Why are there no more movies like Braveheart, Gladiator,etc?

Kingdom of Heaven was great, Troy was also super good. Spartacus last two seasons had some great battle scenes.

Last edited:
They'll come back around.

Fantasy franchises took over with the Lord of the rings, pirates of the carribean, Harry Potter movies. Pirates really steered things toward a lighthearted tone after all the seriousness of the movies you described.

Now comic stories are getting spotlight.

Is been a long run for lighthearted, but it should come to an end in a little bit, and you might see the reemergence of the more serious epic tales.

Kingdom of Heaven was great, Troy was also super good. Spartacus last two seasons had some great battle seasons.

Those two films were a big reason the genre came to an end.

Don't know if they shouldve focused more or less on Achilles, but he's not that heroic a character, so what do you do?

And Kingdom is a part of history that is a low point for all the cultures featured in it. Don't know that any of them could ever appreciate it fully

I figured the world was getting their fill through Game of Thrones.

Once that's completely over, I'd expect a spinoff movie or something.

Those two films were a big reason the genre came to an end.

Don't know if they shouldve focused more or less on Achilles, but he's not that heroic a character, so what do you do?

And Kingdom is a part of history that is a low point for all the cultures featured in it. Don't know that any of them could ever appreciate it fully

I don't remember if Troy and Kingdom of Heaven were successful or not but I absolutely loved both. I just happened to find Achilles badass without knowing the history behind him.

@Rusk

Whats the actual name of this movie? Have you heard about or seen it?
Think it's worth checking out? It looks pretty cool but it's just the trailer.

Christ, can you imagine how much liberals would bitch about Braveheart if it came out today? 'Where are the people of colour?!'

That Outlander series on Starz is pretty good TS and it might be kind of what you're looking for

Christ, can you imagine how much liberals would bitch about Braveheart if it came out today? 'Where are the people of colour?!'

and only one of two gays in the movie,was thrown out of the window,for being gay!

There has been the Snow White films, two of them, and the Maleficent movie

Did you forget Exodus Gods and Kings with C Bale?

What about Pompeii with Jon Snow?

And the Hobbit Series, on top of the Lord of the rings

Pompeii was a pile of steaming sh1t.

I love superhero films but there are too many of them now and it's not going to slowdown anytime with DC entering the game.

You know what I miss? 3 hour + movies that had incredible stories with badass action sequences.

I recently finished watching Battle of the Bastards and it made me think about how much I miss seeing these kinds of battles on the big screen.

Compare Battle of the Bastards to Captain America: Civil War. To me, I was on the edge of my seat during Game of Thrones and during Civil War I just kept thinking wow awesome action but these guys are just goofing around with each other.

There was something so much more spectacular about watching a 3 hour movie about characters you care about going to war against each other with nothing but a sword in their hands.
Because of millennials, feminism and the pussification of the male being.

The problem now is,Game of thrones can have one episode that beats entire movies to the ground and makes them beg for mercy. An epic of bravehearts proportions would need an original idea to justify the ungodly amount of time and money,and we all know hollywood doesnt have that

That Outlander series on Starz is pretty good TS and it might be kind of what you're looking for

Really ? I considered watching it but I was put off with the back to the future stuff and the love story.

Isn't it abit corny ?

There was Apocalyto? That is sword and sandal, meso murican style.

Also we had Dracula untold with Luke Evans. That had sword battles.

The chinese have been putting out those epic ancient battle movies.

Marco Polo on Netflix has this

There is going to be the Assassin's Creed Movie coming out

Robin HOod with Russell Crowe was not that long ago.

Also we had 300 and 300 Rise of Eva Green's sugar tits

There was the Ironclad films not too long ago

Also there is Vikings on TV, Last KIngdom on TV, Beowulf on TV, The musketeers on TV

Great tits

It's all about shitty super hero movies right now.

The problem now is,Game of thrones can have one episode that beats entire movies to the ground and makes them beg for mercy. An epic of bravehearts proportions would need an original idea to justify the ungodly amount of time and money,and we all know hollywood doesnt have that
I don't get this argument. I have many friends who watch GOT but refuse to watch historical based epic movies. Lol its like their children who enjoy the fake fantasy shit despite GOT being based off many historical events, places, ppl, customs etc. Even the writers and directors have stated this before. I like GOT but it can't compare to movies based on historical events or periods in time.

It's all about shitty super hero movies right now.

Yeah fuck,couldnt be arsed to see any of em,last ones i watched were the nolan batman ones and the watchmen.

Too much toxic masculinity in these films. They need to be banned because they offend me.

And....

That Robin Hood movie sucked balls....it's like it just ended where the sequel should start....and then there was no sequel....and let's be real, Russell Crowe as Robin Hood??? Nah.

Back