Why are the polynesian fighters so tough? (hawaiins, samoans etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again NFL....NFL is a sport..and it's much more than just strength...China doesn't know shit about football so thats a horrible exmaple...There is obviously a rugby/football culture in those islands.

I never said they were horrible athletes either.

However when I hear bullshit about how Samoans are way stronger than everybody else, I call bullshit.

So like I been saying if Samoans are on a whole other level in strength why don't they dominate in powerlifting,strongman,and olympic weight lifting?

Let me guess maybe because Samoans arn't 50x stronger than everybody else like you people claim:icon_chee

No, on average they are, there's just only 200,000 of them. Compared to a billion Chinese. If there was a billion Samoans they'd have many, many times the potential talent pool (and much better athletes) than they do now.

You can't just look at which country wins what events to determine average genetics. Larger talent pool equals better athletes,
It's the number one rule of sports.

No, on average they are, there's just only 200,000 of them. Compared to a billion Chinese. If there was a billion Samoans they'd have many, many times the potential talent pool (and much better athletes) than they do now.

You can't just look at which country wins what events to determine average genetics. Larger talent pool equals better athletes,
It's the number one rule of sports.

Actually if they had a billion Samoans that will change there whole genetic gene pool so they would be massively different...Please just stop.

Size of Gene poll matters but also claims like "Somoans are so much stronger" matter like I been saying if that were the case, they would be owning in Powerlifting/OlympicWeightlifting/Strongman.....but they don't.

You can claim that the chinesse are on top solely because of their gene poll but fact is that they are on top....Fact is that none of your supposedly way superior Ethnic groups even stand a chance....So yeah deal with it.

Uhhh Culture matters a lot too.....Some of the best soccer countries don't have a huge talent pool but yet they dominate....If it was all talent pool then the biggest countries will be the best, and thats clearly not the case.

you are saying things based on UFC fighters.

as a korean, many could say korean fighters are tough cuz in UFC, korean zombie, DHK, HGL,YCN had shown tremendous heart and toughness in fights. But are they tough cuz they're korean?

I've seen how local major championships do and many aren't that tough as the ones I've mentioned as UFC fighters.

If you only mention Mark Hunt(Samoan), Soa Palelei(Samoan), Max Hollaway(Hawaiian native I suppose?), BJ(he ain't polynesian though..)Polynesian fighters can be described by the characteristic "toughness". but, I don't know cuz, the research basis is weak to support it

Because they are directly descendant of the Neanderthals. I played Rugby my whole life, playing against those Kiwi motherfuckers was always a pain in the ass, their heads are scientifically proven to be stronger then Steel.

Maoris have never shown great durability, big, strong and aggressive yes, durable no

Seems like the island dudes are just born scrappy as shit. Mark Hunt, Tavares, Holloway, BJ Penn (never even been knocked down right?)
Surprising that these small islands produce so many good fighters relative to how small their populations are. There is without a doubt a certain style of fighter that comes from the islands: tough as nails, risk taking, scrappers

Actually.... BJ is half Korean half Irish.

Seems like the island dudes are just born scrappy as shit. Mark Hunt, Tavares, Holloway, BJ Penn (never even been knocked down right?)
Surprising that these small islands produce so many good fighters relative to how small their populations are. There is without a doubt a certain style of fighter that comes from the islands: tough as nails, risk taking, scrappers

yeah.

Its called evolution and Genetic Mutation.

Throughout the years of evolution nature preferred these scrappier types of people. Obviously there must have been plenty of tribal warfare going on throughout the years.

Asking this question is like asking why some men are bald, why some women have small breasts or why most Asians are short (no offense) the answer is the same, year and years of evolution and Genetic Mutation.

Pretty sure this is why they're so tough

10298663_10203092958237098_1224556865885291662_n.jpg

I never said they were just as strong...I clearly said they are probably p4p stronger.

I said it since the beginning Samoans are generally bigger/stronger but they also carry lots of fat.

My point is that you are basing this off American Stereotypes and your friends lol....Thats so fucking stupid.

Truth be told: Before I met this Samoan friend back in 9th, I never knew about the Samoan stereotype. I have never even heard about the Samoan people before that. All I knew was that the guy was the first Samoan I have ever seen, and he looked like a normal guy with brown skin, curly black hair who happened to be a freak of nature in terms of strength.

So, I think it's you who has this stereotypes about American stereotypes of Samoan. From our conversation, my guess is that you have NEVER known a Samoan in real life. Have you?

Not only that but like I said, everybody in this thread is saying how the Samoans/Polynesians are so strong/suited for fighting better than all other humans yet where in the fuck are they when it comes to Strongman,Olympic weight lifting,MMA,boxing,wrestling,etc.

I have no idea. Maybe because they're into rugby? Also, their body type with low center of gravity and insane strength is more suited for rugby instead of, say, boxing, where long reach, footwork, and reflex are more important, which is why the top boxers ever are black?

Fact is they are not these unstoppable beast like you people make them sound in either strength or fighting....so please cut the bullshit.

No one said they're unstoppable. We're saying when it comes to raw strength, they're among the top of the food chain, and compared to East Asians, Samoans blow them away. In sports where raw strength and power are important, such as rugby and football (American football), Samoans do very well, because they're built for it. How many East Asian American footballers do you see playing in the NFL?

