Why Are So Many People Picking Rothwell To Beat Gonzaga??

FightOrDie007

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To me Gonzaga is the big favourite. He is using his jiu jitsu now and his ground game is on a whole nother level to Rothwell's. Everyone is acting like Rothwell has become a whole new fighter recently just based on knocking out Schaub. This guy has god awful cardio, his fight with Schauv didn't go long enough to show that and he was getting whooped in that fight before Schauv started swininging with the heavier man and got knocked out. Before that fight Rothwell was getting beatdown and even outgrappled at times by Mark Hunt. ROthwell's victory over Yvel was god awful aswell. Gonzaga is more techincal in the striking with better kicks but has a huge advantage on the ground and will submit a gassed ROthwell in round 2!!

I think it's just because GG often folds in long fights and Ben will fight till the end.

Because with the exception of the Cro Cop KO, Gonzaga always loses to upper level competition. Always.

The term gatekeeper gets thrown around a lot but it actually works for him. If you are upper level, you will beat him. If you aren't, he will demolish you.

I think it's just because GG often folds in long fights and Ben will fight till the end.

This.

GG is the big tease - he's got the talent and skill to beat any HW in the world, but everyone has known for a long time what Randy Couture showed: Get in his face, punch him in the mouth a couple times, and he'll fold like a cheap suit.

Ben Rothwell will get in your face and punch you in the mouth repeatedly.

Because with the exception of the Cro Cop KO, Gonzaga always loses to upper level competition. Always.

The term gatekeeper gets thrown around a lot but it actually works for him. If you are upper level, you will beat him. If you aren't, he will demolish you.

And I think the events following the Cro Cop fight showed that Cro Cop wasn't elite anymore at that point. Foot injuries had robbed him of his movement, aggression, and lethal kicks.

A few things. Mainly a chin, a heart, huge KO power, and has been much more active than Gonzaga lately. He used to be my favorite heavyweight, but I can't look at the same since he let Schaub box his ass all around the octagon for 3 rounds.

If he was smarter and utilized his BJJ more and threatened with takedowns to open up his striking and huge kicks, I would expect him to be much more successful and a favorite going into this fight. However, I see Rothwell tagging and putting him away or taking over his heart and beating Gabe in a decision

Rothwell is a solid third tier fighter. Gonzaga has always been wildly overrated.

Rothwell is a solid third tier fighter. Gonzaga has always been wildly overrated.

Gonzaga was in his phase gurgel by thinking his stand up was good during his first ufc stunt,Crocop win made him overrated

Rothwell hits hard, is durable and is well rounded for a heavyweight. Gonzaga will go down if he can't take it to the ground quickly and with Rothwell's strength, size and decent grappling, it's going to be hard to do that.

Because he has 32 wins over mostly no-name opponents, so people think that that means something.

Bob Rothwell knocked out Schuab, Schuab knocked out GG.

Bob has been fighting top UFC fighters while GG was on the UFC fringe.

Because we saw that old fight between Bob Rothwell and this very fat kid with a tshirt and for some reason it convinced us that Bob was a killah.

And I think the events following the Cro Cop fight showed that Cro Cop wasn't elite anymore at that point. Foot injuries had robbed him of his movement, aggression, and lethal kicks.

Eh, that's not really fair to diminish the win after the fact, especially when you could argue that the brutality of that fight played a big part in Cro Cop's downfall. That was a great win and it deserved all the props it got. But that was his only win over an elite opponent.

Because Rothwell is hard to finish and Gonzaga is very inconsistent.

Gonzaga is one of my favorite fighters, but you never know which guy is going to show up. He should outclass Rothwell everywhere in this fight, but look at both their fights against Schaub. What if that Gonzaga shows up?

because youre only as good as your last fight on here. rothwell won his by ko, so everyone thinks hes awesome now.

GG sub Rd 2

because youre only as good as your last fight on here. rothwell won his by ko, so everyone thinks hes awesome now.

GG sub Rd 2

well, Gonzaga won by submission in the first round too.
I pick Rothwell but I'm rooting for Gonzaga.

GG will submit him pretty easily IMO. He'll outclass him everywhere.

Back