Opinion Who was a better president Donald Trump or George W Bush?

Who was a better president Donald Trump or George W Bush?

• Total voters
Bush was completely incompetent and was told what to do by greedy idiots. Trump was also completely incompetent and decided what to do based on his own greed.

Pick whichever you feel is worse.
Well, in theory if you surrounded Bush with better people you could improve the result. Whereas no matter who you surround Trump with, he'll just do what he wants.

So, based on that, I'd lean Bush.

I disagree regarding Obama...a wholly unqualified candidate who ascended on the back of well wishes. The guy was a smooth talker but accomplished little of note. Disagree also regarding Trump many of his policies are still with us today especially his ridiculous spending and tax cuts which are still impacting today.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Obama managed to spearhead the shale revolution and turn the USA into a net exporter of oil, WHILE appeasing environmentalists into shutting the fuck up.

Trump continued with drill baby drill, but forked and diced and tossed environmental concerns enough that environmentalists forgot everything was considered OK under Obama because he was also investing in renewables and now are back to "everything must be green! Fuck oil"

What the fuck are you talking about?

Obama managed to spearhead the shale revolution and turn the USA into a net exporter of oil, WHILE appeasing environmentalists into shutting the fuck up.

Trump continued with drill baby drill, but forked and diced and tossed environmental concerns enough that environmentalists forgot everything was considered OK under Obama because he was also investing in renewables and now are back to "everything must be green! Fuck oil"

So he supported shale oil production...seems o.k. but otherwise unremarkable to support the domestic oil industry. But he did not appease environmentalists as shale oil and fracking are known to be a problem to the environment.

If Obama, Trump, or Biden moved away from oil, now that would be noteworthy.

So he supported shale oil production...seems o.k. but otherwise unremarkable to support the domestic oil industry. But he did not appease environmentalists as shale oil and fracking are known to be a problem to the environment.

If Obama, Trump, or Biden moved away from oil, now that would be noteworthy.
He appeased them enough that the biggest environmental groups endorsed him ahead of reelection and gave far less opposition than is normal to a massive undertaking the shale revolution was.

In fact, they praised him for using the oil and denoted how much better than coal it was.

Nobody can move away from oil. The technology doesn't exist yet and the current "green" options are just horrific for the environment in their own ways when done large scale. Even solar. Nobody likes to address that part of it

Both make my bottom 5 all time, but Trump is lower. He made Bush look like an eloquent genius, and made Bush’s cabinet of assholes look a well-oiled machine by comparison. At least Bush’s people were qualified for the jobs they held. and obviously Trump being the only president in history to not respect the peaceful transition of power puts him pretty fucking low on the list.

The people of New Orleans would like to talk to you about who Bush had at the head of FEMA.

The people of New Orleans would like to talk to you about who Bush had at the head of FEMA.

Can’t argue there, that POS was definitely NOT qualified for the job. Wasn’t he like a judge at horse shows or some shit before FEMA? <45>
Maybe I should’ve just said, “Bush had more qualified people in his administration than Trump.” Both we’re such awful presidents, it’s mind boggling.

Bush does have the claim to fame that he was the only Republican president in the past 30 years to actually win the popular vote (in 2004 obviously, he sure didn’t in 2000).

No one has been able to rally the neo nazis and white supremicists like Donald. They were out in full force supporting his the republican event going on this weekend.

Bush didn't try to subvert our democracy. He even had a sense of decorum at times, even if he was not a gifted speaker. He displayed decent leadership following September 11th. I firmly believe he was more incompetent than evil. That's all the good I can say about him.

I can't say any of that about Trump. He is just a piece of shit of a human being who is woefully unqualified to lead anybody, let alone an entire nation. Pure narcissistic sociopath who would rather tear this entire country down if it meant being able to stay in power. Trump did more damage to this country in 4 years than Bush did in 8. He is by far the worst of the two.

You are an idiot.

There’s a million plus dead in the ME because of the Bush White House, we ruined our credibility in the world, the wealth divide, I could go on.

Grow the fuck up.

Bush didn't try to subvert our democracy. He even had a sense of decorum at times, even if he was not a gifted speaker. He displayed decent leadership following September 11th. I firmly believe he was more incompetent than evil. That's all the good I can say about him.

I can't say any of that about Trump. He is just a piece of shit of a human being who is woefully unqualified to lead anybody, let alone an entire nation. Pure narcissistic sociopath who would rather tear this entire country down if it meant being able to stay in power. Trump did more damage to this country in 4 years than Bush did in 8. He is by far the worst of the two.

