Who would you consider the most fearless fighter?

AS twice in his prime, moved up in weight to fight Jon Jones (who else has done that?)went up two weight classes to fight Fedor and Rampage at heavyweight. It's not even close. Its the American Gangster20190401_064921.jpg

Last edited:
IMG-20160927-WA0000-680x510.jpg

Did he? I never knew the context of how that fight fell through.
Pettis "had a knee injury", but right after this he accepted a fight for the title in his own division, replacing an recent injuried TJ Grant, against Benson Henderson (he won that fight and became champion). Even Dedé Pederneiras said at that time he didn't believe that this really happened - neither do I and any of us I presume, after all who recovers fast to another risky fight like that? This is a joke. Pederneiras said he thought Pettis saw it was difficult to go down, invented an injury and gave up fighting Aldo.

Ferguson. And AS wasn't brave. Roiding out to beat journeymen, calling out wws and even lws, fighting up a weight class but only good style matchups? none of that is all that brave.

Think about this one for a second. All these guys fight for a living so it isn't like they don't have some guts.
I think I would say AS. He hopped up in weight numerous times. He took a fight after just coming out of surgery on one days notice to fight the guy that is the heavyweight champion of the world. As an old slowed down man he wanted to fight a young guy that was 15-0 with 13 Ko/Tko's. For comparison, GSP was self admittedly scared every fight. Bones refused to go up or take a fight on a few days notice. Fedor never made eye contact to save himself from wasting nervous energy. (he is a tough one to call, but I think he has a bit of the same sensation GSP has). There are guys that will fight anyone, but is that bravado, or a need to get paid, or maybe even an image they try to portray?
Nothing more ballsy than a giant MW on steroids moving up to fight guys considered giant LHWs with favorable skillsets for him who were not that much bigger than him.......

Admitting you're scared means you don't have balls?

How was what Anderson Silva did different than what GSP did when it comes to moving up?

Anderson Silva and GSP were opportunistic in their move ups. They fought guys they thought were favourable matchups for them.

One of the few things i can say i like about this guy but i gotta give it up for darren till here.

Then again i suppose you can argue hes shook to fight in his natural weight class so meh.

why is this in the wasteland? good thread imo.

Nothing more ballsy than a giant MW on steroids moving up to fight guys considered giant LHWs with favorable skillsets for him who were not that much bigger than him.......

How was what Anderson Silva did different than what GSP did when it comes to moving up?

Anderson Silva and GSP were opportunistic in their move ups. They fought guys they thought were favourable matchups for them.
People aren't sophisticated enough to say "I like watching striking, but that doesn't mean strikers are innately superior" Like 90% of posters here are flat out incapable of understanding that. They flat out make up silly bullshit like Anderson was fearless, when he was content to have a shitty boring fight whenever he couldn't get a grappler out of there.

Absolutely no intent to expose himself to risk to possibly get a finish. He's literally never shown that quality in his career, he's a counter striker ffs. He plays it safe, just like GSP. Just like Jones. All the true greats do, because it's intelligent.

Last edited:
Saku, Wanderlei and I'm surprised that only one Sherbro mentioned Chael Sonnen. Like him or not, the guy didn't give a damn.

tenor.gif

Cry a river, sore loser. Number one GOAT Spider's greatness won't vanish because of your hate. You need to live with that.

Hs anyone said Charlie Zelinoff (or whatever his name is)?
Number 1 p4p! 147-0. 136 knockouts. Knocked out a 300lbs giant!

I am assuming you have seen the Charlie Z documentary on youtube? If not, check it out. Absolutely hilarious. That guy is a straight up nut

I think I would rephrase the question slightly to "who took the biggest career risks"?

It's different fighting out of your weight class/on a few days notice when you took have the strongest expectation of winning or don't have a valuable spot in the rankings to protect. Another thing entirely to take risks that will ultimately lead to you losing ranking, making less money, etc...

At least, that would be an interesting question to ask in addition to this one.

My immediate reaction to my own question was BJ Penn.

tenor.gif

Cry a river, sore loser. Number one GOAT Spider's greatness won't vanish because of your hate. You need to live with that.
Lol all I deciphered from this is you're the crybaby.

I never once questioned the greatness of Anderson Silva, crybaby

Bj penn, he was always fighting heavier and great fighters, he even went up to fight Machida

Back