Why are people saying that Nate outboxes Conor ?

Probably because Nate was a bloody mess
Last time .I know he didn't have a full camp
But was still a bloody mess just like always

It's just haters doing what they do.

Conor is a better boxer, but Nate is good, and Conor has to show his boxing more respect, Conor made a few mistakes last time out but they all stemmed from over confidence, i'd like to think he will have recognized that at least to himself.

Last edited:
McGregor did NOT walk away KO Aldo. You don't know what that means it seems.

Unless you meant to say "moving backwards".

OP thats because flashy movements makes your uneducated mind more impressed than tried and true foundations. Conor is a better boxer in some regards and worse in others. He's a better counter puncher and thats about it.

Yeah well that's because Conor did not have the gas tank. it's more about being economical than anything else. I still believe Conor has better boxing.
Nate has far greater technical boxing skills. Although i believe Conor is the better striker. Should be another exciting fight.

Conor overextended his shots in that fight and even though he landed quite a bit in that first round, he gassed by the 2nd. like Diaz said that's amateur shit in the boxing world.
No, getting by soley on the fact your face and chin can take an insane amount of shots is what's amateur. Diaz is mostly garbage, riding a high wave because his style is a bad matchup for Conor. The FACT is, win or lose, he go's back to middle of the pack in his division getting owned and bitching about everything under the sun.

Probably cause he hurt him on the feet. But just guessing

It helps if you watch the fights

giphy.gif

cause he slapped the shit out of him

Nate was coming in on ELEVEN DAYS' NOTICE. I cannot stress that enough. ELEVEN DAYS NOTICE.

He probably had very, very little sparring if any.

McGregor was training for a TWENTY-FIVE MINUTE TITLE FIGHT. He had plenty of sparring.

I really shouldn't have to point out the glaring comparisons here.

One guy had much, much, much more preparation time for a fight. The other guy took the first round to settle in and then defeated the more prepared guy with superior skill, heart, will, technique, anything you can think of he had more. The only thing Nate did not have more of than Conor on that fateful March night... was preparation.
Conor was also training for and expecting to have a cut to 155 and stopped that at the last minute. That is pertinent

No, getting by soley on the fact your face and chin can take an insane amount of shots is what's amateur. Diaz is mostly garbage, riding a high wave because his style is a bad matchup for Conor. The FACT is, win or lose, he go's back to middle of the pack in his division getting owned and bitching about everything under the sun.
he beat a top 5 before his fight with conor

Because Conor was just winging wild punches and no combos.

He looked like Chris Leben out there compared to Nate hitting him with nice 1-2's that rocked him.
I'm not a Conor fan at all and I don't agree with this. Conor can throw some hands and he's faster than i thought at closing the distance. I just don't think he can trade with Nate over a long period of time. Both guys are gonna get there licks in, Nate is just more durable. Add to the fact that he pretty much saw everything Conor had to offer on the feet. I think Nate knows exactly what's coming in the rematch. Conor can make some adjustments, but he didn't even really see Nate at his best.

they're both better at different things/elements of boxing.

both sides are annoying though and will look to discredit anything, really no point.

Conor had some nice moments in that fight. He landed some perfectly timed uppercuts that Nate didn't see coming, many probably would have been stunned by those, but Nate didn't even flinch.

Sure, maybe he's the better boxer for 1 round. This is a 5 round fight though, and you don't get 25 minutes of cardio in a few months of training. He needs to put Nate away early or he is going to get finished again. Nate can do 5 hard rounds and the pressure is not going to stop.

Nate has far greater technical boxing skills. Although i believe Conor is the better striker. Should be another exciting fight.
what? Nate relies of a few goto's that hes really good at. He gets away with being sloppy cause he's lanky and and can fake distance/roll with punches well. He's still a slow flat footed boxer who uses cardio and range to success.

If Conor actually gameplans for Diaz, sticks to countering and footwork, then we're gonna see the discrepancy in boxing skill. The last fight Conor just kept full power spamming lefts and rear uppercuts. The punch that rocked him was because he was gassing and went for a sloppy rear uppercut with zero setup.

Idk why his main focus was that rear uppercut, its a terrible punch to use against a taller lanky fellow southpaw who doesn't even shoot in or dip his head forward that much.

Watch Conor's old fights before he was so full of himself. He used excellent footwork, feints, combo's, speed, and precision. He fought so stupid against Diaz because he believed his own hype. That Aldo KO was the worse thing to happen to him, he forgot what actually got him to that level, it wasn't throwing bombs.

I said this before the first fight, Conor should have extensively used his lead uppercuts to get in close and setup his left. Conor has no jab game but a vicious dashing lead uppercut. Diaz is too big and majority of his boxing game is that slick lean back to the 1-2. He would have put Diaz in a position where he couldn't roll with the left like Nate did all last fight. When he actually used it the first fight he winged it and hit Diaz with it flush then didn't follow up off it. So frustrating to watch

Stupid rear uppercuts fucked him, its like he fought Diaz like he was fighting brimage.

Blowing your wad overextending on power punches and then being slapped around a couple minutes later is getting out boxed. Boxing isn't just landing power punches. Both are great boxers for MMA but DIaz was better.

Your point would be more valid if you said something like, Nates a better boxer for more than one round. While Conor's boxing is good, he needs it to last more than one round.
Or we will see a rematch ending the same as the first fight. And with a possible bonus of the scrap pack jumping on Artem.

Yeah well that's because Conor did not have the gas tank. it's more about being economical than anything else. I still believe Conor has better boxing.

How do you have a gas tank when youve BEEN training for 6 weeks+?

And nate didnt do anything?

I just dont get that excuse.

Back