Why are people writing off Ortega?

KZ has looked like a super hero lately. Ortega’s last outing was hard to watch.

I just have never been overly impressed with Ortega. He's tough. Proved that in the Max fight. But I don't put too much stock into sleeping Frankie. He's tough, but his best days are behind him. Moicano hasn't had the best run and left the division to reinvent himself. Then there's the 2 year layoff that saw him still retain his high ranking.
This isn’t new. Condit has had multiple times where he is injured and still held a top 5 spot, only getting knocked out of the rankings after like 3 losses in a row or something.

KZ has been a top level potential guy since way back. He held his own with Prime Aldo on the feet, and he was still raw.

Skip to recent days, KZ looks like he really hit the cieling on his potential. On top of that Ortega has had problems against what KZ brings to the table.

I don't think people are sleeping on Ortega at all; I think people are starting to realize that KZ is a monster.

Jung is 16-5. He's an inconsistent mid level fighter. Very overrated.

Inconsistent? He's had 8 UFC fights, 7 of them had won POTN/FOTN bonuses, except the Aldo fight where he injured himself. He was 1 second away from winning a decision vs Yair in the scorecards. Finished all 6 wins and never went to a decision in the UFC

Mid level fighter? Mid-carders don't reach title eliminator fights. KZ already is on his 2nd run.

Overrated? His first 3 UFC fights all made the record books; first twister sub, tied fastest KO (that time), first Korean to headline an event and fight of the year. Was out for 2 years but came back with a 1st round KO (with a bad eye, had to get surgery after that). Finished his last 2 fights in less than 5 mins combined.

Last edited:
Idk but he's weird as fuck for getting caught up in long running beef with a kpop star

because he's not that good and his last opponent was trying to give him defense lessons while he is whopping his ass.

Because he was looking like the only person to ever dethrone Max at the time of the hype train & when Max pieced him up it shook most all the casuals.

Ortega is very dangerous in any match-up, hell even in a max rematch, but max literally found the perfect timing & space to catch Ortega.

If Ortega was to go into a rematch I believe he'd adjust & have a different game plan.

Personally I'm picking Ortega to win this one.

I'm mad that he gets to roll with Halle Berry though :)

Ortegas striking is mediocre. His take down arent world beaters. I see him getting a two pc and biscuit.

You know the deal with forum-dwellers. They believe a fighter's only as good as his last fight. And Ortega's last fight left him a bloody battered mess. Add in the long layoff and the weird on again, off again nature of how the fight came to be, and it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Dude took a prolonged beating. His chin is toast.
Is it proven that if you take a prolonged beating, your chin isn't the same? I mean, KZ had been knocked out cold twice and has been in wars where he took multiple punches to the head (garcia fight, Poirier fight), and KZ's chin seems okay.

KZ is one of the most dick ridden fighters on SD. I got T City by sub in the 3rd.

George+Roop+vs+Korean+Zombie+1.gif

This why they call him the zombie cause he dieded

Inconsistent? He's had 8 UFC fights, 7 of them had won POTN/FOTN bonuses, except the Aldo fight where he injured himself. He was 1 second away from winning a decision vs Yair in the scorecards. Finished all 6 wins and never went to a decision in the UFC

Mid level fighter? Mid-carders don't reach title eliminator fights. KZ already is on his 2nd run.

Overrated? His first 3 UFC fights all made the record books; first twister sub, tied fastest KO (that time), first Korean to headline an event and fight of the year. Was out for 2 years but came back with a 1st round KO (with a bad eye, had to get surgery after that). Finished his last 2 fights in less than 5 mins combined.
Mid level fighters can get a title shot if lucky. Look at Dustin, lol, he never deserves an interim title and a title shot, but lucky for hum he was able to defeat a FW, get the LW interim belt, and get the title shot, which is one of the most one sided beatdown in a championship.

Back