Why are 90% of Shertards always bashing Holm and being so blind to her skill set?

She fucking dominated her last fight.

And she is not one shot from ending a fight look at her boxing career. She is a technique fighter who has showed that superior standup technique in both her amazing boxing career and MMA.

Could you be any more uneducated on the topic? Just keep spouting whatever bullshit you want though.

Her MMA boxing is miles behind Amanda Nunez

This is literally the most idiotic group of MMA jackasses ever seen. You literally have no idea who Holm really is or what she has accomplished in fight sports.

And yet you talk out of your ass without hesitation.

She was one of the top 2 boxers in the world, with 33 wins. I would wager anything that 99% of the idiots in this thread have never seen a single round of her boxing.

I could again go on and on but the retards who keep posting nonsense in this thread will overrun anything I say.

Please I would love to know what makes Holm worse then anyone who Ronda has already beat and what about her last fight you didnt like?

Because Dana told you she was going to KO everyone with her striking? You guys are so fucking stupid that you think he says things based in reality.

She has the best striking technique of any WMMA fighter in history. She has shown that in every fight. What more do you want you idiots?

Holm hasn't faced a decent TD grappler in her MMA career. When she does, she will be exposed... and from the UFC's perspective, it might as well be Ronda to expose that instead of someone else.

Holm has less than 5% chance to win, whereas Tate would be around 15% so the UFC minimized their risk with millions of dollars on the line.

I doubt Tate has a 15% of beating Ronda. 5% is probably overestimating Holm's chances too.

So you agree she has no chance then?

This is literally the most idiotic group of MMA jackasses ever seen. You literally have no idea who Holm really is or what she has accomplished in fight sports.

And yet you talk out of your ass without hesitation.

She was one of the top 2 boxers in the world, with 33 wins. I would wager anything that 99% of the idiots in this thread have never seen a single round of her boxing.

I could again go on and on but the retards who keep posting nonsense in this thread will overrun anything I say.

Please I would love to know what makes Holm worse then anyone who Ronda has already beat and what about her last fight you didnt like?

Because Dana told you she was going to KO everyone with her striking? You guys are so fucking stupid that you think he says things based in reality.

She has the best striking technique of any WMMA fighter in history. She has shown that in every fight. What more do you want you idiots?

Reem was a world kickboxing champion and got knocked the fuck out by Bigfoot Silva and Travis Browne. Credentials don't always translate.

She will be destroyed in less than two minutes and I will bump this thread when it happens.

Her MMA boxing is miles behind Amanda Nunez

why because she doesnt rush forward wining shots? I pray to got you are trolling but in this thread its hard to tell because clearly no one actually watches mma and just read sherdog or what dana tweets.

You can't blame 'em, she hasn't looked great in her octagon performances which has led a lot of people undervaluing the skill set she brings to a fight with Rousey. I think this could be Ronda's toughest fight to date.

Reem was a world kickboxing champion and got knocked the fuck out by Bigfoot Silva and Travis Browne. Credentials don't always translate.

She will be destroyed in less than two minutes and I will bump this thread when it happens.

Please do champ. Reem had also fought MMA before and we knew his weaknesses, like being able to take any drug he wanted in K1.....

You can try all you want to portray some fantasy but you know, that I know, that you dont actually know what you are talking about.

this is one of the most anti-wmma places on the interwebs...

the irony

yet the biggest mma star is a woman right now

that's what makes this such an enjoyable place to post

the best thing about ronda rousey is that we get to post about female fighters in the ufc discussion forum

Mostly A and C. Not necessarily B. People don't need to be stupid to hold stupid positions - some are just angry beta males.

Holly definitely has skill. Will it be enough for Ronda? I personally have no clue. The first 15-30 secs will be telling. Chances are she won't have enough to overcome what Ronda is good at, but I hold out hope for a competitive fight. I'm able to separate WMMA for what it is meant to be and find it respectable for that reason.

Q:Why are 90% of Shertards always bashing Holm and being so blind to her skill set?

