• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Why are there no more movies like Braveheart, Gladiator,etc?

I do miss the sword and sandal large scale fights. I believe the last great non fantasy full blown battle scene was the Kingdom of Heaven fight

Edit: Forgot about Red Cliff

Did they complain about last Mad Max, there was only 1 black dude, and he was from a flashback... and heavily implied to be dead in the events of the current film

I know there's a show now where Mary Queen of Scots is black lmfao

I know there's a show now where Mary Queen of Scots is black lmfao
Sounds like a comedy show

in b4
aOTo3Zr.gif

@Rusk

Whats the actual name of this movie? Have you heard about or seen it?
Think it's worth checking out? It looks pretty cool but it's just the trailer.

First time i see this trailer, looks good.

Movie name is "Viking", it is based on ancient document about how vikings created Rus State (from video description). My guess is that it will be how Rurik united/conquered slavic and finno-ugric tribes in Novgorod region... just a guess though, i could be wrong.

Movie will be out in the end of 2016.

We're living in the age of the overrated superhero movie.

This too shall pass.

I've only seen like the latest 3 episodes but they're surprisingly badass. Kind of like Braveheart.

Ok well I am almost finished with season 1, following your recommendation and fuck you.

Shit is dripping with estrogen :
- dat Titanic opening credit
- dat experienced older chick protagonist that marries the young virgin lad
- dat scene with the knife on the throat during the sechs where she's like "touch me again and blaaaaah"
- dat chick protagonist that prevails on god damn scottish highland warlords by using a progressive narrative. mmmm k sure gtfo.

All in all I am growing tits just watching that sh1t, it's a chick flick ffs ; almost everything about it.

Was obvious just watching the cover, should have followed my instincts. And that main actor ? Unbearably bad.

Pretty entertaining serie tho.

Dracula untold and Kingdom of Heaven were great IMO. Loved them both

I was actually going to blame liberals but this makes sense too.

I blame the internet, social media, Twitter, etc. We have an entire generation of people who now have the attention span of a goldfish. If a post so much as has more than 150 characters then its tl/dr. Read an entire book....don't be ridiculous. Watch a 3 hour epic film, get lost. All our media is compressed down into bite sized gifs and short videos. For older people it doesn't seem to have affected us as much but for young people, its all they've ever known.

If you have 95 hours to spare watch the Chinese "three kingdoms" TV show. 95 episodes at 1 hour each.

Type "three kingdoms Jiang hu" into any torrent site and it will come up. I think it was around 50 gigs.

its not really known if he was or he wasnt. Its impossible to tell for sure.
Of course. It's even been suggested Hannibal never existed. Or was never the man the text claim he was. Most of the information we have from him and the punic wars is from 100-200 years after that event. And it's very possible Scipio made Hannibal sound amazing because he defeated him and would give him more glory.

Victim culture. A society adverse to competition. Everyone has a sob story narrative. When was there a good movie last made? Ex_machina was the newest I can think of.

The MRA guys/anti-social justice crowd is being embarassingly retarded in this thread.

And the "embarassingly" is quite literal. I'm embarassed for you guys. Historical movies with epic battles aren't being made because of SWJs/liberals/feminists/millenials/whatever? Jesus christ.
Compare Battle of the Bastards to Captain America: Civil War. To me, I was on the edge of my seat during Game of Thrones and during Civil War I just kept thinking wow awesome action but these guys are just goofing around with each other.
To be fair, "wow awesome action but these guys are just goofing around with each other" describes both of those pretty accurately.

Season Finale of lady GoT was awesome.

Kingdom of Heaven was great, Troy was also super good. Spartacus last two seasons had some great battle scenes.
I don't remember if Troy and Kingdom of Heaven were successful or not but I absolutely loved both. I just happened to find Achilles badass without knowing the history behind him.

IMO Kingdom of Heaven could have been better. I believe the extended version of KoH is better than the theatrical version most people saw. The problem is watching the two separate versions is like watching two entirely different movies.

latest

latest

Back