Who would've believed he's such a veteran already? 10 years in the UFC, record 14-8

He'd have to get screwed out of a decision against Bryce Mitchell. Bryce would then have to go on and become the FW GOAT and retire undefeated.

Then he'll be the new Tibau

Even that won't help him. He's not juiced to the gills

tumblr_mgib8xr7Po1rmp7v2o1_250.gif

His opponent is a striker and the only quality win he has is over Humberto Bandenay…if Elkins stick to his Wrestling he could defeat his opponent.

It seems that the UFC is using Garagorri as a rebound fight more than anything…he was scheduled to fight Bektic, who is on a losing streak and now Elkins who is on a similar streak.

One of the toughest guys in the UFC...

And he pretty much has to be to proudly wear this on his chest:

Jbo1amp.jpg

random thread with generic looking white guy who is a journeyman with no notable feats on his resume. Someone wondering who the fuck that is isn't surprising you try hard

He's fought in the UFC for 10 years.

Fought 22 times. Has been in or near the top 10.

If you've been following the UFC for 8 years....you probably have heard of the guy.

He's fought in the UFC for 10 years.

Fought 22 times. Has been in or near the top 10.

If you've been following the UFC for 8 years....you probably have heard of the guy.
Having heard of the guy and being able to identify who the fuck he is from a random pic with his wife are two different things. Stop trying so hard.

His career earnings are probably a hell of a lot higher than some people think. As long as he was smart with his money and invested, he should be alright provided he has any sort of income besides investments afterwards.

His career earnings are probably a hell of a lot higher than some people think. As long as he was smart with his money and invested, he should be alright provided he has any sort of income besides investments afterwards.

When I get back home, Ill check his sponsors status and provide a detailed report.

Some fighters are surprisingly good with sponsors - Machida, Cyborg, Pettis bros...surprisingly Myles Jury
And, of course, the king of sponsors - Nick.

When I get back home, Ill check his sponsors status and provide a detailed report.

Some fighters are surprisingly good with sponsors - Machida, Cyborg, Pettis bros...surprisingly Myles Jury
And, of course, the king of sponsors - Nick.

Had had a pretty good 2017 through 2018. He made over $450k those 2 years in disclosed. I also bet he ends up back in Indiana which is pretty cheap cost of living. He's also got a good work ethic, so I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't find something to do after fighting.

Had had a pretty good 2017 through 2018. He made over $450k those 2 years in disclosed. I also bet he ends up back in Indiana which is pretty cheap cost of living. He's also got a good work ethic, so I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't find something to do after fighting.

Sure, he gets 20K from Reebok now too. And he doesn't strike me as a guy that gets big behind-the-scenes bonuses.
But in UFC to have arounf 80K-90K income per fight is great!

In case he finds himself outside of the UFC though, the situation is not that great.
He doesn't have any serious sponsors right now. He had two nice sponsors before Reebok, but they're already belly up.
Other than that, he demonstrated here and there some Venum, Under Armour and stuff like that, who have dozens of fighters more interesting than Elkins.

One of his previous sponsors have survived - ryu.com - but looks like they're not in MMA anymore so they'll unlikely pick him up. He's not really a young attractive model

And I agree, work ethics mean a lot, but he doesn't even have a start of a degree. That's a problem....
And I really hope he doesn't become just one of the Alpha Male coaches...

I didn't even recognize him. He's a tough ass dude and brings it every fight.

Sure, he gets 20K from Reebok now too. And he doesn't strike me as a guy that gets big behind-the-scenes bonuses.
But in UFC to have arounf 80K-90K income per fight is great!

In case he finds himself outside of the UFC though, the situation is not that great.
He doesn't have any serious sponsors right now. He had two nice sponsors before Reebok, but they're already belly up.
Other than that, he demonstrated here and there some Venum, Under Armour and stuff like that, who have dozens of fighters more interesting than Elkins.

One of his previous sponsors have survived - ryu.com - but looks like they're not in MMA anymore so they'll unlikely pick him up. He's not really a young attractive model

And I agree, work ethics mean a lot, but he doesn't even have a start of a degree. That's a problem....
And I really hope he doesn't become just one of the Alpha Male coaches...

Just running disclosed pay, he's probably earned roughly 1.2 million in the last 10 years. As I mentioned, 17-18 were huge for him and provided a ton of income to where he could have easily invested. He should not really be in that bad of a position.

I'd also argue "having a degree" at this point really wouldn't make much of a difference. People overvalue degrees so much. A degree at 36 with very little relevant experience brings you pretty damn close to square one. He'd be just as well off in a blue collar position.

My guess is that he'll fight a few more years one way or another. It could be the UFC, Bellator, or even smaller promotions to keep him afloat. With any sort of financial sense and his likely frugal living, he should be fine as long as he has some sort of income coming in even if it's not large.

Back