A: Because we can judge talent. Watching her fight in the UFC shows she is not even CLOSE to Honda's level and will likely not make it 15 seconds.

I hate Ronda FWIW.

bro people arent blind to her skillset at all, but she isnt knocking everyone out, while ronda seems to be the matt hughes of the womens BW division. Ronda still isnt anywhere near well rounded still, its just that the rest of the division is full of TOTALLY incomplete fighters that are all at most 2 dimensional. I hate to say it because my right nut has an appointment with ronda rouseys mouth in my opinion.. but she is going to hip toss holly like a bag of potatoes, then give her brock lesnar esque donkey kong hammer fists to her head and the ref will dramatically step in like shes about to kill the girl.

I've only seen one of Holm's fights, but in that fight she was taken down easily by a mediocre fighter. I don't care how good of a boxer she is, she will not be able to stay on her feet. She will get destroyed.

its not like ronda is facing fuckin like demian maia or something.. its holly holm, the kickboxer with 0 submission victories and im guessing just as many takedowns

Of course she is fucking skilled on the feet, she was one of the top 2 female boxers in the world. With 33 wins.

Tentative? She dominated her last fight without even trying.

She fucking dominated her last fight.

And she is not one shot from ending a fight look at her boxing career. She is a technique fighter who has showed that superior standup technique in both her amazing boxing career and MMA.

Could you be any more uneducated on the topic? Just keep spouting whatever bullshit you want though.

dominating and yet Reneau was never in danger of being stopped...not gonna work against Ronda. she let Raquel Pennington clinch her 4x and land the same amount of strikes. Raquel Pennington is also not Ronda.

Joanna J is a more effective striker in the UFC than what Holm has shown in her UFC fights. on top of that, JJ has killer instinct...something Holm hasnt shown at all. Ronda looks decently durable so Holm's point fighting punches and occasional head kick/side kick will not be enough.

if Pennington can grab Holm multiple times, Ronda surely will (and dump her).

Holm has much of the right skill set to beat Rousey in that she has a lifetime of boxing footwork and boxing at range. She also has reach and is a pretty big and strong woman relative to the weight class.

However, the #1 problem that Holm has is she lacks power in her hands. She's not known for having an especially damaging jab or punch and leg kicks are extraordinarily risky against a grappler like Rousey.

In my view if you want to keep Rousey on the outside you'll not only need the footwork and technique, but you'll need to generate sufficient power to hurt Rousey enough that she's not going to just ignore your strikes and close for the clinch. Without that power, it's a losing battle.

Sure, I can see Holm evading Rousey on the outside for some period of time, but winning a decision on points for 3 rounds is a completely different animal than winning a decision on points for 5 rounds. 25 minutes is a really, Really long time to evade the clinch with Rousey. And the problem with Holm is that it only takes ONE clinch for Rousey to effectively end the fight.

Some people have been yammering about Holm not being ready... the problem is that Holm will NEVER be ready. No amount of time in the gym will turn a boxer into a good enough grappler to stop a life long Olympic Judoka from tossing them on their head. If Holm had a strong wrestling or Judo base that would be one thing, but coming from Boxing and ZERO grappling it's just NOT enough time. Holm would be in her 40's by the time she had even close to the level of skill necessary to stop Rousey from putting her on the ground and submitting her.

Essentially Holm's best chance at a win is a KO from a head kick. And the odds of landing that kind of head kick without it getting caught/avoided and Holm ending up on her back is pretty darn slim.

Holm's particular skill set is very good in some areas but grossly lacking in terms of grappling. Without the ability to close the skill gap in terms of defending the take down, then her only real path to victory barring a lucky kick to the head is pretty much trying to jab/dance for 25 minutes. And I just don't see that happening unless she develops significantly more punching power.

Holm is just facing a really bad match up in Rousey. She'd honestly have a much better chance if the champion was more of a striker ala JoJed or Chuck Liddell than against a grappling heavy champion like Rousey.

Her skill set is not that impressive. She has nothing for Ronda IMO.

Her boxing hasn't translated, least not yet. She had issues with Raquel Pennington, that's a bad look

Back