Why are the polynesian fighters so tough? (hawaiins, samoans etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're asians but with a bountiful food supply on the islands they grew. big bone structure, solid compact. almost impossible to knock out.

The "Asians" from the mainland (East Asians) are Mongoloids. They're not the same as Samoans/Polynesians.

The Mongoloids are smaller and physically much weaker. It's genetics. You can feed them all the food in the world, and they won't be as strong as the Samoans/Polynesians.

and to the contrary, u have small asians. all they usually eat is rice and soybeans (gay), and it leads to smaller dudes. but luckilly there is big asians like yao ming and yushin okami.

It's not so much the food, although having more food helps. It's genetics.

Yao Ming is a Mongoloid and is not the same as Samoans/Polynesians. He is physically very weak. He's big due to acromegally (excess pituitary hormone from a brain tumor) - think Bigfoot Silva, except Bigfoot is much stronger.

Okami is probably the top 5-1% in terms of strong Asians (Mongoloids). Most Asians aren't like him, even if they eat all the beef they can have.

Samoans/Polynesians are on average WAY stronger than Mongoloids because of genetics. As I have mentioned before, I had a Samoan friend back in high school, and the guy had a shitty lifestyle: smoke pot does not workout or play sports. He was WAY stronger than the strongest Asians (Mongoloids) friends of mine. He was also WAY stronger than the biggest 200lbs Caucasian guys in my class.

It's not food. It's genetics.

LOL@ Sherdoggers including Brandon Vera (Filipino Italian) and BJ Penn (Irish Korean) as "Polynesians."

The "Asians" from the mainland (East Asians) are Mongoloids. They're not the same as Samoans/Polynesians.

The Mongoloids are smaller and physically much weaker. It's genetics. You can feed them all the food in the world, and they won't be as strong as the Samoans/Polynesians.

Yao Ming is a Mongoloid and is not the same as Samoans/Polynesians. He is physically very weak. He's big due to acromegally (excess pituitary hormone from a brain tumor) - think Bigfoot Silva, except Bigfoot is much stronger.

Okami is probably the top 5-1% in terms of strong Asians (Mongoloids). Most Asians aren't like him, even if they eat all the beef they can have.

Samoans/Polynesians are on average WAY stronger than Mongoloids because of genetics. As I have mentioned before, I had a Samoan friend back in high school, and the guy had a shitty lifestyle: smoke pot does not workout or play sports. He was WAY stronger than the strongest Asians (Mongoloids) friends of mine. He was also WAY stronger than the biggest 200lbs Caucasian guys in my class.

yeah I agree but the food in the family history helps too, for example fat family fat kids. same with environment. asians have slit eyes to protects eyes from winds of the north. White skin snow, black skin sun. Big meat eating dense bone islanders vs rice eating asians. All comes into play. but like you said its like 97.4 percent genetic

For whatever reason, (tribal warfare based society, only the strong and large reproducing, luck of prior genetics etc) islanders are ludicrously athletic. Australia's most athletic rugby player is Tongan, a country of only 100,000 people. Australia is ranked as the third best country in the world at rugby, which has as many people playing worldwide as American football. Just ridiculous.

I also said that other Hawaiins, Tavarres, Kendall Grove, Faalaloto, Noons and Browne and their lack of success in the UFC also proves that the whole idea of Hawaiins having unusual toughness is wrong or irrelevant. Now that you know this, what do you say on it?

Noons and Browne aren't polynesians.

You seriously don't understand the difference between being born in Hawaii and being a Hawaiian (Polynesian/Samoan) by blood.

If I have to guess, I'd say Browne is mostly Irish, based on his red hair and pale skin.

And Browne is flabby... lol. He's no Polynesian.

hi-res-8041826_crop_north.jpg

This, is a real Polynesian:

MarkHunt_640.jpg

They are bigger in most cases, they are usually big/fat but still athletic, they arn't cut at all but....inland Asians are p4p stronger.

Look at the top Olympic Weight Lifters...Which is a sport that requires explosiveness/strength...

China is very, very succesful at it (inb4 they train them since babies).

back-muscles.jpg

lu-xiaojun-squat-260.jpg

tumblr_ml86n5z2Cx1qdazono1_400.jpg

Okami is not even near the most athletic asians lulz...you obviously are basing this on American Stereotypes...The typical inland asian might be small but he has probably worked his whole life, so they are very strong/lean.

Sorry but you judging all of this because your Samoan friend, is very stupid........Not saying island Asians don't produce good athletes, they obviously do...They have success in the NFL/rugby.

But like I said lets look at all sports...wheres the amazing Samoans/Polynesians in Strongman/Olympic weight lifting/MMA(Mark hunt isn't even close to being the best)/Boxing/Wrestling/etc....The list goes on.

Face it just because they are good in the NFL/Rugby doesn't mean they are some super athletes....they don't have success in many other sports.

It's a good question ts, in the 19th century it took the europeans the entire centrury to kill the natives in new zealand who had primitive weapons. Rumour has it islanders have thicker skulls, maybe it's from evolving with coconuts dropping out of trees for centuries.

