Why are 90% of Shertards always bashing Holm and being so blind to her skill set?

She hasn't lived up to the hype. She's a point fighter. Rhonda is gonna put her on the ground and it will be over.

Really this fight is more of an unknown since we haven't seen much of her against top WMMA opponents.

I can see that she is a skilled striker, but she has not shown the ability or power (at least not at this time in her career) to KO other top fighters. I can see she has some TD defense, and is not easy to take down; however, she has again not faced someone that can get TD's like Ronda.

If she were a knockout striker, and had been knocking people out in the UFC, I would be more optimistic. I'm sure she could beat Ronda in a boxing/kickboxing match, but this is neither, and she may need to get a KO to win so that she doesn't have to spend too much time with Ronda on the ground, if any (which is another place we don't know much about her in- how well can she defend subs?).

Can she avoid the TD enough to win by decision? Not impossible, but I would say there is a good reason Ronda is a solid favorite.

Why do shertards look at her boxing record and ooh and ahhh instead of looking at how unimpressive she's looked in the UFC?

She's a good boxer for the division.

But she was also fairly protected in her boxing career.

This is literally the most idiotic group of MMA jackasses ever seen. You literally have no idea who Holm really is or what she has accomplished in fight sports.

And yet you talk out of your ass without hesitation.

She was one of the top 2 boxers in the world, with 33 wins. I would wager anything that 99% of the idiots in this thread have never seen a single round of her boxing.

I could again go on and on but the retards who keep posting nonsense in this thread will overrun anything I say.

Please I would love to know what makes Holm worse then anyone who Ronda has already beat and what about her last fight you didnt like?

Because Dana told you she was going to KO everyone with her striking? You guys are so fucking stupid that you think he says things based in reality.

She has the best striking technique of any WMMA fighter in history. She has shown that in every fight. What more do you want you idiots?

What you don't mention is she only had 9TKO's in her boxing career. This shows she didn't have any punching power even then. In MMA Holm still has no KO punching power but she does have power in her kicks. The problem is if she throws a kick and Rousey catches it she'll be on her ass and Rousey will finish the fight in the blink of an eye. So without any KO punching power she has no chance at preventing Rousey from charging in and either KOing her or submitting her within the first 2 minutes.

Holm is ok, her skill set makes her a mega underdog to ronda. Simple as that.

She's a good boxer for the division.

But she was also fairly protected in her boxing career.

She wasnt protected at all. She fought at the Route 66 because she was the biggest draw in NM during her career and other woman came to fight her because it meant bigger money.

By your logic Ronda is protected because her division is thin. Shit by your logic Ronda is the most protected woman in fight sports because she gets to fight woman with 3 years of training and no major wins. At least Holm fought the best in her division for years and beat woman with much more experience than her.

Holm fought Mathis twice and beat her the second time. If she wasnt protected she wouldnt have taken that fight ever and just kept beating up woman in NM. But she did take the fight and lost but guess what she took the fight again and avenged that loss.

How about her fights with Mary Joe Sanders. Yep pretty protected.

Mia St John... the list goes on. She fought the best in her division multiple times.

She won so she was protected is basically your shitty logic, or you have no fucking idea what you are talking about. Your choice.

Last edited:
What you don't mention is she only had 9TKO's in her boxing career. This shows she didn't have any punching power even then. In MMA Holm still has no KO punching power but she does have power in her kicks. The problem is if she throws a kick and Rousey catches it she'll be on her ass and Rousey will finish the fight in the blink of an eye. So without any KO punching power she has no chance at preventing Rousey from charging in and either KOing her or submitting her within the first 2 minutes.

Except her beating the woman she did in boxing shoes she has fantastic skill and technique. I have mentioned multiple times she is technique over power. Do you think Jackson isnt going to have her ready?

She is the best striker in the womans division with the best striking technique in the womans division.

If she loses she loses but the idiots in this thread who have never even seen her fight are just laughable.

I probably haven't been paying that much attention to posts about Holm but I have seen a bunch of people saying that shes not ready for this fight, which I totally agree with

She wasnt protected at all. She fought at the Route 66 because she was the biggest draw in NM during her career and other woman came to fight her because it meant bigger money.

By your logic Ronda is protected because the her division is thin.

Holm fought Mathis twice and beat her the second time. If she wasnt protected she wouldnt have taken that fight ever and just kept beating up woman in NM. But she did take the fight and lost but guess what she took the fight again and avenged that loss.

She won she was protected is basically your shitty logic.

I'm just reporting what I've heard pretty much everyone I know in the boxing community say. And yes, much of it had to do with her constant fighting in NM. Other female boxers of name, like Laila Ali, got around quite a bit.

So, no, her winning isn't what I based my comment on. She was a hometown favourite in small shows, with a reputation amongst trainers for having a fairly protected career. No doubt she has some good wins. But it's a valid point.

And again, those fights you mentioned were in NM. There's nothing wrong fighting in a place frequently. There is something fishy about having over 90% of your fights in the same state (Every fight she had except for 2 of em were in New Mexico).

Fun fact: Holm hasn't won a SINGLE fight outside of New Mexico.

so Holm was impressive in her two UFC fights in your opinion?[/QUOTE]

I agree she wasn't stellar...her skill set is real and she has the size to keep Ronda away with her jab and push kick. I still think Ronda wins, I just see Holly as having real striking talent.

By your logic Ronda is protected because the her division is thin.

Mia St John... the list goes on. She fought the best in her division multiple times.

