Why are people saying that Nate outboxes Conor ?

what? Nate relies of a few goto's that hes really good at. He gets away with being sloppy cause he's lanky and and can fake distance/roll with punches well. He's still a slow flat footed boxer who uses cardio and range to success.

If Conor actually gameplans for Diaz, sticks to countering and footwork, then we're gonna see the discrepancy in boxing skill. The last fight Conor just kept full power spamming lefts and rear uppercuts. The punch that rocked him was because he was gassing and went for a sloppy rear uppercut with zero setup.

Idk why his main focus was that rear uppercut, its a terrible punch to use against a taller lanky fellow southpaw who doesn't even shoot in or dip his head forward that much.

Watch Conor's old fights before he was so full of himself. He used excellent footwork, feints, combo's, speed, and precision. He fought so stupid against Diaz because he believed his own hype. That Aldo KO was the worse thing to happen to him, he forgot what actually got him to that level, it wasn't throwing bombs.

I said this before the first fight, Conor should have extensively used his lead uppercuts to get in close and setup his left. Conor has no jab game but a vicious dashing lead uppercut. Diaz is too big and majority of his boxing game is that slick lean back to the 1-2. He would have put Diaz in a position where he couldn't roll with the left like Nate did all last fight. When he actually used it the first fight he winged it and hit Diaz with it flush then didn't follow up off it. So frustrating to watch

Stupid rear uppercuts fucked him, its like he fought Diaz like he was fighting brimage.
very fuckin nice

Not only did Nate box him up and rock him a couple of times, but he Stockton slapped the shit out of McG a few times as well, just for good measure...

DearestBestGrunion.gif
Not sure why slapping someone is supposed to be commended, it's funny, but it's far easier to land a slap than a punch, every fighter on the roster could do it if they felt like it.

How do you guys not get tired of the same arguments, posting the same shit every single fucking day?

I mean, I love this place but dayum...

I'm not a Conor fan at all and I don't agree with this. Conor can throw some hands and he's faster than i thought at closing the distance. I just don't think he can trade with Nate over a long period of time. Both guys are gonna get there licks in, Nate is just more durable. Add to the fact that he pretty much saw everything Conor had to offer on the feet. I think Nate knows exactly what's coming in the rematch. Conor can make some adjustments, but he didn't even really see Nate at his best.
So he can "throw some hands" but can't "trade with Nate"? Yet he could barely land any boxing combos and most of the damage was from single power punches.

He tired himself out with a full training camp just attempting to box.

Like i said he more looked like Chris Leben than Wonderboy.

For one thing, that wasn't a walking away punch. He stepped back and timed a beautiful counter against Aldo. Don't make it more than what it was.

Granted, Conor is faster than Nate. But he's definitely not a better boxer. Overextending your punches does not make you a better boxer. Throwing haymakers and not conserving your energy doesn't make you a better boxer.

For all i know and saw, Conor has better boxing, better footwork, combinations.. I mean it's his fucken specialty. His left hand his vicious and he ko'd Aldo with one walking away punch.

I do prefer Nate, he has the jiu jitsu, gas tank, and fast hands, but i don't know why so many people discredited Conor standing. He did some damage but fell short, against a better fighter overall.

Not sure why slapping someone is supposed to be commended, it's funny, but it's far easier to land a slap than a punch, every fighter on the roster could do it if they felt like it.

Sure buddy.

He wasn't smiling or talking so much after this one. I wonder why that is?

5gMB9Xd.gif

I mean the first 3-4 times its funny, but after about the 8-9 time after eating a couple of combo's then it becomes very effective.

I've watched him and Nick do it in many fights. It does set up other strikes.

Because Nate is a better boxer and has longer arms and fights well from distance...

Go on, ask another dumb question.

Yeah well that's because Conor did not have the gas tank. it's more about being economical than anything else. I still believe Conor has better boxing.

Boxing is more than who can wing the most punches at an opponents head.

Connor's striking may be better but not straight boxing, and he's fighting Nate who is huge and different weightclass

It's just haters doing what they do.

Conor is a better boxer, but Nate is good, and Conor has to show his boxing more respect, Conor made a few mistakes last time out but they all stemmed from over confidence, i'd like to think he will have recognized that at least to himself.

He does have better boxing than Conor. Part of boxing is defense, combos, and a proper jab. Conor doesn't have any of those things. Conor relies on a long left straight and footwork very heavily. Just because it worked doesn't mean it's fundamentally better than Nate's boxing.

Conor easily has the superior boxing. The only reason Nate caught him is because he got tired and sloppy.

Connor did well but unfortunately Nate was standing just out of range and a lot of the blows that connected weren't clean.

Connor kept throwing heavy shot and slowed down. It was a lot of work to connect with Nate. Nate was right there trading back in both rounds

Nate mental toughness, Cardio, experience and hands propelled him.

It wasn't just the boxing. The Clinch work was awesome and we don't have to speak of the ground.

Conor easily has the superior boxing. The only reason Nate caught him is because he got tired and sloppy.
Uh, Conor only gassed because Nate knocked the wind out of him. You're delusional if you believe otherwise.

Anyone that has won a fw, lw, ww fight can easily beat Connie. It's a common Sherdog fact just accept it. And then join the masses on here when jump off a bridge when Conor KTFO Nayt in a few weeks.

Back