Who's the Alpha Male of MMA?

Alistair Overeem

Sorry, but no!

10001888.gif

He also has a confidence problem that he needs to take stuff to beat his opponents.

Yes. Everyone wants to be Tim Boetsch or Grumpy from the seven dwarfs.

haha touche my friend -- have you ever heard a Tim Boetsch interview though? I guess he's not who everyone wants to be per se, but he is a very likeable dude. He has a certain tranquility mixed with good intellect which nicely complements his brutal style in my opinion. As for Mendes? Yeah, probly just my bias haha

WTF? Interesting breakdown. What's wrong with wearing pink? Does that make you less manly? Andy Wang is the only answer

haha touche my friend -- have you ever heard a Tim Boetsch interview though? I guess he's not who everyone wants to be per se, but he is a very likeable dude. He has a certain tranquility mixed with good intellect which nicely complements his brutal style in my opinion. As for Mendes? Yeah, probly just my bias haha

Boetsch is not very good though.

Still processing Dana White. I have yet to see him in a fight (physical or otherwise). Have yet to see him coming back from setbacks, ect..

At the moment? Junior dos Santos is. This is not up for debate.

The term 'Alpha Male' was determined from behaviorial studies on pack animals (other than humans). Loosely speaking, an alpha male is the leader of a group - by virtue of being the most dominant. It also has to be said that, while humans are pack animals and most of the terminology applies, we have far more complex social structures than other animals. Obama is an alpha male, for example...

There's a line of thinking (that most of us subscribe to - and you probably do too, whether you like it or not) that people are judged and, subsequently, defined by their occupation/vocation. Junior dos Santos is the UFC Heavyweight Champion. Velasquez and Overeem are only contenders. Although this may change in the near future, the fact remains that JdS is the 'Affa' for now...

Boetsch is not very good though.

Still processing Dana White. I have yet to see him in a fight (physical or otherwise). Have yet to see him coming back from setbacks, ect..

The alpha is the animal in charge, it isn't all physical, especially with humans. You just have friends like Chuck to fight when it comes to that.

looks like Dan Henderson and Condit are the closest

How anyone can vote against Big Country is beyond me. He knocks out gigantic ex-NFL players and athletic looking guys while being a guy with a pot belly.

The alpha is the animal in charge, it isn't all physical, especially with humans. You just have friends like Chuck to fight when it comes to that.

Well being alpha might not only be about who would win in a fight, but would Dana really be the one to, for example, take charge in a social situation among the fighters if not for his position in the company?

This is actually an excellent point. I retract my last statement - Junior dos Santos isn't the alpha male in the UFC, Lorenzo Fertitta is.

Dana is Lorenzo's bitch.

I find that the most "alpha" fighters tend to be the worst. The best fighters are pretty low key guys like Anderson, Fedor, JDS, etc.

Back