No, on average they are, there's just only 200,000 of them.

That's true if you mean the population of Samoa. There's a lot more ethnic Samoans. 130k in NZ alone. Mark Hunt is not one of those 200k any way you look at it.

Stop with your racist bullshit lol...so because you saw one black guy doing that, that means all blacks can do that and are that strong lol....Your such a racist POS.

Like it has been said, China dominates in Olympic Weight Lifting which is a strength/explosive sport.....According to you That 5'4 black guy should just walk in and dominate the lower weight classes against the chiness huh:rolleyes:

You're the racist who assumed that I said all black are strong. When did I make that claim?

I have many black friends, some are skinny and weak, some are fat and slow, but many of them are very athletic and strong.

Many is not the same as ALL.

What about my Asian friends? Many of them are skinny, a few are big and reasonably strong, but the strongest one of them would be average compared to the black guys and the Mexican guys.

And stop hiding behind the China Olympic BS. I'm not talking about P4P BS or one or two exceptionally strong people out of billions of people. I'm talking about what's on average.

I have met tons of Chinese, and many of them are much weaker compared to, say, Mexicans, blacks, etc., so don't even talk about comparing them to the Samoans. As I have said before, my black/Mexican friend who is a 200 something pound college football player, and he had to give respect to the Samoans when it comes to their raw strength, and he himself is no joke. I train with him, and he benches 225lbs x 15 reps without even training for it.

For whatever reason, (tribal warfare based society, only the strong and large reproducing, luck of prior genetics etc) islanders are ludicrously athletic. Australia's most athletic rugby player is Tongan, a country of only 100,000 people. Australia is ranked as the third best country in the world at rugby, which has as many people playing worldwide as American football. Just ridiculous.

Some good posts here, you're talking about Folau I think. He's a beast, Folau is a great athlete.

@TheApotheosis:

We can argue all day, and I'm pretty sure you're set in the belief that East Asians are just as strong as Samoans, so it makes no sense for me to debate it any further.

All I'll say is this:

Come back here when you can find an East Asian guy who is of average height and weight (5'8, 160lbs) who smoke pot all day, does not workout or play sports, and is still stronger than a typical 200lbs, fit and athletic high school football player.

And based on the theory of economy of scale athletes of the African persuasion would eventually dominate these side sports such as MMA, cycling, olympic swimming, judo, fencing, cricket, tennis, hockey, kickboxing, muay thai, etc, when more opportunities are afforded and if pay scale goes up relative to the big 4 (NFL, NBA, MLB, Boxing) but in the mean time they will still choose to put their egg in the more mainstream lucrative baskets. I mean Jones would get schooled in the big 4.

In short, it's going to be a "Black" heavy sport 20 years from now - MMA that is.

Last edited:
Some races have better genetics in terms of athletics. That's just a fact.

It's still being debated because people like you still believe since he grew up in Hawaii, he must be Hawaiian.

If a cat has kittens in the oven, it doesn't make them muffins.

His mom is Korean, his dad is American/Irish. He's not Hawaiian.

I'm Chinese an possibly part Japanese. Born an raised in southern Cali. Am I not American?

Truth be told: Before I met this Samoan friend back in 9th, I never knew about the Samoan stereotype. I have never even heard about the Samoan people before that. All I knew was that the guy was the first Samoan I have ever seen, and he looked like a normal guy with brown skin, curly black hair who happened to be a freak of nature in terms of strength.

So, I think it's you who has this stereotypes about American stereotypes of Samoan. From our conversation, my guess is that you have NEVER known a Samoan in real life. Have you?

I have no idea. Maybe because they're into rugby? Also, their body type with low center of gravity and insane strength is more suited for rugby instead of, say, boxing, where long reach, footwork, and reflex are more important, which is why the top boxers ever are black?

No one said they're unstoppable. We're saying when it comes to raw strength, they're among the top of the food chain, and compared to East Asians, Samoans blow them away. In sports where raw strength and power are important, such as rugby and football (American football), Samoans do very well, because they're built for it. How many East Asian American footballers do you see playing in the NFL?

You judge a whole ethnicity/races by meeting 1 person lulz.

Well according to you people they are so far ahead of everybody else, it just makes sense atleast one of them will dominate in Strongman/Powerlifting/OlympicWeightlifting, considering how much stronger they are than everybody else:rolleyes:

Like I said they have success in rugby/NFL....They have no success in Combat Sports or Strength Sports....Yet you guys are talking about how they are way better fighters/stronger.

Also Again culture matters....East Asians don't play football because there is no culture of it but your right, most don't have the size to compete in it.

However I see East Asians Dominate in Olympic Weight lifting....I see no Samoan dominate in Olympic Weight Lifting which is a Strength/Explosive sport...just saying.

A lot of Polynesians are pretty tough and strong but they are generally fat, lazy, slow and less skilled and athletic to most of there counterparts that's why they never rise to the top of combat sports. Look at guys like Hunt and Poleilei they're pretty strong and tough but get outclassed against elite opposition. The same as David Tua in boxing hit extremely hard but when he went up against top comp like Lennox Lewis he was besmirched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back