Who was Fedor's greatest win?

Nog 1, Big Nog was the undisputed number 1 HW in the world and Fedor beat his ass on the ground where he was at his best.

It's a toss up between Nog 1 or out striking Mirko. Those were the two guys that were supposed to outclass him and Fedor beat each in their element. He went to the ground with Nog and stood with Cro Cop.

lol like Jones got cans after he became champ
Fedor was the champ that fought Hong Man Choi and Zulu

Changing the orders of factors does not change the product.

Plus you're wrong, Fedor wasn't champion when he fought Choi, or Monson or Ishii.

Jones fought Sonnen, who had a losing record at LHW and no top wins, so yes, he fought pretty much a can.

Sapp could do that to anyone we wants. The Sapp fight was epic and probably Sapps best fight even in a loss and one of Nogs best too. Say what you want about Bob Sapp but that fight with Nog was an awesome fight.

I absolutely agree that it was an awesome fight. I don't necessarily agree that Sapp could do that to "anyone he wants", though (kinda been proven and I'm not referring to his "diving era" either).

I think you kinda missed my point, though. I brought up Bob Sapp because I wanted to remind people that doing what Fedor had done to Nog was not something that hadn't been done by others.

Brett Rodgers, the way he survived trouble in the first and came back to tko a huge undefeated world class opponent.

I absolutely agree that it was an awesome fight. I don't necessarily agree that Sapp could do that to "anyone he wants", though (kinda been proven and I'm not referring to his "diving era" either).

I think you kinda missed my point, though. I brought up Bob Sapp because I wanted to remind people that doing what Fedor had done to Nog was not something that hadn't been done by others.

Just because someone else attempted it too doesn't make it less impressive. Sapp didn't dominate Nogs guard like Fedor did either. Name some others who did that to Nog and just pounded away at him in his guard... there may be others but we're talking about Bob Sapp who could have easily had 100lbs on Nog as opposed to Fedor who was more Nogs size and completely dominated him.

Crop Cop
Nog
Arlovski

You know what is crazy about those wins? Those 3 fighters all were on a huge momentum and were on win streaks at the top of their game before Fedor beat them.

CroCop was 16-2 on a 7 fight win streak only losing to Nog and an upset by Randleman before Fedor.

Nog was 19-1 on a 13 fight win streak only losing to Henderson back Rings which was 3 years ago at the time he fought Fedor.

Arlovski was 15-5 on a 5 fight win streak only losing to Tim Sylvia from 02-09.

Just because someone else attempted it too doesn't make it less impressive. Sapp didn't dominate Nogs guard like Fedor did either. Name some others who did that to Nog and just pounded away at him in his guard... there may be others but we're talking about Bob Sapp who could have easily had 100lbs on Nog as opposed to Fedor who was more Nogs size and completely dominated him.

Fedor was well-rounded but many pride HW fighters at that time (Yvel, Sapp, Nog, Herring, Goodridge, Coleman) were one-dimensional. So it's not that surprising to find only 2 people do to that too Nog.

I'm not saying it wasn't "impressive" but that it's been overrated. A versatile fighter should be able to dominate a 1-dimensional fighter (at the time).

If any one win for Fedor in Pride should rank #1, it's his win against Cro-Cop.

I can't decide he fought so many great fighters.
Fujita
Goodridge
Ogawa
Brett Rogers
Eh, these were good wins at the time. Fujita, Ogawa and Rogers were all probably top 10 at the times of the win. Ogawa had a lot of hype behind him at the time, at least in Japan, for his win streak (mostly for his Pro-Wrestling)), even if it was a joke for an Olympic level Judo player.

Goodridge was still considered very dangerous at the time. Then Fedor did what a goat does with cans.

I think what's implied is that Fedor is the only person to jump in Nog's guard, beat him up, and NOT GET SUBMITTED. Sapp got reversed from top position and submitted with an arm bar.

Fedor was well-rounded but many pride HW fighters at that time (Yvel, Sapp, Nog, Herring, Goodridge) were one-dimensional. So it's not that surprising to find only 2 people do to that too Nog.

I'm not saying it wasn't "impressive" but that it's been overrated. A versatile fighter should be able to dominate a 1-dimensional fighter (at the time).

Nog is one dimensional? gtfo... you have no idea what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Fedor was well-rounded but many pride HW fighters at that time (Yvel, Sapp, Nog, Herring, Goodridge, Coleman) were one-dimensional. So it's not that surprising to find only 2 people do to that too Nog.

On retrospect, in PRIDE, Cro Cop was the most overall skilled fighter that Fedor faced. At that time, he was fast, his reflexes were incredible, his boxing was top notch, his kicks were starting to lose a little luster on the speed but were still dangerous, his ground game had improved massively, his guard was much better than it is now, his ability to stand was instantaneous. Cro Cop was a dangerous fucking man during that period.

And Fedor just absolutely wore him down and beat the shit out of him after the first round.

Nog is one dimensional? gtfo... you have no idea what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

You're telling me Nog back then was the same fighter he was later in his career? Please. Nog was younger but not nearly as well rounded. He was an expert jiu-jitsu practitioner and nothing else. Nog improved his stand-up tremendously later in his career, just like Werdum.

Back