They are bigger in most cases, they are usually big/fat but still athletic, they arn't cut at all but....inland Asians are p4p stronger.

Look at the top Olympic Weight Lifters...Which is a sport that requires explosiveness/strength...

back-muscles.jpg

lu-xiaojun-squat-260.jpg

Okami is not even near the most athletic asians lulz...you obviously are basing this on American Stereotypes...The typical inland asian might be small but he has probably worked his whole life, so they are very strong/lean.

Sorry but you judging all of this because your friend, is very stupid....Not saying they don't produce good athletes, they obviously do...They have success in the NFL/rugby.

But like I said lets look at all sports...wheres the amazing Samoans/Polynesians in Strongman/Olympic weight lifting/MMA(Mark hunt isn't even close to being the best)/Boxing/Wrestling/etc....The list goes on.

Face it just because they are good in the NFL/Rugby doesn't mean they are some super athletes....they don't have success in many other sports.

Look dude, you can go into denial all you want.

Because of where I grew up and go to school (Southern California), I have many friends who came from different parts of the world and of different ethnicities.

Of the many friends I have, a large number of them are East Asian (Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese, Koreans, etc.) and S. East Asian (Vietnamese, Filipino). The strongest and most athletic of them all were Filipinos. The weakest were the Taiwanese (no offense meant to any Taiwanese Sherdoggers here).

And the strongest of these guys were no match for the Latin American dudes in terms of strength, aerobic endurance. When compared to the Samoans, forget it, lol!

Polynesians are genetically bigger and stronger than most. King Kamehameha the Great was 6'5 275 lbs.

Once the Asian cultures came into Hawaii and everyone started humping each other there became less and less pure Polynesians. In Hawaii at least; hence a lot of locals being 5'10 and less. In Samoa, tonga, New Zealand, etc there still plenty of giants of pure genetics.

Funny in a thread about Polynesian genetics we still get fighters who are not Polynesian in any way called so because of where they live.

Because of where I grew up and go to school (Southern California), I have many friends who came from different parts of the world and of different ethnicities.

Of the many friends I have, a large number of them are East Asian (Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese, Koreans, etc.) and S. East Asian (Vietnamese, Filipino). The strongest and most athletic of them all were Filipinos. The weakest were the Taiwanese (no offense meant to any Taiwanese Sherdoggers here).

And the strongest of these guys were no match for the Latin American dudes in terms of strength, aerobic endurance. When compared to the Samoans, forget it, lol!

LMFAO BRB gonna get random people of different ethnicity/races off the street, set up an athletic event and judge them all the ethnicity/races from that.

Thats what you basically just did.

You can't judge shit like that off the people you know...

The only thing we have that gets people from all over the world is sports.

Like I said....Where all the super amazing Samoans/Polynesians athletes when it comes to Strongman,Olympic Weight Lifting,MMA,Boxing,Wrestling,etc.

You guys make it seems like Samoans/Polynesians are much better than everybody else in strength/fighting, yet we don't see them have much success in fighting sports/strength sports.

So if they are so damn good, they should just walk in and dominate...That isn't happening at all.

They only have success in NFL/Rugby.

So yeah seeing the whole pictures...the whole world picture, not you friend experiment....I don't see anything that shows they are better than everybody else in these aspects.

Seems like the island dudes are just born scrappy as shit. Mark Hunt, Tavares, Holloway, BJ Penn (never even been knocked down right?)
Surprising that these small islands produce so many good fighters relative to how small their populations are. There is without a doubt a certain style of fighter that comes from the islands: tough as nails, risk taking, scrappers

because they learn to get hit by big waves

holy science

observe your high school friends and use these observations as the sample in your genetics thesis. amazing

i agree samoans are big boned etc and thats why they have a presence in the nfl also. but ranking strength by genetics based on observing your friends is lol retarded

Hawaii provides a good laboratory for comparing people of different backgrounds because they come here and start eating a more similar diet heavy in meat, dairy and starch. I know 2 Vietnamese guys born in Hawaii and they are both over 6 feet (one is 6'4") and the ones I know who were born in Vietnam average about 5'7. Go look at the Hawaii prep wrestling champions, there are many Asian names -- the Japanese captain of my HS wrestling team is P4P the strongest guy I've ever known. You will see lots of Polynesian names as well but they are by no means dominant the way they would be if they were "freakishly" strong genetic supermen like people are suggesting. They're certainly absolutely strong and part of that may be genetic but most of it is because they are absolutely large and working out those muscles more often than other people.

Last edited:

back-muscles.jpg

lu-xiaojun-squat-260.jpg

Sorry but you judging all of this because your Samoan friend, is very stupid........Not saying island Asians don't produce good athletes, they obviously do...They have success in the NFL/rugby.

Lol Chinese are good at the Olympics because they have the largest talent pool (along with Indians who have even less athleticism). Imagine a billion islanders and you'll have athletes that eat those elite Chinese lifters for breakfast. As I mentioned before, there are only 100,000 Tongans, yet they'd smash the Chinese rugby team. Geez you'd think with a billion people to choose from the Chinese rugby team would beat so few. I'd put many ethnic groups over Chinese in terms of strength genetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paula676
Back