Why Are So Many People Picking Rothwell To Beat Gonzaga??

well, Gonzaga won by submission in the first round too.
I pick Rothwell but I'm rooting for Gonzaga.

Gonzaga was fighting a 220 pound fat guy who's not very good to be honest. Rothwell KOd the guy who beat the living shit out of Gonzaga.

wtj2ww.jpg

Ben+Rothwell+Stops+Brendan+Schaub+-+UFC+145.gif

These gifs are all you need to see.
Schaub attacks Gonzaga-Gonzaga covers up and runs away
Schaub attacks Rothwell-Rothwell knocks him the f out

ever sence he got that gig on law and order... he's been lacking in the cage

This.

GG is the big tease - he's got the talent and skill to beat any HW in the world, but everyone has known for a long time what Randy Couture showed: Get in his face, punch him in the mouth a couple times, and he'll fold like a cheap suit.

Ben Rothwell will get in your face and punch you in the mouth repeatedly.

Sorry, but no, you're overrating Gonzaga's skill too much. Werdum TKO'd him twice when his striking was in a very low level compared to now, and he's basically lost to every single decent opponent he has faced with the Cro Cop exception.

I agree, Rothwell should be the favorite because of: aggression, chin and power. Gonzaga, still, could probably sub him.

Gonzaga was fighting a 220 pound fat guy who's not very good to be honest. Rothwell KOd the guy who beat the living shit out of Gonzaga.

wtj2ww.jpg

Ben+Rothwell+Stops+Brendan+Schaub+-+UFC+145.gif

These gifs are all you need to see.
Schaub attacks Gonzaga-Gonzaga covers up and runs away
Schaub attacks Rothwell-Rothwell knocks him the f out

I was watching this GIF of Schaub vs Gonzaga and DAMN I wish fighters would attack the body more...he could have landed a few good punches to the body here instead of hitting Gonzaga's hands over and over again. Not to mention that mixing head and body shots keeps your opponent guessing so you might just catch him flush on the jaw more easily....anyway

If Gonzaga approaches this fight the way he did his last fight then it'll be a lot more interesting, but I just think Rothwell's going to wear him out.

I'm not, rothwell seems to capitalize on mistakes because he has a hard head and punches big. I don't think he'll last against Gonzaga with his brawler mentality. He's gonna get put out.

I was watching this GIF of Schaub vs Gonzaga and DAMN I wish fighters would attack the body more...he could have landed a few good punches to the body here instead of hitting Gonzaga's hands over and over again. Not to mention that mixing head and body shots keeps your opponent guessing so you might just catch him flush on the jaw more easily....anyway

True that, something like what Fedor did to Goodridge when he covered up.

2gvljtj_jpg.gif

Rothwell has had a resurgence lately, and Gonzaga has really faded from being considered one of the top HWs. It just depends on where this fight takes place. On the ground, I just don't see Rothwell doing very well, but that's based on never really seeing him against an excellent grappler like Gonzaga. On the feet, we all know Rothwell can bang with the best.

Because with the exception of the Cro Cop KO, Gonzaga always loses to upper level competition. Always.

The term gatekeeper gets thrown around a lot but it actually works for him. If you are upper level, you will beat him. If you aren't, he will demolish you.

You consider Rothwell upper level?

I for one don't think that rothwell is a different fighter than the one that went undefeated in the IFL and has over the 8 years has only lost to Arlovski (at his best), Hunt, and Cain.

Also, his gastank is not to be questioned, both him and hunt gassed badly at altitude you need to watch more of his fights to understand that isn't the norm for him.

I for one don't think that rothwell is a different fighter than the one that went undefeated in the IFL and has over the 8 years has only lost to Arlovski (at his best), Hunt, and Cain.

Also, his gastank is not to be questioned, both him and hunt gassed badly at altitude you need to watch more of his fights to understand that isn't the norm for him.

He gassed against Yvel and Cain too, but he's taken training seriously again, lost over 10 pounds and got in shape because of the fans. He said after KOing Schaub that he'd retire if not for the fans and that they provided all his motivation in training.

method=get&s=ben-rothwell-gif.gif

WAR ROTHWELL!

Didn't Ben say after his last fight that he felt a renewed sense of purpose and that God had been involved in his win over Schaub?
Gonzaga might have his hands full!

I don't see why not. I think it's a pretty close fight but if I had to pick it would be Rothwell.

When it comes to potentially sprining an upset agenst really elite guys I'd say Gonzaga still might have the edge on Rothwell given the power behind his best shots but given how tough Ben has prooven to be in the past it seems likely he'll last though the opening onslaught then TKO or decision him.

There is no way for me to respond to this honestly without getting dubs so lets just say someone belongs in the UFC and someone belongs in Reality Fighting.

When hasxrothwell ever looked good in the ufc?

cain destroyed him
He won a terrible fight against yvel
Got outgrappled by mark hunt
and was getting beat up before landing on a guy with no chin.

This is an intresting fight due to rothwell`s toughness and gonzaga`s history of breaking down but imo gonzaga is the better fighter.

Back