Why are men that pop for steroids in UFC still but cyborg...

She's always irritated me because all she does is talk crap and never gets anything accomplished. She rests on her laurels and her reputation.

I've wanted her to spit, or get off the pot for a long time. Now she gets busted a second time for ped's. I don't care what she does anymore.

It's a lot worse for women to take steroids than it is for men.

The men's divisions are the "open" divisions that exist to find the best in the world.

The women's divisions are handicapped divisions that exist with the recoknization that women are inferior athletes and can't compete in the open division.

How many times has she missed weight and gotten a fight canceled?

To my knowledge, never, but that does not excuse a career of unprofessionalism and unfair advantage. From her first fight (6lbs. over) to her last fight (1.5 lb.s over).

"And cheating to fight smaller women".
I already covered that buddy.

This falls under PEDS and crying about fighting smaller women. :).

You are missing the obvious additional factor that she has to cheat to fight smaller women than her. And this also includes scale tampering, when she came in six pounds heavy to fight a blown-up 135 lbs. woman with less experience.

And being given perks no one in the UFC is given,
h wow. Two exhibition matches with two random women are some great perks. Stop the presses!

I guess people do have to cling to something.

No, also the UFC paying her salary while she fought in Invicta. And offering to pay nutritionists for her.

Your attempt to minimize the perks she has been given, her history of cheating and her history of unprofessionalism does not change anything. And I would display equal contempt to a guy who pulled this shit. Also, even after having her salary paid while she fights in another organization, and being the only person to fight in a weight class the UFC does not have, she still cries about how unfairly she is treated. And, of course, her lies about PED and diuretic use.

I dislike her for a very simple reason: she cheats, she has no respect for her opponents or the sport, and she is full of shit. FWIW, I dislike how Ronda acts and is promoted/coddled by the UFC as well.

Then, of course, she gets a division made for her and turns down title fights for it?

Last edited:
Because she has little sense, getting a division made for her, then having a belt waiting for her return yet she complains about it then pops because she couldn't think to get a tue for her treatment. That's just the last 3 weeks.

What is with the extreme vitriol towards Cyborg? People are saying her career is done. That the UFC should cut her.

What about the numerous men that have been popped? You don't see people screaming for Anderson Silva and overeem to be cut.

Why the double standard?

It's not a double standard. Steroids make women more masculine which is highly undesirable. Steroids don't make men more feminine.

To my knowledge, never, but that does not excuse a career of unprofessionalism and unfair advantage. From her first fight (6lbs. over) to her last fight (1.5 lb.s over).

You could say she screwed up the first Ronda fight because of PEDS, which would be fair game, and I agree 100%.

If the weight was an issue, her opponents, and the UFC had every opportunity to prevent it from happening. Neither seemed to care enough about it. It's seriously nitpicking. I just don't agree with it.

You are missing the obvious additional factor that she has to cheat to fight smaller women than her. And this also includes scale tampering, when she came in six pounds heavy to fight a blown-up 135 lbs. woman with less experience.

I'm not missing anything and I am very aware of what you are suggesting. It does not need to be rehashed 50 more times. It's a dead horse that is not worth arguing about in my opinion. Find someone else to argue with it about.

No, also the UFC paying her salary while she fought in Invicta. And offering to pay nutritionists for her.

Your attempt to minimize the perks she has been given, her history of cheating and her history of unprofessionalism does not change anything. And I would display equal contempt to a guy who pulled this shit. Also, even after having her salary paid while she fights in another organization, and being the only person to fight in a weight class the UFC does not have, she still cries about how unfairly she is treated. And, of course, her lies about PED and diuretic use.

The Cheating and being unprofessional are two topics you have attempted to bring up three now. Again, it's been covered. Enough already.

Am I trying to minimize her perks? No, not at all. Am I denying it? No, not at all. But what I do think is that you are over exaggerating it. In my opinion, the amount of time and resources the UFC have spent on Cyborg in comparison to other fighters with special perks is a joke.

