way off. i mean if nolan actually threw this and other nerdy comic book nods into the movie then why the hell did the fans pan the movie so hard?

Untitled-1+copy.jpg

bits of dialogue, how bane states [and in the comic batman thinks] that fighting like a young man is a mistake, lack of venom and creating an army, plus completely kicks batman's ass only to get beaten and killed in the rematch.

idk. random musings probably way off. i mean if nolan actually threw this and other nerdy comic book nods into the movie then why the hell did the fans pan the movie so hard?

The same reason Watchmen 'fans' crucified their perfect homage that was pretty much word for word from the comics.

Bane (comics) was a mix of Killer Crock and the mutant leader.

Long before Knightfall in the silver age Killer Crock was intelligent and wanted to take over Gothams crime.
foes18a.jpg

And that last line may sound familiar.

2gt3k2t.jpg

There was a little bit more than just muscle vs muscle for Crock being the guy Bane destroyed as he was introduced.

Banesnap.jpg

77584517.jpg

Last edited:
Whole topic also made me remember another guy that was wery Bane like and how Batman decided to take a decision victory.

154728.jpg

153105_v2.jpg

153106.jpg

Wich later got his ass kicked by Bane too.

Batman's world is like pro wrestling, new monster guy gets giant push then gets destroyed when the new monster guy comes.

"Why use strategy to destroy your enemy?"

What a dumb question.

Bane has no chance against batman in a 1 on 1, he's a hench lord, his real strength is his minions.

he wanted to "out prep time" batman. kind of like beating Ron Jeremy in a dick measuring contest.

interesting (at least to me) thing i found in the Arkham Origins game. Bane says something to the extent of "After i kill batman, i can finally have my peace".

I think this is quite connected with what OP said: that Bane is convinced that Batman is the demonic bat which has haunted his dreams since childhood.

Bane with prep time is most superior.

let it be known.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehuff
Back