Whose a better mma wrestler?

I'm gonna go with GSP because he has shown better control while in top position. This may be due to the fact that Cain is more active with strikes, but that's what I'm going on.

GSP and not really close IMO. He's made All Americans look foolish and he never wrestled a day in his life as an amateur. Plus, I thought Cain's takedowns looked like shit before the punch and GSP's may be the best in the business.

I like Cain an root against GSP in almost every fight, but it's GSP. Remember the question is MMA wrestler

gsp. some of those takedowns cain were doing in the first round of the second jds fight had me scratching my head

Gsp but cains a great wrestler on the mat and in the octagon.

LOL @ all the blind nuthuggers in this thread saying Cain.

GSP has out-wrestled more elite wrestlers than Cain in MMA.

It's not even close.

Also, Cain's takedowns looked like absolute shit against JDS. He couldn't even use his wrestling effectively until JDS was rocked.

I am not a GSP fan (not a hater either; sorta neutral), but imho GSP has the superior wrestling (and I think the best MMA wrestler of all time by a pretty decent margin.) Fighters cannot stop GSP from taking them down. It seems like he has very few failed takedown attempts and once he is on top he seems to stay on top. In addition, GSP does not get taken down (ttd). Unfortunately, I do find GSP boring, but that is another topic.

GSP by takedown % and stay on top % and tdd. It may not be a fair comparison though, because GSP outweighs and is able to outmuscle opponents. Cain has to take down bigger guys (both bigger and bigger relative to his own weight.)

Last edited:
GSP and it's not even close.

Also, it's who's, not whose. You're welcome

GSP. He's used his wrestling in MMA a good deal more than Cain, has faced several wrestlers with high-level wrestling credentials while Cain hasn't (Brock, really) and beat them all.

GSP can pretty much out-gun his division and Cain can out-pace his division, both guys do this with wrestling but how do you qualify the two? Vague question to ask imo

They're my 2 fave fighters, along with Machida.

My vote is GSP

Back