Why aren't there wrestling gyms?

Singlets need to go. They expose too much of the male anatomy, and children develop at different rates. Not to mention some males are growers and others are showers. Board shorts are the way to go forward.

I was big into swimming as a child, and recently took it back up in my 30s, but my school mandated Speedos. I am 17cm hard, but can look like an acorn when it's cold or my underpants are tight. I didn't continue swimming seriously because I didn't want to wear revealing attire in public view and open myself up to ridicule. I bet this is a major factor in low uptake for wrestling.
lol

Singlets need to go. They expose too much of the male anatomy, and children develop at different rates. Not to mention some males are growers and others are showers. Board shorts are the way to go forward.

I was big into swimming as a child, and recently took it back up in my 30s, but my school mandated Speedos. I am 17cm hard, but can look like an acorn when it's cold or my underpants are tight. I didn't continue swimming seriously because I didn't want to wear revealing attire in public view and open myself up to ridicule. I bet this is a major factor in low uptake for wrestling.
Never change lol

But serious pro tip for Americans. If you want to more than double the size of your penis, just measure it in centimeters.

Perspective is everything.

Im in Varna, Bulgaria.
Population roughly at 500 K.

There are 4 Jiujitsu clubs (I run one of them), 5 Judo clubs (I run one of them) and 5 wrestling clubs (I run one of them).

My wrestling program is the only one in the entire country, not dependant on government subsidies.
Meaning, the wrestling coaches in my hometown get public grants as their only source of income.
They would also double as school teachers (mostly PE), meaning a government salary.

Entrepreneurship is a foreign idea to them.

Their work can be described as scouting schools, then fighting tooth and nail for kids with physical talents, so they can coach them to medals, in order to keep the grants and salary.
Big percentage of those kids never look back at wrestling, as soon as they graduate.

So, the demographics of their classes is im the underage spectrum.

Meanwhile, my wrestling class is in the 14~ over 50 years old range.
I have older wrestlers, training wrestling recreationally, together with the young competitors from the Jiujitsu and Judo classes.

The Jiujitsu competitors from my gym are dominating their matches, and as a result, I have visitors from other Jiujitsu clubs, who come to train wrestling with me.

I also have a few guys, who started with Jiujitsu, and now come ONLY to Wrestling classes, because they find it more fun.

Back to the original topic:
Perspective...
The data would suggest that Wrestling gyms are doing quite well in my hometown.
At the same rate as Jiujitsu and Judo clubs

Although, demographics and income stream will show you a different picture.

It is impossible to run a recreational Wrestling only gym, as a viable business.

Wrestling exists on the back of government subsidies for Olympic sports.

Now, as we know, GR is at the edge, to be left out of the Olympics.
I imagine, if taken out of Olympics, that would quickly results in the disappearance of GR as a practiced Wrestling style, because of lack of subsidies, but also, because nobody does a recreational Wrestling gym only.

Last edited:
Never change lol

But serious pro tip for Americans. If you want to more than double the size of your penis, just measure it in centimeters.
Haha, I bet that's the reason though. If standard wrestling attire was board shorts and a rashguard, there'd likely be more uptake.

Back