Who would you consider the most fearless fighter?

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Think about this one for a second. All these guys fight for a living so it isn't like they don't have some guts.
I think I would say AS. He hopped up in weight numerous times. He took a fight after just coming out of surgery on one days notice to fight the guy that is the heavyweight champion of the world. As an old slowed down man he wanted to fight a young guy that was 15-0 with 13 Ko/Tko's. For comparison, GSP was self admittedly scared every fight. Bones refused to go up or take a fight on a few days notice. Fedor never made eye contact to save himself from wasting nervous energy. (he is a tough one to call, but I think he has a bit of the same sensation GSP has). There are guys that will fight anyone, but is that bravado, or a need to get paid, or maybe even an image they try to portray?

Anderson, he literally gives no fucks.

Bj Penn & Frankie Edgar honorable mentions

Sakuraba

And I say that as someone who dislikes JMMA, generally. Hespect.

KazushiSakuraba_display_image.jpg

Condit
Stann
Wanderlei
Lawler

maybe there's more but those are at the top of my head

BJ Penn.

Edit. Revisiting the thread and it’s clear there are many different definitions of “fearless” being used here. ie... a cpl posts before mine Justin is named.

Now that is absolutely true. He is fearless in his fights. But my definition for fearless, and my naming of Penn came from his willingness to fight anybody at any weight. That to me is truly fearless. Not just all comers in your own weight class, but pretty much anybody in any weight class.

I stand behind my pick. And as a big fan of GSP, I think that’s the biggest form of respect I can show BJ Penn.

Last edited:
Lawler
Sanchez
Masvidal
CroCop
Gaethje
Dan Henderson
Sakuraba
Minowaman

Nate Diaz

Last edited:
Wanderlei Silva. Literally had no fear of any opponent. Fought prime Cro Cop in 2001 at this height in K1, fought Mark Hunt on a few days notice, Fujita and all at HW and all the others. And he fought with no fear, he went right at em

Lawler was my very 1st thought, but gotta agree that Saku and Diego are up there.

Back