Whose a better mma wrestler?

GSP's MMA wrestling IQ>>> Cain's MMA wrestling IQ. And that's not to discredit Cain, it's just MMA experience

GSP by far...he has proven it over and over again in every fight...he'll prove it again by outgrarpling Hendricks like he did another Division I wrestler in Koscheck.

Would the mods allow someone called whitepride? Would you feel bad about it if they didn't?

No, but they would allow American Pride. Brown Pride is equivalent to Mexican Pride. It has absolutely nothing to do with Race. Feel free to go look at the 2010 census - let me know if you see "Brown" listed anywhere. Brown isn't a race and isn't synonymous with anything related to race. When will this ignorance end?

No, but they would allow American Pride. Brown Pride is equivalent to Mexican Pride. It has absolutely nothing to do with Race. Feel free to go look at the 2010 census - let me know if you see "Brown" listed anywhere. Brown isn't a race and isn't synonymous with anything related to race. When will this ignorance end?

so American is a fucking color?

GSP. Look at what he did to Jon Fitch and Matt Hughes (both elite wrestlers).

Jon is a good MMA wrestler but was nothing more than average in collegiate.

GSP was greased both times he beat Hughes. These are documented and open facts.

Brock Lesnar owns Hughes in collegiate wrestling credentials.

Not saying one is better but the argument you used was terrible.

GSP by landslide at this time. When you've beaten as many top wrestlers as he has its not a question. Cain may be able to prove us wrong in time, but until the when it comes down to MMA wrestling GSP is king now.

This. GSP has dominated elite wrestlers. The only high level wrestler Cain beat was Brock (who was LONG removed from any competitive wrestling, and had no striking to set up his wrestling) -- and Brock actually took cain down twice if I'm not mistaken. Cain's takedown attempts against JDS were absolutely ragged and sloppy, flailing at his feet like an amateur. However, I do believe that Cain's wrestling will get much much better as his striking improves and he gets more comfortable in the Octagon. He's still pretty new to the sport.

GSP. hes outwrestled and beat way more D1 wrestlers than cain has in the octagon.
cain is still one of the best wrestlers in the UFC and probably the best in the division

Cain, GSP just has takedowns. Cain uses effective ground work from wrestling in mma. GSP uses a BJJ style when he is on the ground, which isn't bad, but Cain is the better mma wrestler.

I am not a GSP fan (not a hater either; sorta neutral), but imho GSP has the superior wrestling (and I think the best MMA wrestler of all time by a pretty decent margin.) Fighters cannot stop GSP from taking them down. It seems like he has very few failed takedown attempts and once he is on top he seems to stay on top. In addition, GSP does not get taken down (ttd). Unfortunately, I do find GSP boring, but that is another topic.

GSP by takedown % and stay on top % and tdd. It may not be a fair comparison though, because GSP outweighs and is able to outmuscle opponents. Cain has to take down bigger guys (both bigger and bigger relative to his own weight.)

SO GSP is better then Dan Severn.

I dont even think GSP is better then Jones or Cormier but somehow he is the best ever. wow.

Cain is a very good Wreslter, I would put him ahead of GSP in pure wrestling. In terms of MMA its possible that its GSP.

But GSP is far from the best wrestler in MMA, I think GSP's athelticism really makes up for some of the fundamentals GSP may not have over more established wrestlers like Cain.

SO GSP is better then Dan Severn.

I dont even think GSP is better then Jones or Cormier but somehow he is the best ever. wow.

Cain is a very good Wreslter, I would put him ahead of GSP in pure wrestling. In terms of MMA its possible that its GSP.

But GSP is far from the best wrestler in MMA, I think GSP's athelticism really makes up for some of the fundamentals GSP may not have over more established wrestlers like Cain.

The topic is who has the most effective wrestling in MMA. Based on pure effectiveness of wrestling in MMA, many people think GSP is the best ever (again based on takedown %, tdd %, and top control), not just me.

In a pure wrestling tournament, that is a different story (and not the topic of this thread.)

GSP by a long shot because he sets everything up with strikes and timing

Back