Why are 90% of Shertards always bashing Holm and being so blind to her skill set?

Holm is definitely skilled especially while the fight is on the feet. I haven't seen her in much of any ground or grappling battles against strong opponents. She has been too tentative and needs one more fight before fighting Ronda in my opinion. Having said that, who else is there to fight Ronda until they line up one last chance for Miesha?

I think people soured on Holm after her last two fights. I thought she looked a bit tentative, but she looked like a lady practicing fighting at range, which is sort of the idea against Rousey. I'm not even sure if she got hit in her last fight.

She did but it was nothing significant. She out landed her opponent by a margin of 3x every round. It was pretty dominant

I'm not sure what's so hard to comprehend. Her performance in the UFC so far has been fairly lackluster, especially relative to expectations. She has no top 10 wins and went to a split decision against Raquel Pennington.

She's dangerous because she's 1 shot from ending a fight, but the reality is she likely won't pose much of a threat. It would be nice to see her make a fight out of it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think people soured on Holm after her last two fights. I thought she looked a bit tentative, but she looked like a lady practicing fighting at range, which is sort of the idea against Rousey. I'm not even sure if she got hit in her last fight.

no disrespect to Reneau but Ronda isnt a 38 year old PE teacher. it looked like Holm was just sparring with her.

i still dont see how Holm is going to keep Ronda off of her with pitter patter punches. shes taller than Ronda i think, so unless she has stellar TDD, shes going to get tossed at some point.

that is...unless Ronda is somehow unable to secure clinches that Raquel P did (which sounds insane to me).

She did but it was nothing significant. She out landed her opponent by a margin of 3x every round. It was pretty dominant

dominant and yet neither Pennington, nor Reneau looked to ever be in danger of getting finished. that wont work against Ronda.

i dont understand how Sherdog is actually having me defend Ronda now, of all people.

She was gifted a 5-4 fighter in her debut and still went to a split decision.

I'm with you TS. I don't get the Holm hate. I mean, this gif combined with the imminently laughable pre and post-fight trash talk, invites ridicule:

VelvetyBelatedBellsnake.gif

But Holm is another story. She has an elite boxing background and while she hasn't looked particularly exciting in the UFC, her athleticism, gameplanning and coaching support are top shelf.

I'm not a fan, but she's earned the right to trashtalk if she wanted to and it wouldn't be ridiculous.

I'm not sure what's so hard to comprehend. Her performance in the UFC so far has been fairly lackluster, especially relative to expectations. She has no top 10 wins and went to a split decision against Raquel Pennington.

She's dangerous because she's 1 shot from ending a fight, but the reality is she likely won't pose much of a threat. It would be nice to see her make a fight out of it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

She's not 1 shot from ending a fight. She doesn't have a lot of power and has never finished anyone notable.

I'm going to put $10 on Holm. Initially I thought Holm had no chance, but man...she has good TDD and she is pretty solid with her stand-up. Ronda may have to time the kick and catch it.

I think this will be a decent fight. Even if Ronda trounces Holm, it will atleast be something new and not the same person getting trounced. Don't get me wrong, I like Miesha, but let's give Holm a chance.

I think Ronda is the real deal so, for that reason I'm not betting more than $10 :)

Holm's entrance is the most awkward I've seen in recent memory. The music, her weird skipping, the freckles... man, it hurts to watch.

I'm sorry, what was the question?

Holm is definitely skilled especially while the fight is on the feet. I haven't seen her in much of any ground or grappling battles against strong opponents. She has been too tentative and needs one more fight before fighting Ronda in my opinion. Having said that, who else is there to fight Ronda until they line up one last chance for Miesha?

Of course she is fucking skilled on the feet, she was one of the top 2 female boxers in the world. With 33 wins.

Tentative? She dominated her last fight without even trying.

In so I can necro this thread after Rousey crushes her. Holm is a great kick boxer, and is a strong athletic woman, but so what? Rousey's strengths are Holm's areas of relative inexperience, and Rousey has made experienced women look inexperienced. I like Holm getting the fight over Tate, but let's not pretend like she is ready to be competitive with Rousey.

She's not 1 shot from ending a fight. She doesn't have a lot of power and has never finished anyone notable.
You're suggesting she can't finish Ronda with a well-placed head kick, which is inaccurate. I think Ronda will win convincingly, but I'm not going to be ignorant to Holm's skills.

She fucking dominated her last fight.

And she is not one shot from ending a fight look at her boxing career. She is a technique fighter who has showed that superior standup technique in both her amazing boxing career and MMA.

Could you be any more uneducated on the topic? Just keep spouting whatever bullshit you want though.

She's not that good, son. I had hope for her too but the way she's looked in the UFC? Weak.

Hishhhhh!!!!

Seriously her fights turn hilarious with the noises she makes

Is it because:

a) They hate Ronda and her hype so much, that whenever they think her opponent "has a zero chance" they release their frustration also towards that opponent who has done nothing to deserve that hate.

b) Their average IQ is so low they think not having X amount of ranked wins/being unproven = bad fighter.

c) They havent really payed any attention at all to Holm`s skill set, so they are just crying in chorus how she is going to lose in 30 seconds despite everything in Holm`s and Jackson/Winkeljohn`s approach to a fight game indicates otherwise. They also havent noticed how strong and athletic she is, how good defensive wrestling she has etc.

d) All above?

Holm hasn't faced a decent TD grappler in her MMA career. When she does, she will be exposed... and from the UFC's perspective, it might as well be Ronda to expose that instead of someone else.

Holm has less than 5% chance to win, whereas Tate would be around 15% so the UFC minimized their risk with millions of dollars on the line.

You're suggesting she can't finish Ronda with a well-placed head kick, which is inaccurate. I think Ronda will win convincingly, but I'm not going to be ignorant to Holm's skills.

ANYONE could be one head kick away from winning a fight, it doesn't mean it's likely to happen. If she does try to kick she will be on her back and armbarred even faster.

She wasn't a KO machine even in boxing and the girls she head kicked KOED in MMA were not good fighters.

Ronda will finish Holm in under two minutes.

That is what Rogan has been preaching on his podcasts.

I think the first few rounds should be interesting if Holly fights smart. But Ronda will take her to the ground in 5 rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back