Who should get the next shot at the Light-Heavyweight title?

This definitely has that shogun vs Machida 1 feel to it except for the fact it was actually a much more exciting fight. I enjoyed the Shogun vs Machida rivalry immensely but I think this one may be one for the ages. I think fans and fighters want to see this rematch as there is a very split crowd on who actually won. It would definitely suck for Glover but these are the types of fights where you have to step aside beside this fight isn't quite over. Jones may still be the champ right now but in the minds of many you gotta take away a key word which is "undisputed" lets hook it up one more time and have Glover vs Davis in the meantime.

Rematch is the only way

Shogun VS Machida 1 comparison is a good one.

Rematch please.

As wonderful as that fight was, Teixeira has earned his shot. Give Gustaffson the one after.

Zuffa is going to give it to Texeira, even though Gus deserves an immediate rematch to finish was he started.

Shouldn't be a rematch. Wasn't a robbery and wasn't a draw. If Gus gets a good win next then sure throw him in there again.

Rematch. Cormier can fight Teixeira for the next shot after the rematch.

I don't usually like immediate rematches.....but I thought Gus won so I say yes.

I thought Jones won narrowly but would like to see an immediate rematch. I won't be broken hearted if Glover gets the fight though

Phil Davis will get it, they gotta keep that Gatorade fueled JBJ train rolling.

Definitely not Cormier is all I know. He should just stay out of this.

Immediate rematch.

That was farcical. Those judges are demented.

This definitely has that shogun vs Machida 1 feel to it except for the fact it was actually a much more exciting fight. I enjoyed the Shogun vs Machida rivalry immensely but I think this one may be one for the ages. I think fans and fighters want to see this rematch as there is a very split crowd on who actually won. It would definitely suck for Glover but these are the types of fights where you have to step aside beside this fight isn't quite over. Jones may still be the champ right now but in the minds of many you gotta take away a key word which is "undisputed" lets hook it up one more time and have Glover vs Davis in the meantime.

I don't see it the same way.

Back then a lot of MMA sites gave the nod to Rua, so far from what I've read I haven't found one that had Gustafsson as the winner.

Edit: I'm gonna vote for Texeira, but it's a no brainer I'm going to be in the minority.

Last edited:
Instant rematches should only happen in the case of a clear robbery. Glover has earned his shot. And GTFO with Cormier.

Back