Why are there no more movies like Braveheart, Gladiator,etc?

There was Apocalyto? That is sword and sandal, meso murican style.

Also we had Dracula untold with Luke Evans. That had sword battles.

The chinese have been putting out those epic ancient battle movies.

Marco Polo on Netflix has this

There is going to be the Assassin's Creed Movie coming out

Robin HOod with Russell Crowe was not that long ago.

Also we had 300 and 300 Rise of Eva Green's sugar tits

There was the Ironclad films not too long ago

Also there is Vikings on TV, Last KIngdom on TV, Beowulf on TV, The musketeers on TV

IMO Musketeers doesn't really belong in that list.

It's not so bad, but it does have a childish-Disney vibe.

I don't get this argument. I have many friends who watch GOT but refuse to watch historical based epic movies. Lol its like their children who enjoy the fake fantasy shit despite GOT being based off many historical events, places, ppl, customs etc. Even the writers and directors have stated this before. I like GOT but it can't compare to movies based on historical events or periods in time.

who the hell is saying anyone is refusing to watch historical epic movies?? how did you get that out of this? my point is making money,and original ideas. If you have a show on tv that is pushing the envelope on large scale battles,normally reserved for movies,on a weekly basis,maybe its not the right time to go with a historical epic,and on top of that,its so much easier to just take a classic movie and remake it and switching the genders and races around and dump a huge steaming pile of CGI on it.Itll probably make a few million,and people will keep their shitty jobs even though no one will remember it in immediatley after they watched it.

apocalypto is great. He may be a fucking belligerent racist nutjob but mel gibson can make a motherfucking movie,way outside the lines of normal hollywood bullshit.

I don't get this argument. I have many friends who watch GOT but refuse to watch historical based epic movies. Lol its like their children who enjoy the fake fantasy shit despite GOT being based off many historical events, places, ppl, customs etc. Even the writers and directors have stated this before. I like GOT but it can't compare to movies based on historical events or periods in time.

I get what you are saying but currently GoT's quality and depth is just so high ; it's hard to beat.

apocalypto is great. He may be a fucking belligerent racist nutjob but mel gibson can make a motherfucking movie,way outside the lines of normal hollywood bullshit.

Apocalypto is a masterpiece IMO.

Recently, it's because they've performed poorly at the BO.

who the hell is saying anyone is refusing to watch historical epic movies?? how did you get that out of this? my point is making money,and original ideas. If you have a show on tv that is pushing the envelope on large scale battles,normally reserved for movies,on a weekly basis,maybe its not the right time to go with a historical epic,and on top of that,its so much easier to just take a classic movie and remake it and switching the genders and races around and dump a huge steaming pile of CGI on it.Itll probably make a few million,and people will keep their shitty jobs even though no one will remember it in immediatley after they watched it.
I'm not saying this about you. I'm saying it about almost every person I've spoken in person who watches GOT is almost never interested in historical epic movies or TV series (Vikings, Rome etc). I find this funny because it's basically the same shit as GOT minus no dwarfs, magic and Dragon shit.

Spartacus is on Netflix.

I totally vouch for Spartacus. It is to be taken with a grain of salt, though.

Blood & gore everywhere, sex scenes in every episode.

But if you take it for what it is, i.e. the supersized tripple Bigmac of the genre, it is absolutely awesome.

Ridiculously awesome one-liners too.

I'm not saying this about you. I'm saying it about almost every person I've spoken in person who watches GOT is almost never interested in historical epic movies or TV series (Vikings, Rome etc). I find this funny because it's basically the same shit as GOT minus no dwarfs, magic and Dragon shit.

I personally love historical epic movies,and novels as well,and wish everything that could ever be covered,could be covered ,in all formats.

highly reccomend this one

Tae-Guk-Gi.jpg

Too much toxic masculinity in these films. They need to be banned because they offend me.

And....

That Robin Hood movie sucked balls....it's like it just ended where the sequel should start....and then there was no sequel....and let's be real, Russell Crowe as Robin Hood??? Nah.

Oddly enough, Ridley Scott, who once had a hand in reviving the genre, also had a hand in scaring producers away from it.

Robin Hood, and Exodus did a lot of damage.

Oddly enough, Ridley Scott, who once had a hand in reviving the genre, also had a hand in scaring producers away from it.

Robin Hood, and Exodus did a lot of damage.

That Noah's ark movie....what the fucknwas that??? Tree people??? Was that some sort of a joke???

I personally love historical epic movies,and novels as well,and wish everything that could ever be covered,could be covered ,in all formats.
Agree, I wish I was at home to take a picture of my movie collection. I am especially fond of movies based in antiquity. (Rome, greece) I also admire movies who attempt to get the clothes and setting as historically accurate as possible.

That Noah's ark movie....what the fucknwas that??? Tree people??? Was that some sort of a joke???

EDIT - Read your post wrong. Yeah, The Noah movie as well.

Most recently there was that awful Gods Of Egypt flick. The "Clash" series as well.

Agree, I wish I was at home to take a picture of my movie collection. I am especially fond of movies based in antiquity. (Rome, greece) I also admire movies who attempt to get the clothes and setting as historically accurate as possible.

Would you mind suggesting a list of acceptable movies featuring ancient Greece ?

The only ones I know are 300 and Troy.

Just finished Herodote and I am starting Thucydides.....

EDIT : Greece pre-Alexander that is....

Would you mind suggesting a list of acceptable movies featuring ancient Greece ?

The only ones I know are 300 and Troy.

Just finished Herodote and I am starting Thucydides.....

EDIT : Greece pre-Alexander that is....
The hallmark movies the Odyssey and Jason and the argonauts are classics. I bought them off amazon cheap.

I like also the clash of titans and wrath of titans.

When I get home I'll take a pic and post it. Can't remember right now off the top of my head.

CGI has kinda ruined the realism of it, the battle scenes in braveheart are probably by far the most realistic battle you could see

Christ, can you imagine how much liberals would bitch about Braveheart if it came out today? 'Where are the people of colour?!'
Did they complain about last Mad Max, there was only 1 black dude, and he was from a flashback... and heavily implied to be dead in the events of the current film

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back