• Shawn Kemp

• Desmond Mason

• Harold Miner

• Larry Nance

• Jason Richardson

• Dominque Wilkins

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Everyone shits on FT line dunks like they're no big deal but I've yet to see one where the dunker's toes are actually behind the line.

Everyone steps on the line. I'll be more impressed by seeing a true behind the line dunk than windmills or other shit.
I've seen one with James White where he took off about a full two feet behind the line. He was going for distance rather than two hands or between-the-legs windmills like he has with these more traditional "free throw line" dunks.

I've posted this many times before, but this is one of the greatest ESPN features ever written:
Truehoop: James White vs. a Jumping Myth

I've seen one with James White where he took off about a full two feet behind the line. He was going for distance rather than two hands or between-the-legs windmills like he has with these more traditional "free throw line" dunks.

I've posted this many times before, but this is one of the greatest ESPN features ever written:
Truehoop: James White vs. a Jumping Myth

Mike Conley -- the older one who was a triple jumper.

Also Carl Lewis (yup that guy) once did a windmill from a ridiculous distance and slammed it on the rim and the ball went about 35 feet in the air in a celeb dunk contest. Wilt Chamberlain was a judge, he threw his headset down and walked away. When he came back he said, "greatest attempt at a dunk ever". Obviously a guy who once jumped 30ft (he jumped out of the pit at the 1983 sports festival) is gonna have some ability to get to the hoop from a long way out.

Vince Carter and MJ for me. In that order.

Greatest Dunk of All Time
allan.gif

You da man, Allan.

Tom Chambers' dunk over Mark Jackson is the most ludicrous ever.

Shawn kemp is the best in game dunker that I can recall though I still like the little guys like Robert Pack and KJ who would dunk it on 7 footers.

Shawn kemp is the best in game dunker that I can recall though I still like the little guys like Robert Pack and KJ who would dunk it on 7 footers.

Chambers's dunk was brutal.

When it comes to dunking over 7 footers Vince Carter's over France's Frédéric Weiss in the 2000 Olympics final was insane.

Shawn kemp had pure power. No finesse. Carters dunks on mourning and the French dude were much more memorable than anything Tom ChAmbers has done

Chambers's dunk was brutal.

When it comes to dunking over 7 footers Vince Carter's over France's Frédéric Weiss in the 2000 Olympics final was insane.

Not to take away anything from VC's Olympics dunk but Clyde Drexler vs Villanova while at UHouston was ridiculous.

Not to take away anything from VC's Olympics dunk but Clyde Drexler vs Villanova while at UHouston was ridiculous.

Jesus.

As far as old school dunks go I have a sweet spot for this one :

Back