Who was more badass in the batman trilogy Joker or Bane?

They should have had someone huge do the role of Bane, and then, because he’s got his stupid mask on have someone with a great voice do the voice acting.

In other words, just make him Darth Vader 2.0 with the whole David Prowse/James Earl Jones set up.
This. So much this. I was expecting that from Bane. What I got was a fat Tom Hardy.

Easily Joker. Bane sucked. They shouldn't have had a manlet play him.
Not only that but the whole doing it for a girl schtick too, one of the weakest “villains” of the past 30 years in cinema

The Joker. Hardy's Bane sounded like drunk Orson Welles:

He did some of the scenes as a drunk Orsen Welles, but Hardy's fine English acting pedigree really showed itself when he did the high pitched voice and turned into Kenneth Williams.

pete holmes described bane as a roided out jock with a gas mask in one of the college humor batmans. that hits the nail on the head for me. gotta go joker here.

Whoever was better doesn’t matter to me, the best part about Nolan’s movies was how the characters were grounded in reality and that no villain or hero had abilities that were outside the realm of possibility.

Batman was a rich dude that through his company’s had government contracts that enabled him to get the technology that he used to fight crime.

ra's al ghul Was a man who thought that he had the best intentions of humanity in his actions.

Joker was an insane dude that didn’t give a flying fuck about anything and got to where he was in the criminal underworld by being completely unpredictable.

Twoface hit his limit then lost his mind and let everything be decided by a coin toss.

Scarecrow was a psychiatrist that went insane and started using experimental drugs for his own benefit.

Bane was a fiercely loyal friend of the family that would do anything to protect and help his people.

Every one of the characters were rooted in reality and for me, that’s what made the movies so incredible.

The Joker. Ras Ah Ghul and Bane were memorable characters in the Christopher Nolan universe yet The Joker was on a different level.

Sorry kid, you're missing my (admittedly obtuse) point.
If you'd seen TDK at the time it came out you wouldn't be asking the question. Heath Ledger's Joker was a huge deal and talked about everywhere. While this was certainly fuelled by his death it still added to a much more iconic and 'badass' role than Hardy's far more generic tough guy role as Bane.

madness vs brute force

I'd say madness all day everyday.

This. You can't have a jacked midget playing bane. Dude looks like he started working out last week at the local YMCA. Bane is supposed to be an imposing figure not someone who the local female HS volleyball team would tower over in disgust. Bane is supposed to be a steroid monster to the extreme. They should have found someone else and given the character fewer lines if his acting was bad. They had that one women controlling him anyways so just give her all the lines and have him shut up.

My Fantasy Casting for Bane would have been The Rock. Even the skin-tone is right, as Bane's mother was South American.

After having seen Batman & Robin on the big screen, I really thought I would never watch a Batman movie again. Still, so many people around me praised the Ledger performance as Joker, that I gave it a try… and wasn't disappointed. Dude nailed the role and stole the movie. It could be recalled "Joker".

The Bane wasn't bad, but not good either. An ok actor performance for a very lame Bane (not the actor's fault). After having read Knightfall in the comics and considering it one of the best Batman sagas ever, I really couldn't enjoy that Bane portrayed in the movie.

The joker was just excellent in whatever standards

Yeah, he was good...

bane-gif-19.gif

That was so sick. I'm assuming Hardy might have improvised that?

Had Talia not stolen Bane's thunder late in the movie; he might have a slight edge over the Joker. But even with that being said, it's the freakin' Joker.

My Fantasy Casting for Bane would have been The Rock. Even the skin-tone is right, as Bane's mother was South American.
Its like Richard Artimage playing Francis Dollarhyde all over again. Why can’t Hollywood get yoked individuals?

The dread and fear the joker spread was a lot darker and more devious. Bane spoke of a future and the joker gave a damn about the future. The joker was a complete enigma who was against reason. If he didnt die, he won, if he did die, he really won. Bane needed to be stopped. The fact that the joker got to play a hand in the card game was a virus to everyone playing, and his presence ruined everything. Joker was the badass.

Big hardy fan but i though the bane in the Nolan universe was lame as fuck. Then again i hated just about everything in that movie.

This. You can't have a jacked midget playing bane. Dude looks like he started working out last week at the local YMCA. Bane is supposed to be an imposing figure not someone who the local female HS volleyball team would tower over in disgust. Bane is supposed to be a steroid monster to the extreme. They should have found someone else and given the character fewer lines if his acting was bad. They had that one women controlling him anyways so just give her all the lines and have him shut up.

He should’ve just did random screams at us like the last bane did. Hardy would’ve got an Oscar for it.

Back