Who's the highest level guy you've rolled with?

i think Teddy's afraid of getting hurt. which is legit. probably doesn't want to bother. you've gotta love humble pie to come down off an ivory tower that high and start grinding away at a new sport.

Teddy, like the rest of France/French Judo, despises MMA as well.

If Teddy Riner decided to give up Judo and concentrate on MMA, he'd be UFC HW champ in two years at most. He's as athletic as Jon Jones in a division that's even less athletic than LHW, and he's much, much bigger than any of the current top guys (6'8" 289 lbs). It would basically be like Lebron James coming to MMA from an elite combat sports background.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to this conclusion. Actual fighting has some quality intrinsic to it that I would say is not possible to teach, a "spin" if you will

Definetely Rodolfo. Rolled with him for 6 minutes when I went to visit GFTeam HQ.
The pressure that he puts on you is unbelievable. First 3 taps was he playing his pass-smashing guard and then choking me out from mount, then he started berimboloing my ass, and at the end he let me tap him while the whole class was cherrying :icon_lol:

It was awesome and Rodolfo is a really cool dude.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to this conclusion. Actual fighting has some quality intrinsic to it that I would say is not possible to teach, a "spin" if you will

Sure, he might just hate getting punched or have no killer instinct. But he is the Judo equivalent of Alexander Karelin, only bigger. I do think he'd have to get to UFC top 10 if not top 5 guys before he'd not be able to destroy them with Judo and athleticism alone. Look at what Brock did to the HW division...Riner is younger, a better grappler, and bigger than Brock. Scary thought.

JT Torres. Felt like he was taking it easy on me, as there wasn't a ton of pressure, but I still got wrecked. Rolled with Ryan Hall a few times back in 2012ish. Did not feel like he was taking it easy, fun rolls though. Both of my current instructors, one of whom has beaten some very high-level guys in competition, destroy me on a similar level.

My grappling dummy. And it's a high level white belt.. never gets tired, never taps. Sorry, you had to ask.

see I disagrere with a guy with Glovers ability doing moves like that are they legit Catch wrestling type things yeah I guess. but I wouldn't want Cyborg Abreau putting me in the crippler cross face just because he could do it.

I wasn't saying they weren't legit. They were bad ass. When I said "besides what you'd expect him to get taps with" I mean he's mostly known for rear nakeds, triangles, darces, guillotines, kneebars, heel hooks. I never saw him do Catch style submissions before and he wasn't just joking around. It was clear he drilled them and was real familiar. He had pretty intricate set ups for them. He also had a sweet choke called the "7 year old" that hasn't caught on yet. He said a 7 year old kid did it to him after class and it ended up being legit.

I rolled with Marcelo Garcia once. ive never felt so helpless and hopeless in my life rolling with anyone. i couldnt have been any happier that day. i think the grin on my face matched his when i thanked him for letting me train at his place that day.

I rolled with Marcelo Garcia once. ive never felt so helpless and hopeless in my life rolling with anyone. i couldnt have been any happier that day. i think the grin on my face matched his when i thanked him for letting me train at his place that day.

I've been lucky to roll with a lot of people, but he's the one guy at the top of my list that I've never had the pleasure of rolling with.

Anyone know if his knee is solid enough now to roll with visitors?

so it's pretty much true he rolls with all the drop ins?

Between competing and training, have a pretty decent list : Werdum, assis, gui Mendes, giva Santana, Mario sperry, Sergio Penha, Ralph Gracie, Clark Gracie, Jeff Monson, Rafael Lovato Jr.

Between competing and training, have a pretty decent list : Werdum, assis, gui Mendes, giva Santana, Mario sperry, Sergio Penha, Ralph Gracie, Clark Gracie, Jeff Monson, Rafael Lovato Jr.

You competed against some of those guys? Hespect.

Ive rolled with a few high level blackbelts , the one who crushed me the worst is my coach Clem Shields

or wrestled, or Judo'ed? were you completely destroyed or did you do okay?

The Best overall grappler I've ever rolled with was Mark Munoz and I completely tooled his ass:cool:. seriously I got twerked/ destroyed.:wink:

4 Olympic gold medalists a couple of silver medalists and a huge number of NCAA champions in wrestling.

1 Olympic silver medalist in Judo and a lot of national champions.

damn spoon you been around man I see you didt put danthewolfman on that list. anyway what was rolling with Werdum like?

4 Olympic gold medalists a couple of silver medalists and a huge number of NCAA champions in wrestling.

1 Olympic silver medalist in Judo and a lot of national champions.

What weight did you compete at? if its near 180 did you ever wrestle Cael Sanderson?

I rolled with Marcelo at a seminar as a blue belt, but it was only for two minutes, as he was rolling with the entire room. He just kind of dicked around so I didn't get the full experience.

Of all the high level fighters I've trained with, which I'm fortunate to say there are a lot, Lucas Lepri felt the most supernatural.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back