So what exactly did they do for her? As you said, they bought out her contract in Invicta and they wanted her to fight in the UFC. Was this the first time the UFC has ever bought out a fighters contract? No, it wasn't. What's unique about the Cyborg situation is that they allowed her to fight in the UFC, while being in Invicta. The other perk being the two women she got to fight at catch weight. One of those women were already in the UFC and the other they signed they probably paid her peanuts. But why would the UFC do this, are they getting something from it and how much resources did invest in this?

My answer: I do not believe they invested much into Cyborg at this point in time. Given the fact that they are only paying her 50-60k base, and only having two fights in the UFC, one being a fight night card and on UFC 198, I think it's reasonable enough to say the perks she is receiving in return is being overemphasized. Over the years the UFC has made plenty of compromises for fighters. This is one of the smaller ones.

I dislike her for a very simple reason: she cheats, she has no respect for her opponents or the sport, and she is full of shit. FWIW, I dislike how Ronda acts and is promoted/coddled by the UFC as well.

Yes, you have made it very clear you hate her for cheating and fighting smaller women. This was covered in my very first post you quoted and you have brought it up 4 times now ( I think). And I'm honestly not even sure why you brought up Honda into this conversation. Maybe you are preemptively going on the defense. There is no need for that as I have not accused you of bashing Cyborg because you are a Ronda fan.

You could say she screwed up the first Ronda fight because of PEDS, which would be fair game, and I agree 100%.

If the weight was an issue, her opponents, and the UFC had every opportunity to prevent it from happening. Neither seemed to care enough about it. It's seriously nitpicking. I just don't agree with it.

She came in over for her first fight against Eric Paes, ffs. When I say history, I mean history. And when someone goes through an entire camp, they need the money.

I'm not missing anything and I am very aware of what you are suggesting. It does not need to be rehashed 50 more times. It's a dead horse that is not worth arguing about in my opinion. Find someone else to argue with it about.

Your way of dismissing it. Great. Still relevant.

The Cheating and being unprofessional are two topics you have attempted to bring up three now. Again, it's been covered. Enough already.

Sure, when she quits cheating. As she failed yet another drug test, and made the stupidest excuses in the world (again) she deserves all the shit she gets.

Am I trying to minimize her perks? No, not at all. Am I denying it? No, not at all. But what I do think is that you are over exaggerating it. In my opinion, the amount of time and resources the UFC have spent on Cyborg in comparison to other fighters with special perks is a joke.

You know this because you have access to the UFC financial statements, right?

So what exactly did they do for her? As you said, they bought out her contract in Invicta and they wanted her to fight in the UFC. Was this the first time the UFC has ever bought out a fighters contract? No, it wasn't. What's unique about the Cyborg situation is that they allowed her to fight in the UFC, while being in Invicta. The other perk being the two women she got to fight at catch weight. One of those women were already in the UFC and the other they signed they probably paid her peanuts. But why would the UFC do this, are they getting something from it and how much resources did invest in this?

My answer: I do not believe they invested much into Cyborg at this point in time. Given the fact that they are only paying her 50-60k base, and only having two fights in the UFC, one being a fight night card and on UFC 198, I think it's reasonable enough to say the perks she is receiving in return is being overemphasized. Over the years the UFC has made plenty of compromises for fighters. This is one of the smaller ones.

You have no real idea how much money was invested, so stop claiming knowledge you cannot possibly possess.

Yes, you have made it very clear you hate her for cheating and fighting smaller women. This was covered in my very first post you quoted and you have brought it up 4 times now ( I think). And I'm honestly not even sure why you brought up Honda into this conversation. Maybe you are preemptively going on the defense. There is no need for that as I have not accused you of bashing Cyborg because you are a Ronda fan.

No, I have not made it clear I hate her. I do not hate her.

And your dismissing relevant facts in no way makes them less relevant. And your failure to address things like her hypocrisy is noted. Along with scale tampering. You stated there were only two factors, and you were clearly wrong.

Good day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back