Who should Bones fight next. Rematch with Gus or Glover ?

Glover and Gus can have one more fight before the title.

I'd rather see the rematch after a couple of fights. Let it build up a little, and let them both improve their games. Now that we know Jones' tds can be stuffed, I am interested in seeing how Glover matches up with him.

With that said, I wouldn't complain about a rematch. It would be well-deserved.

My thoughts exactly.
If they make an immediate rematch & Gus loses he'll be in the same awful position where we've seen for example Bendo, Franklin & Sonnen (JDS or Cain too, soon). He cemented himself as #1 LHW slightly behind Jones. Feed him someone like Lil Nog before the rematch. Jones can end the Glover hype meanwhile.

They're both 26. Why rush the rematch?

I have no interest in a fight with Glover.

Let Gus have another crack at it.

Glover seemed a viable option when there seemed to be no legitimate challengers for Jones. He was simply there winning his fights versus somewhat decent opponents, none of which were top 10 caliber fighters though.

Now, its a Gus rematch ainec.

Mauler had his chance. It's Glover's turn now.

Rematch? Definitely, but not just yet. Let's keep the title-shots coming, keep the division exciting....

Jones/Glover to headline UFC in Newark, superbowl weekend.
Gustafsson/Lil Nog around the same time, very relevant co-main event.
Cormier will need a few months after 166 to trim down to 205lbs and get used to it, so he either waits til after Glover's had a shot, or fights Phil Davis for the next shot.

Gus is the Sonnen to Jones' Silva- he came close but he'll never actually beat him.
Glover is the Weidman to Jones' Silva.

jeje, people don't want to see Jones get smashed again.

I'm not a huge fan of immediate rematches, but I think an argument could be made here. It was a razor close decision. Sucks for Glover, but you could have him fight Phil for the next shot. I wonder if Cormier is as eager to come down now. He might have to wait a bit before getting a shot. If there isn't an immediate rematch I'd love to see Cormier-Gus for the next shot.

Glover.

Immediate rematches should be for only outright robberies (Machida/Shogun I) or if the champ loses his belt in a close decision. Gus can fight the winner of Chael/Rashad or Lil Nog then get the next shot.

Glover.

Immediate rematches should be for only outright robberies (Machida/Shogun I) or if the champ loses his belt in a close decision. Gus can fight the winner of Chael/Rashad or Lil Nog then get the next shot.

My god, Machida-Shogun I is not a good example of a robbery.
That fight was way too close.
Machida-Davis on the other hand...

Glover has had a pretty easy road to the title fight....imho he's been over hyped, and would get destroyed by Jones. It would not be unfair for him to take another fight considering he's earned nothing.

Back