Who should get the next shot at the Light-Heavyweight title?

people voting Teixeira...

dude has 1 top 10 win and looked poor during it

I think glover should get his shot, but I really wouldn't be mad if Gus got a rematch, it was a great fight.

Jones v Gus would be good. Put it on the same card as a Tex v Davis fight.

Then I hope Gus gets injured - just so I can see the reaction when Tex gets the title shot replacement fight.

Texeira isn't getting any younger. I want to see him fight for the belt before he hits 40.

we dont need to rush into rematches so quickly. let bones fight glover, and give Gus time to make sure this time it doesn't go to scorecards.

really don't like the idea of the immediate rematch. Definitely think there should be a "tune-up" match inbetween.

Rematch, give texeira thiago silva after he mauls hammill

I voted Glover, just because I hate to hear guys get promised title shots and then have to wait around (like Gus had to after the Shogun win). They'll probably end up giving Gus a rematch, though, which I can't really argue against.

I think Jones won but I think Alex should still get an instant rematch as the fight was very close. I think Alex has a bigger chance of winning than Glover and I want to see Jones lose.

Glover he's been dominating....Gus gets winner of those two..

Glover then Cormier assuming he beats Roy.

Gus lost and immediate rematches need to go unless it's a true lopsided robbery.

I'm really sick of all these rematches I get it if a dominant champ like silva loses the belt for the first time but you can't give every guy in a close fight an instant rematch I won't be mad if he does get the rematch because the first fight was Soo good but I would rather see him fight Cormier or Glover and have Gus win one before he gets another shot

Gus should get it..

I can't see Cormier or Glover being a threat to JJ at all.

Gus all the way, their first fight was amazing and I don't think Glover has anything for either of them, he's like a glacier in speed compared to Jones and Gus.

Why do people want this fight to happen straight away?

If we go by what Dana has said in the past, if Jones wins, then we will never see a 3 fight!

So why not let this rivalry simmer.....

They should give Glover to Davis and put Alex against someone that is showing loads of potential but is not quite there yet to face the champion.

I'd like to see the rematch simply because the first fight was so awesome and close, not because it was a robbery. It wasn't.

This definitely has that shogun vs Machida 1 feel to it

Shogun VS Machida 1 comparison is a good one.

Rematch please.

How so?

Shogun clearly won the fight, Gus didn't. Machida looked broken by the end of the fight, Jones didn't. Those who thought Machida won gave him the first 3 rounds and Shogun the last two. Those who think Gus won gave him the first 3 rounds and Jones the last two. :icon_idea

This fight was nothing like Shogun vs. Machida 1.

Back