Who was Fedor's greatest win?

Its unfair how TK always gets listed as a can during these discussions. It's like everyone just sees that he has a Japanese name and a list him as a can by default or something. He was a good fighter

Its unfair how TK always gets listed as a can during these discussions. It's like everyone just sees that he has a Japanese name and a list him as a can by default or something. He was a good fighter
Well, he beat Pete Williams and Volk Han. He held his own against great fighters though. He wasn't no bitch.

Big Nog 1. If it wasn't for that fight, Big Nog instead of Fedor will be regarded as the HW GOAT today.

i would say mirko. he was the most dangerous guy at the time they fought. His LHK was still the most deadly sudden death move in the sport. The standup exchanges in the first round before the takedown were incredible..like titans fighting

lol like Jones got cans after he became champ
Fedor was the champ that fought Hong Man Choi and Zulu

It wasn't Fedor's fault he fought cans during his title run. If I remember correctly most contenders got injured or competing in grand prix. Even Fedor himself competed in grand prix. Literally everybody was busy fighting each other or injured.

I can't decide he fought so many great fighters.

Fujita
Goodridge
Nagata
Ogawa
Kohsaka
Lindland

and of course all time greats like

Zuluzinho
Brett Rogers
Jeff Monson
Satoshi Ishii

Lol

TK was really good, not a top 10 guy cause he was a bit too old when he fought Fedor but he was a really good fighter. This seems to happen with Japanese fighters when the poster doesn't know much about MMA like with some of the guys Wanderlei beat like Kondo, Yoshida and Tamura.

No they don't know, because they don't watch fights and they don't like Fight Pass (which fucking rules).That fight really didn't need to happen. There was literally no reason for a relatively small 185er in Ninja to fight Sergei lol.

I wish it never did and Ninja stayed at 185 he could have been one of the greats of that weight class, no on Anderson's level but he could have been around or above Franklin's had he not taken that beating.

TK was really good, not a top 10 guy cause he was a bit too old when he fought Fedor but he was a really good fighter. This seems to happen with Japanese fighters when the poster doesn't know much about MMA like with some of the guys Wanderlei beat like Kondo, Yoshida and Tamura.

Hey man Fedor I'm sure wanted to avenge that "lose" he had with him in Rings and he got it lol can't blame him for that. Felt bad for TK watching that fight too.

Let's see, during Fedor's prime, the tops HW's NOT in Pride were AA and Tim Sylvia. The UFC were matching AA with guys like Justin Eilers and Paul Buentello. Sylvia was fighting guys like Gan McGee, Tre Telligman, and Wes Sims. Arguably, the best HW that Fedor did not fight was Frank Mir, but he was out with a severe leg injury.

All aside, I think he biggest win was against Nog or Crocop.

Also Fedor vs Nog 1 was dream coming true. They never ducked each other. When Fedor got cut during second fight he promised title shot for Nogueira. Great sportsmanship.

Let's see, during Fedor's prime, the tops HW's NOT in Pride were AA and Tim Sylvia. The UFC were matching AA with guys like Justin Eilers and Paul Buentello. Sylvia was fighting guys like Gan McGee, Tre Telligman, and Wes Sims. Arguably, the best HW that Fedor did not fight was Frank Mir, but he was out with a severe leg injury.

All aside, I think he biggest win was against Nog or Crocop.

Don't forget Barnett. He was supposed to fight him on 2 occasions. Once for the Pride New Years Eve show and backed out and the other at Affliction but he got busted. Randy I guess you could say he didn't fight also but he wouldn't of given Fedor much of a challenge to be honest.

crocop was his toughest fight. i'm going with that one.

Nog was ranked the highest p4p, but that was early in their careers while Cro Cop was (and probably still is) the biggest HW fight to date. CC was not hype in 05, he was a badass.

Nog was considered the premiere mmartist on the planet at the time; Fedor pawned him. It's the obvious answer. Cro Cop and Arlovski deserve honorable mention, though. Both were ranked in the top 3 and on absolute tears when Fedor beat the both decisively. Other wins, such as Nog 3, Sylvia, Herring, etc are quality but not enough to really be in the discussion IMO.

Honestly, by the Mir fight, I think that Nog was actually worse. His technique hasn't improved much from the 2004 period when he amped up training to fight Fedor. His boxing technique has always been "okay", but it was more than decent during that time frame, which his fights with Kharitonov showed and later Barnett. But, Fedor still beat that Nog that whooped Kharitonov's ass, who definitely had high quality boxing at the time. Fuck, Kharitonov came in like he was Conor McGregor and put on a masterclass against Murilo Ninja and Semmy Schilt.

By no means did Nog "whoop" Kharitonov's ass. That was a very close fight and Kharitonov looked bad on the feet. And his fight against Rua and Schilt I saw a long time ago. I only remember Kharitonov having Schilt in a beautiful mount, trapping Schilts' left arm, dropping punches on him.

Last edited:
Back