Who should get the next shot at the Light-Heavyweight title?

teixera has a glass chin and hasn't faced a top ten fighter

how has he earned it

Last edited:
how the fuck did you not put davis in there...

cormier has done nothing to warrant it and davis has beaten gus a lot more convincingly than jones did.

its the same people shitting on phil that thought silva would smash weidman, and that jones could fight a klitschko.

Immediate rematch with Gus, then have Glover face DC. Winner gets next title shot. Have Davis fight another top 10 guy, win and then he gets the next title shot after that.

Glover, imo.
Feed someone to Gus first and then give him the rematch.

It was a close fight. I was okay with the decision either way. I want another five rounds though.

Shouldn't be a rematch. Wasn't a robbery and wasn't a draw. If Gus gets a good win next then sure throw him in there again.

Im a Gus fan, thought Bones won (was very close, but thought it was a correct decision), and I would agree with this^

Give Gus a fight early next year and he can with a win get a new title shot same time next year. Hes still young, will improve and come back better.

Glover, imo.
Feed someone to Gus first and then give him the rematch.

I actually voted rematch but agree with this. the anticipation for a rematch isn't going anywhere and Gus is unlikely to lose his next fight. Feed him Evans Chael winner and have DC fight either Davis or Lil Nog as a division warmer.

It was such a close fight, and it was such a good fight too. One of the best I have ever seen.

Let Jones fight Teixeira first, then do the rematch

I thought Alex won the first 3, but I still believe we should see what Texeira has to offer. It will also give Gustaffson some more time to widen his arsenal. Perhaps a few more damaging leg kicks in the first few rounds would have taken away Jones' ability to throw and land his own, and solidified the decsion.

Rematch ... super close rounds which is why some have it for Gus ... some have it for Jones.

First time Jones faces an elite fighter close to his size and all the sudden his amazing striking and wrestling were both looking mediocre.

Instant rematches take all the steam out of title fights,

Glover sits on the shelf for another 9 months so Jones can rematch Gus?

sick of dat shit, let Glover fight Jones, and have Gus fight Hendo or something on a card in four months, if Jones and Gus win then beauty, rematch...

While a very close fight I would rather see new fights instead of the immediate rematch. Gus and Jones should take other fights, improve, and if they both win match up again. There is no rush to get a rematch or even a trilogy out of this in a year.

how the fuck did you not put davis in there...

cormier has done nothing to warrant it and davis has beaten gus a lot more convincingly than jones did.

its the same people shitting on phil that thought silva would smash weidman, and that jones could fight a klitschko.

Thank you someone is in touch with reality. Every post I see which says fight Gus then Glover then Cormier and move up to HW drives me out of my mind because neither Glover or Cormier are on the same level as Davis in regards to the challenge they'd give Jones or Gus. Regardless though Gus deserves a rematch. Have Phil and Glover fight so the hype train can be derailed once and for all.

Gus will get the rematch, no f'in way Dana is going to pass up on that pay day. I hope that he doesn't though, because I want to see Gus vs Mousasi, Cormier vs Phil and JBJ vs Glover

Glover, but I wouldn't be opposed to a rematch between Gus and Jon.

This rematch would be one of the biggest in later years so I dont see Dana passing on that one. I really hope they make it, both fighters deserve a nice payday for a second war, only this time it is going to be, Aaand Neeew LHW Champ..!

Back