Why are people so fixated on Whittaker's jab in the Cannoniere fight?

lol, it doesn’t matter how talented you are. If you’re down an entire arm the are very few situations where “‘more head movement” will save you

the TS is acting like he was getting hit with jabs because his arm was broken. no, he was getting hit with jabs because he didn't move his head. having a broken arm doesn't stop you from doing that.

the TS is acting like he was getting hit with jabs because his arm was broken. no, he was getting hit with jabs because he didn't move his head. having a broken arm doesn't stop you from doing that.
Yea but it’s a range setting tool. It’s kind of like being a center in basketball except the other team doesn’t have anyone who can put muscle you. You’ll just walk to the post every time and no one will stop you. Not to mention that the other guy only has to protect from one side. So not only is your arm compromised, but you’re way more predictable. It’s possibly the worst situation you can be in.

If your arm was broken I would keep throwing high kicks on that arm until you mentally broke, knowing that your ability to keep me at distance is now compromised, and even if you block it you’re fucked.

You're not debating in good faith.

You dont acknowledge the simple fact that he had a devastating injury and was compromised. He's in a lot of pain, he's hesitant, he's burning up energy, he's limited in his offensive and defensive tools. It's like you're trying to analyze around the injury.
Tell me this.

If your arm is broken, do your legs work?

If your arm is broken, does your neck work?

Yes?

So why didn't Cannonier move his legs or his neck to avoid the punches?

Maybe because...Whittaker was throwing them too quick for him to avoid?

I've acknowledged the injury repeatedly. You're repeatedly refusing to acknowledge that a broken arm doesn't inhibit movement of the neck or the legs. Yes, Cannonier's arm was broken. Yes, that impacts the fight. No, it doesn't mean he can't avoid a jab.

Have a great day

Yea but it’s a range setting tool. It’s kind of like being a center in basketball except the other team doesn’t have anyone who can put muscle you. You’ll just walk to the post every time and no one will stop you. Not to mention that the other guy only has to protect from one side. So not only is your arm compromised, but you’re way more predictable. It’s possibly the worst situation you can be in.

If your arm was broken I would keep throwing high kicks on that arm until you mentally broke, knowing that your ability to keep me at distance is now compromised, and even if you block it you’re fucked.

you're right, but we're not talking about high kicks, we're talking about jabs. there is a multitude of things Cannonier could do. i'm not saying he wasn't severely compromised he was, but he could've used footwork to get away from the jab, he could've used his own jab, his own kicks to disrupt it, he could've moved his head, change stances, parry with his shoulder or other hand etc.,

i just don't see him being able to stop the jabs even if he didn't have a broken arm. as long as Cannonier tried to strike with Rob, he'd get jabbed. he's not fast enough to stop it with athleticism and he's not savvy enough to stop it with technique.

you're right, but we're not talking about high kicks, we're talking about jabs. there is a multitude of things Cannonier could do. i'm not saying he wasn't severely compromised he was, but he could've used footwork to get away from the jab, he could've used his own jab, his own kicks to disrupt it, he could've moved his head, change stances, parry with his shoulder or other hand etc.,

i just don't see him being able to stop the jabs even if he didn't have a broken arm. as long as Cannonier tried to strike with Rob, he'd get jabbed. he's not fast enough to stop it with athleticism and he's not savvy enough to stop it with technique.

Another armchair warrior speculating that an arm break is "just a flesh wound" despite no experience entering into competition with a similar injury.

Did you see the X-ray ?

Jab was landing before the break but yeah IDK Prolly same reason people thought cannoniers kicks were career enders

Guys like you act like this is a video game, "oh he just lost 1 arm he still has 3 other limbs". It HURTS and it compromises him in many other ways. If mma was easy with 1 arm you'd have loads of 1 arm guys competing, it's not the case.

So silly
No shit it hurts. Hence my point about the forearm not being the main line of defense against a jab.

Reading comprehension. Ask a third grader about it.

No shit it hurts. Hence my point about the forearm not being the main line of defense against a jab.

Reading comprehension. Ask a third grader about it.

Do you get the elementary point that having a broken arm makes everything else compromised to a degree or not ?

If not, you're an ignoramus.

Do you get the elementary point that having a broken arm makes everything else compromised to a degree or not ?

If not, you're an ignoramus.
Not everything, and "to a degree" can be to a minor degree.

Obviously, Cannoniere was able to continue the fight, and was able to throw strikes and kicks, so "everything else" and the "degree" is not demonstrated. Everyone has pointed out Franklin throwing punches with a broken arm, and being able to finish Liddel via KO, while fighting with a broken arm. Pettis continued to fight and won with dislocated shoulder, which would be much more debilitating to overall ability to perform than a fractured forearm bone.

If you were making the argument "everyone is lauding Whittaker, but he beat a one arm fighter" that would be one thing, but you are specifically talking about Whittaker's jab, where the ability to defend an opponent trying to land that jab has almost nothing to do with that arm.

No need to offer any "if... then" about whether you are an ignoramus. It was a stupid concept, that you refuse to let go of.

Sherbros buy whatever the commentary shills sell em. I heard Ortega is now a Floyd Mayweather level boxer too

Learn how to throw a jab. Whittaker has the best use of the jab ever at MW cept for like maybe Moose.

Not everything, and "to a degree" can be to a minor degree.

Obviously, Cannoniere was able to continue the fight, and was able to throw strikes and kicks, so "everything else" and the "degree" is not demonstrated. Everyone has pointed out Franklin throwing punches with a broken arm, and being able to finish Liddel via KO, while fighting with a broken arm. Pettis continued to fight and won with dislocated shoulder, which would be much more debilitating to overall ability to perform than a fractured forearm bone.

If you were making the argument "everyone is lauding Whittaker, but he beat a one arm fighter" that would be one thing, but you are specifically talking about Whittaker's jab, where the ability to defend an opponent trying to land that jab has almost nothing to do with that arm.

No need to offer any "if... then" about whether you are an ignoramus. It was a stupid concept, that you refuse to let go of.

If you acknowledge that beating a one armed fighter is a friggin easy task, then why play up the jabs that ended up landing on said one armed fighter ? Wouldn't the move that broke the previously two-armed fighters arm be the more relevant factor ?

For fucks sake. So many God damn#$_#&#_$&@s in this thread

Sherbros buy whatever the commentary shills sell em. I heard Ortega is now a Floyd Mayweather level boxer too

I feel like I'm going crazy. A guy breaks his arm and suddenly that's not the primary reason he lost, it's the jabs of a guy beating on said one armed man. Like... What ?

Tell me this.

If your arm is broken, do your legs work?

If your arm is broken, does your neck work?

Yes?

So why didn't Cannonier move his legs or his neck to avoid the punches?

Maybe because...Whittaker was throwing them too quick for him to avoid?

I've acknowledged the injury repeatedly. You're repeatedly refusing to acknowledge that a broken arm doesn't inhibit movement of the neck or the legs. Yes, Cannonier's arm was broken. Yes, that impacts the fight. No, it doesn't mean he can't avoid a jab.

Have a great day

Any sudden movement can cause him excruciating pain you dill weed.

Back