• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Won Izzy v Rob II?

Who won

• Izzy

• Rob

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would accept a close win from either guy (no robbery in either direction here) or heck even a draw might be justified.

But the 4-1 Izzy or 'for sure Izzy win' group are just weird from my perspective.

One thing is sure I don't wanna see that fight for a third time. Overall Izzy is putting back to back stinkers and the occasional finish comes if the other guy recklessly attacks.
Agree with what you've said entirely.

I think it's time to move away from this for a bit.

Maybe a move back to WW for Whittaker wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Ok, bro before the scorecards come out im willing to bet the 2nd round rob won on the cards was the 3rd round.

but yes 11 strikes definitely cancels out: 10 strikes, A TAKEDOWN, 30 SECONDS of dominant clinch position, and back control. Like wtf r u going on about “guess ive never taken a leg kick”
Dude if your bringing up “ 30 seconds “ of dominate clinch time and a meaningless takedown….your argument is weak ….Izzy landed the significant strikes …I don’t care about your stats

I had Izzy up 4-1, but was just going on Izzy dominating. I didn’t think about Rob stealing rounds with his ineffective takedowns.

Izzy clearly won at least 3 rounds

Neither guy had so much as a scratch on their faces....Its truly interesting to see how so many people see a different fight, especially that 1 judge that was involved in 2 SD's and the commentators all said he shouldnt judge ever again.

Dude if your bringing up “ 30 seconds “ of dominate clinch time and a meaningless takedown….your argument is weak ….Izzy landed the significant strikes …I don’t care about your stats
Ur bringing up 5 distance strikes in round 2, and 3.

I don't understand the "stop listening to commentary" I tune that out and its very low when I watch fights. Rob turned into a wrestler and failed to keep Izzy on his back or controlled, then he backed up most of the fight. Izzy was walking down the challenger, and there was no way Rob was going to outpoint from the outside. Look up media scores, everyone scored for Izzy but on sherdog (Which gave rob the last 3 rounds)

3-2 Rob.
Izzy did absolutely fuck all in r4 and r5.
Landed absolutely no headstrikes, besides 4-5 kicks to the mid section and calfs.
It comes down to R2 and I felt Whittaker took that round as well due to his control.
If you shoot a takedown and continue to grind your opponent against the fence. That’s control.

I don't understand the "stop listening to commentary" I tune that out and its very low when I watch fights. Rob turned into a wrestler and failed to keep Izzy on his back or controlled, then he backed up most of the fight. Izzy was walking down the challenger, and there was no way Rob was going to outpoint from the outside. Look up media scores, everyone scored for Izzy but on sherdog (Which gave rob the last 3 rounds)

Izzy didn’t do shit, and got outjabbed all night.
Why do you think his lips were the size of balloons after the fight.

Izzy still got controlled by Whittaker’s wrestling. Guy threw absolutely zero strikes defending the grappling. No knees, no elbows, no footstomps.

If you give Rob full credit for everything….it was 3-2 Izzy ….. salty crybabies

I watched it without the volume and had it 50-40 robb

Whitaker landed more hard shots, but Izzy's did more damage. Rob's takedowns were worthless as Izzy was on the ground for a total of like 2 seconds combined. Izzy basically won the fight on points with more hits landed, variety of strikes landed, and he controlled the fight from start to finish.

Reactions: 2sk
Back