Who should get the next shot at the Light-Heavyweight title?

Teixeira (although undeserved)

Fuck immediate rematches.

I voted Tex but won't be upset at all if there is an immediate rematch

Teixeira (although undeserved)

Fuck immediate rematches.

This "Glover doesn't deserve a title shot" crowd needs to stop. It's just retarded.

He holds top 10 wins over former champion Rampage and now Ryan Bader, as well as being undefeated in the UFC and overall looking beastly.

Am I to assume Gus didn't earn his title shot either? After all, he had already lost in the UFC, and his only top 10 win was against Shogun (who's no longer in the top 10, same as Rampage).

I am not gonna lie, i was fine with Glover getting the shot, but after this tittle fight we need to see a rematch, it is what the fans wants.

Why the hurry for an "immediate" rematch? I'm so sick of immediate sequels in the UFC. There are plenty of people for both of those guys to fight.

Gus got a quick and easy route, not having to beat anyone really in title contention, and leap-frogging over others who were promised shots. Fair enough, but he lost. Bravely. Valiantly. Competitively. But clearly. Let him have a fight or two to stoke interest. Both are young, and aren't going anywhere. It was Jones' best fight, but no one outside of Sherdog Bones haters or Gus fans (a large number, between the two, to be sure, but not exactly objective) disagrees with this. Ringside observers and experts that did their own scoring almost unanimously matched the judges' scoring. Nothing controversial, so there's no reason for Gustafsson to get another gift.

Plus, what do you do once you've lost twice in a row, and you're both fairly early in their careers? Is he going to cut down to 185 if he loses, because he would have nothing to fight for in the near future?

Personally I want Lil Nog to get the next title shot.

glover has earned it in the current LHW division

Not an immediate rematch fan, especially when the champion retained.

Feed Jones Glover.

Other-Winner of Rampage Jackson v Tito Ortiz

Glover. Not a fan of instant rematches unless the result is highly controversial, which it wasn't.

I don't understand how this kid "Davis" is even an option when Shad completely out classed him. After seeing the fight, I don't see how Glover plays into Jones' weakness. It has to be a rematch. People will pay money for it.

This kid. That kid. Kid Kid Kid.

Anyway, I voted for Gustafsson. I'd say he deserves it.

give the swede a rematch. he deserves it. otherwise just give it to him after Teixeira's go at the belt :)

Back