Why are people saying that Nate outboxes Conor ?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
For all i know and saw, Conor has better boxing, better footwork, combinations.. I mean it's his fucken specialty. His left hand his vicious and he ko'd Aldo with one walking away punch.

I do prefer Nate, he has the jiu jitsu, gas tank, and fast hands, but i don't know why so many people discredited Conor standing. He did some damage but fell short, against a better fighter overall.

ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif

Conor overextended his shots in that fight and even though he landed quite a bit in that first round, he gassed by the 2nd. like Diaz said that's amateur shit in the boxing world.

who went to panic wrestling mode after getting rocked by a sweet 1-2 ?

Because he did last time with no training camp.

Yeah well that's because Conor did not have the gas tank. it's more about being economical than anything else. I still believe Conor has better boxing.

John Kavanaugh?

We told you to fuck off and stop posting around here.

You never know. CM Punk can knock out Jon Jones. Anything is possible!

Conor is an NCAA Div 1 wrestler too, Diaz showed us that.

Because he was able to beat him the first time, on 10 days notice.....

Nate outboxed connor that is why he went for the takedown.
Connor burnet himself out and was a sitting duck come round two, so yeah nate outboxed connor

Yeah well that's because Conor did not have the gas tank. it's more about being economical than anything else. I still believe Conor has better boxing.

lol, economical. What's he going to do beat Nate in a 25 minute decision, his cardio and pace aren't close to what Nate is capable of. Conor's only chance is an early KO and he went for it and then got rocked and choked.

"Didn't have the gas tank" is an opinion that I don't agree with anymore after watching the fight a couple times. He may have slowed down a little but to say he was completely gassed is a stretch. That man was still landing right before Nate slapped him and then hit em with that combo.

Last edited:
Not only did Nate box him up and rock him a couple of times, but he Stockton slapped the shit out of McG a few times as well, just for good measure...

DearestBestGrunion.gif

Nate was coming in on ELEVEN DAYS' NOTICE. I cannot stress that enough. ELEVEN DAYS NOTICE.

He probably had very, very little sparring if any.

McGregor was training for a TWENTY-FIVE MINUTE TITLE FIGHT. He had plenty of sparring.

I really shouldn't have to point out the glaring comparisons here.

One guy had much, much, much more preparation time for a fight. The other guy took the first round to settle in and then defeated the more prepared guy with superior skill, heart, will, technique, anything you can think of he had more. The only thing Nate did not have more of than Conor on that fateful March night... was preparation.

McGregor was prepared for a title fight. Diaz didn't even spare before hand....
Diaz is open to getting hit by the over hand left with his stance & he was hit with the left, just look at his face after the fight. I think that is why he was hand picked. No camp & prime for McGregor's best weapon. It still didn't matter. Diaz being the better boxer made adjustments on the fly and the fight didn't last that second round.

Nate was coming in on ELEVEN DAYS' NOTICE. I cannot stress that enough. ELEVEN DAYS NOTICE.

He probably had very, very little sparring if any.

McGregor was training for a TWENTY-FIVE MINUTE TITLE FIGHT. He had plenty of sparring.

I really shouldn't have to point out the glaring comparisons here.

One guy had much, much, much more preparation time for a fight. The other guy took the first round to settle in and then defeated the more prepared guy with superior skill, heart, will, technique, anything you can think of he had more. The only thing Nate did not have more of than Conor on that fateful March night... was preparation.

Nate said he could not sparr at all due to how short notice the fight was. The first sparring Nate had in weeks was round 1 of Conor vs Nate.

Because Conor was just winging wild punches and no combos.

He looked like Chris Leben out there compared to Nate hitting him with nice 1-2's that rocked him.

Back