Who's the 3 best boxers currently in the UFC?

Who's the 3 best boxers currently in the UFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yan, Strickland and Poirier for me.
Not an easy choice but trying to imagine how they would do in a boxing match against a good technical boxer.

Many of the others are more kickboxers (Izzy, Volk, O'Malley, Pereira) who thrive at kicking range with their excellent legkicks and frontkicks. Take that away from them and I don't know how effective their boxing is.
Max and Gaethje have good hands but are too irresponsible. Pereira can end it any second but doesn't move his head and walks right into straights.
Conor was good in his prime but that cardio will never make it through 12 rounds.

Boxing is waaaaay more than just punching….

Don’t tell me you’re one of those “kickboxing is everything boxing + kicks!” people…

that’s what i mean—boxing technique kinda goes out the window when you need to worry about kicks and takedowns, so it’s hard to say.

based just off throwing hands, yan looks great. strickland showed some great boxing technique and was successful with it (having success is most important). gotta throw pereira in there as well, based on how effective he is with his left hook.

Dom Cruz would like a word with you….

Footwork and positioning is just as important than punching.

Boxing is waaaaay more than just punching….

Don’t tell me you’re one of those “kickboxing is everything boxing + kicks!” people…
What makes you say that?
My point was that kickboxers don't necessarily make good boxers (for a number of reasons).

I think there needs to be a distinction that it's not general striker or kickboxer vs boxer.

Dom Cruz would like a word with you….

Footwork and positioning is just as important than punching.
his footwork is impressive, and his head movement too. the way he does it, along with the way he throws his hands, is more adapted to mma so he can mix takedowns and kicks. so it’s kind of hard to say he’s “boxing.” he probably would’ve been a decent boxer had he gone that way instead.

on that note, might as well throw prime anderson silva in the mix. he had great hands, timing, reflexes, head movement. he did mma, but he probably coulda found success in boxing if he’d gone that way.

Alexander Volkanovski
Max Holloway
Sean O' Malley

Honorable Mention:

Alex Periera

What's up with people voting Sean Strickland? Lol. Because he said he does well against boxers in sparring? Periera fucked up his whole offense with a hard jab, the leg kicks were just extra. He adapted a diet Philly Shell for MMA, but let's get real here.

Dustin Poirier is a good boxer for MMA, but in boxing, he and Periera would be known as punchers and not boxers. Probably closer to Boxer/Puncher tbf.

conor and o'malley basically, in terms of "boxing", do one thing good - pull and counter.

Strickland
Illia
Dustin/Yan

Back