Who would've believed he's such a veteran already? 10 years in the UFC, record 14-8

Just running disclosed pay, he's probably earned roughly 1.2 million in the last 10 years. As I mentioned, 17-18 were huge for him and provided a ton of income to where he could have easily invested. He should not really be in that bad of a position.

I'd also argue "having a degree" at this point really wouldn't make much of a difference. People overvalue degrees so much. A degree at 36 with very little relevant experience brings you pretty damn close to square one. He'd be just as well off in a blue collar position.

My guess is that he'll fight a few more years one way or another. It could be the UFC, Bellator, or even smaller promotions to keep him afloat. With any sort of financial sense and his likely frugal living, he should be fine as long as he has some sort of income coming in even if it's not large.

Overall agree, minus Bellator.
Bellator won't sign him.
70K to show is a lot for them. That's probably what they pay now to Corey Anderson and Corey is a top LHW. Elkins will add zero to their FW division - no intrigue and no measuring stick. They have many top FW ranked higher than him. They'll just pass...

His fight with Mirsad Bektic is amongst one of the greatest showings of heart and courage I've ever seen

Hes gonna lose just saying

but he is one of the few fighters to have multiple 5 or more win streaks in the ufc

I'm pretty confident in him this weekend, I don't think Garagorri is very good.

I'd also argue "having a degree" at this point really wouldn't make much of a difference. People overvalue degrees so much. A degree at 36 with very little relevant experience brings you pretty damn close to square one. He'd be just as well off in a blue collar position.

I agree. He seems like the type who might be better off going to trade school or learning some blue collar job by experience or being an apprentice. People in the trades often make as much or more than college graduates anyway, especially those who don't have marketable degrees. I'm the world's worst handyman, so that route is not for me, but it's good for some people.

Overall agree, minus Bellator.
Bellator won't sign him.
70K to show is a lot for them. That's probably what they pay now to Corey Anderson and Corey is a top LHW. Elkins will add zero to their FW division - no intrigue and no measuring stick. They have many top FW ranked higher than him. They'll just pass...

Not so sure about Corey. He's kind of like the third version of Bader and Davis in their LHW. If anything, Bellator's LHW division needs fewer wrestlers and the UFC LHW needs more. I realize Bader has largely abandoned his wrestling lately, but after his last fight, he may need to reconsider that.

Really hope Elkins is banking his paychecks.

I wish that for all fighters, but some give me the impression that they'll keep fighting way past their prime because they have no other options.

Not so sure about Corey. He's kind of like the third version of Bader and Davis in their LHW. If anything, Bellator's LHW division needs fewer wrestlers and the UFC LHW needs more. I realize Bader has largely abandoned his wrestling lately, but after his last fight, he may need to reconsider that.

You're not sure about what?
That Corey gets this money or that he's needed in Bellator?

He could have been given a TS but they were like lets make him fight Volk

He'd have to get screwed out of a decision against Bryce Mitchell. Bryce would then have to go on and become the FW GOAT and retire undefeated.

Then he'll be the new Tibau
He would also have to cut 40lbs and be a lil’ juicy to be a proper Tibau

For someone who joined in 2013....you don't follow the sport much.
Is it too much to ask now for people to put the name of the fighter they're talking about in either the thread title or the OP?

Well, they announced his arrival like Christ fell on them from heaven

Yep. Another UFC wrestler transfer...who never even got a title shot in the UFC (same with Bader and Davis). Other than one surprising KO, Corey is really boring, too. I don't say that about all wrestlers/grapplers, but he definitely is.

Yep. Another UFC wrestler transfer...who never even got a title shot in the UFC (same with Bader and Davis). Other than one surprising KO, Corey is really boring, too. I don't say that about all wrestlers/grapplers, but he definitely is.

It's not about him boring or exciting, wrestler or striker.
It's about achieving highly ranked fighter in the shallow division

It's not about him boring or exciting, wrestler or striker.
It's about achieving highly ranked fighter in the shallow division

Eh, the only thing Corey really has going for him is that he's 5-6 years younger than Bader and Davis. Both of them were better fighters at his age. I don't buy all the hype on Nemkov, but I think he'd beat Corey and Corey won't win the Bellator belt unless Nemkov goes to the UFC later.

Eh, the only thing Corey really has going for him is that he's 5-6 years younger than Bader and Davis. Both of them were better fighters at his age. I don't buy all the hype on Nemkov, but I think he'd beat Corey and Corey won't win the Bellator belt unless Nemkov goes to the UFC later.

Again, it's not about how good or exciting he is, it's about how ranked he is.
Corey is an acquisition, no matter if he becomes Bellator champ or gets beat by Bellator champ. Either way the value of the division jumps up

Darren "The Damage" Elkins

It's a pretentious try-hard thread. The guy is a bum.

Any other day I'd put you in your place, but I see that #MAGA hashtag on your avatar and understand that you're in deep sorrow right now. So I'll spare you

Back