She won she was protected is basically your shitty logic.

umm...she fought two women in her last ten fights in boxing that had MORE LOSSES THAN WINS. she fought 11-13 Terri Blair and then fought 3-7 Victoria Cisneros 3 months later??? then rematched Cisneros a few fights later?

http://boxrec.com/boxer/117628

That would be like GSP ending his career fighting cans in 3 of his last ten fights. explain that one away...

I'm just reporting what I've heard pretty much everyone I know in the boxing community say. And yes, much of it had to do with her constant fighting in NM. Other female boxers of name, like Laila Ali, got around quite a bit.

So, no, her winning isn't what I based my comment on. She was a hometown favourite in small shows, with a reputation amongst trainers for having a fairly protected career. No doubt she has some good wins. But it's a valid point.

And again, those fights you mentioned were in NM. There's nothing wrong fighting in a place frequently. There is something fishy about having over 90% of your fights in the same state.

Fun fact: Holm hasn't won a SINGLE fight outside of New Mexico.

Please tell me who in the boxing community is telling you that she was protected in her fights with the 3 best woman in the world at the time?

She fought in NM because womans boxing doesnt draw but guess what she drew in NM. How hard is it to undrestand that they held the fights there because people showed up and they could make more money. The other woman knew this and went.

Go look up her crowds compared to others and get back to me.

You are either making up these boxing folks you talked to or they have no idea what they are even talking about because the business she did for womans boxing at the 66 was amazing.

Oh and she never lost a fight outside of NM so....

umm...she fought two women in her last ten fights in boxing that had MORE LOSSES THAN WINS. she fought 11-13 Terri Blair and then fought 3-7 Victoria Cisneros 3 months later??? then rematched Cisneros a few fights later?

http://boxrec.com/boxer/117628

That would be like GSP ending his career fighting cans in 3 of his last ten fights. explain that one away...

And she fought 7 woman in her last 10 with amazing records. One of them was the other top woman in the world who she fought twice.

Well on your horrible GSP point, I would guess the womans WW division is a little thinner than GSP's but ya your analysis is amazing.

Her last 4 were against top woman and she fought the other top woman in the world throughout her career.

What is your shitty point again?

Please tell me who in the boxing community is telling you that she was protected in her fights with the 3 best woman in the world at the time?

She fought in NM because womans boxing doesnt draw but guess what she drew in NM. How hard is it to undrestand that they held the fights there because people showed up and they could make more money. The other woman knew this and went.

You are either making up these boxing folks you talked to or they have no idea what they are even talking about because the business she did for womans boxing at the 66 was amazing.

Well, not to interject but Angelo Reyes (worked with Freddie Roach) is one example that says that Holly Holm was protected during various parts of her career. (Starts at 55:00 or so)

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/stream...-reyes-ana-julaton-john-morgan-richard-hunter

He also says that Holm is very good, just a tad over rated and her record may be a bit inflated given some of the records of her opposition and some of their ages when the fights happened.

Also, we need to keep in mind that he's currently coaching Julaton as well, so take it with a grain of salt as he uses the opportunity to hype up Julaton's credentials as well.

She hasnt looked good in UFC.

She didn't look good in her first fight against Pennington but her striking and footwork looked quite good against Reneau. She had a lot of variety in her strikes and combinations, changed levels and angles (more so in rds 2 and 3), had quick feet and circling to stay out of trouble, and displayed some strength the two times that Reneau tried to jump guard.

That said, Reneau isn't exactly a take down machine so you can only draw so much from that fight. Throwing as many kicks as she did against Reneau isn't something you would want to do against Rousey.

So, you're telling me she is a big enough star to attract other boxers to NM of all places, but she is unable to fight in any other city because she wouldn't draw a crowd out there?

I call BS. Like I said before, Laila Ali, another one of star women boxer, fought all over the place.

The woman has 23 decisions to her name. All of which happened in NM. If you can't believe that is suspicious, then that's just blindness. Find one other name fighter who has fought their entire career in one state, please.

And, like another poster pointed out a second ago, she was beating up fighters with losing records right until the end of her career. She fought some good boxers, sure. And she decision'd them. In New Mexico.

So, based on her record, we know:

1. She never won a fight outside of New Mexico.

2. All but two of her fights are in New Mexico, most of the time in local shows.

3. She fought plenty of fighters who had losing records.

Those are all signs of a protected fighter. Add in the fact that she's got those exact rumours flying around about her career, and it's not hard to see why it is probably likely.

You can deny it all you want, but it doesn't change the facts. Your evidence is no more convincing than mine. At least mine looks at the reality of a fighter who won most of her decisions in the exact same building.

It's funny to see all the people say she doesn't have power in her hands. Truth is.. in mma people can be finished by other means as well!

Holly finished about 25% of her boxing fights with her hands and she has three finishes from hand strikes alone. The thing about Holly is that she uses her hands to throw combinations which open up the kicks. So while she may only KO a few people with her hands, she has a lot bigger opportunity to finish them with some type of kick as well. Either way, she's finished 67% of her MMA fights with strikes.

I doubt Tate has a 15% of beating Ronda. 5% is probably overestimating Holm's chances too.

Maybe more accurately Tate is at 5% and Holm is at like 2%... still the point stands about the UFC wanting to minimize the risk that she losses.

Two fights against back to back challengers with no legit top 10 wins... Cyborg (who now is campaigning for a fight at 135), Tate, and Nunes were all better options.

Back