You are an idiot.

There’s a million plus dead in the ME because of the Bush White House, we ruined our credibility in the world, the wealth divide, I could go on.

Grow the fuck up.
No, I think @heloder is making a valid point. Obviously invading fucking Iraq for no reason and causing God-knows-how-many wounded and killed is not to be taken lightly. Ditto with his “War on Terror” bullshit pretext to suspend habeus corpus and torture people.
Is that worse than purposefully trying to undermine free and fair democratic elections, fostering a violent uprising of people who wanted hang the VP and to forcefully subvert that election? Ehhhhhh I’m not so sure that it is worse. Lots of presidents have invaded places, bombed nations, what have you. Only one has ever tried to subvert the peaceful transfer of power and that’s Trump.

Right now, there are 17 different people in 17 different states running for Sec of State, who are aligned with the “Stop the Steal” movement. What Trump did has had a major ripple effect in which many of the democratic institutions which fortunately prevented his attempted coup are being attacked, subverted, and weakened.
It’s hard to have a worse legacy as president than that. I can think of maybe 2 presidents—3 tops—that I’d rank lower than Trump.

He appeased them enough that the biggest environmental groups endorsed him ahead of reelection and gave far less opposition than is normal to a massive undertaking the shale revolution was.

In fact, they praised him for using the oil and denoted how much better than coal it was.

Nobody can move away from oil. The technology doesn't exist yet and the current "green" options are just horrific for the environment in their own ways when done large scale. Even solar. Nobody likes to address that part of it

We can fix generic environmental damage later the issue is climate change which is an existential threat to the habitality of the planet. Never seen so many conservatives become vague environemntalists as once it became a tool to undermine climate action.

Environmental damage is bad in all cases but there's S level threats and there's C level threats.

You are an idiot.

Grow the fuck up.
When it comes to politics. People seem to only have short term memory.

I heard a friend of mine say that he missed Bush when Trump was in office. My buddy is a good dude but he is a living version of that consoomer meme. All he does in his spare time is watch TV and he thinks everything that spits out of it is real. So when Bush was doing his rounds and showing off his paintings he all of the sudden loved him.

I've seen people around here also call Trump the worst president in modern times. I actually think Trump had some good policies. I didn't necessarily care for the way he carried himself, but to say he was worse than Bush is imo very shortsighted.
Tough call. Overall Trump was worse in that he was willing to warp the office of the presidency for personal gain in the way no other modern president has and he was incredibly hostile to political norms that restrained the president. So in a way he moved us an inch or two towards a tyrannical government even if we still remain miles away from actually having one.

That said, Bush's single decision to invade Iraq arguably outweighs all of that when you look at the global fallout of that decision. Iraq obviously never really recovered and it destabilized the region so badly that the danger spread beyond the Near East. Indirectly led to the migrant crisis which weakened our most critical allies in Europe which then led to the strengthening of the far right over there. Aside from the mass death and violence there were just so many negative downstream effects from that one invasion that its arguably the single worst policy decision, foreign and domestic, of the 21st century by any leader of a major Western democracy.

So for America specifically I'd say Trump since he, if only very slightly, eroded our democratic norms and principles and since America was somewhat insulated from worst of the effects of the Iraq war. But for the world its clearly Bush by far and I expect most posters outside of America will almost unanimously agree on that. Bush is like a driver who drives on the sidewalk, the world around him is in danger but the passengers inside will probably be fine.
Trump, and on principle I do not support the guy. But the alternative is a globo-establishment ass puppet who helped drag us into desert wars and assisted in further deregulation. Though I'm not sure how much you can blame him given his intellect. Its like he just sat around drinking beer and making fart jokes for 8 years, while his cabinet and cheney ran everything.
Well so did Trump, in fact his signature 2018 bill specifically rolled back financial regulations that were put in place after the 2008 GFC to prevent another such crash. So idk that you should hold that only against Bush and not Trump, if anything Trump deregulated the financial history with the benefit of hindsight in regards to the GFC so arguably an even worse move.

Last edited:
Bush was a fucking disaster and a war criminal. Should be brought up on charges and executed.

Trump is a traitor that attempted a coup to overthrow a rightfully elected president and hold on to power like a dictator. Should be brought up charges and executed.

GOP has some some of the most fucked up presidents…… both should be on the end of a rope.
Do you think Obama should be at the end of a rope for the multiple murders of US citizens via drones, including minors?

Back