Who would have won a fight between Michael Bisping and Chris Weidman?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
This fight will probably never happen despite both guys being around the top of the division for many years. I've long held the opinion that Weidman is a) always being overrated and b) Bisping would have taken him into deep waters and drowned him.

So Sherdoggers, who would your pick be?

Weidman is overrated but he would beat Bisping.

Prime Chris mauls Michael.

Tha Chris by whatever he want

Bisping has way better striking, he´d pepper Chris with strikes from the outside and stuff all his takedowns. And even if Chris takes him down, Bisiping is gonna get up fast. I see a UD for Bisping.

Possibly Bisping by cardio.
Or Weidman by first round stoppage.

If Weidman doesn't get an early round finish, I can't see him keeping up with Bisping's pace.

I think it would be close, Bisping is a scrappy dude who's hard to get/ hold down. 3 rounds Weidman, 5 rounds Bisping

Whose dad is tougher?

29974.jpg

vs

134_Chris_Weidman_vs_Kelvin_Gastelum.0.jpg

This fight will probably never happen despite both guys being around the top of the division for many years. I've long held the opinion that Weidman is a) always being overrated and b) Bisping would have taken him into deep waters and drowned him.

So Sherdoggers, who would your pick be?
Bisping has NOT been at the top of the divison for years. Hes been in the middle of the divison for years until he got the call to fight for the belt. Then he's been ducking the top since.

weidman by being better at every aspect of fighting

Chris easily not a fan but besides throwing a stupid spinning kick, getting caught with a flying knee, and trying to get a DQ win he has beaten the best of the best Bisping always fell short up until he won the belt.

Bisping has way better striking, he´d pepper Chris with strikes from the outside and stuff all his takedowns. And even if Chris takes him down, Bisiping is gonna get up fast. I see a UD for Bisping.

I believe this is the correct answer.

Bisbing is criminally underrated on this forum. He is absolutely a problem for anyone at 185. Especially post USADA.

Weidman isnt finished. He's been legit competitive in all his losses. Just having a bad run.

Only casual MMA fans who think Bispring is a legit champion right now.

I still like the Chris and think he wins despite his current problems.

Let's not forget Bisping has one meaningful top 10 win to his name: Rockhold.

Post-USADA, 5 Rounds, I am going with Bisping. 3 rounds I am going with Weidman.

Pre-USADA, Weidman whether it is 3 or 5 rounds.

Back