Who should Bones fight next. Rematch with Gus or Glover ?

Glover has earned his shot... If Gus had won, then immediate rematch, but since he lost then I think he should fight again... Doesn't matter how really, but he needs a win to get a second shot (Belfort? Cormier? Sonnen? Machida?) There are lots of options, some gimmicky, some not.

Unless J.J. is heading to HW sooner than expected, then there is little reason to rush Gus right back in.

Gus. Glover cant get anything but a bit better with another fight. Waiting won't hurt him just hype him.

Glover.

Immediate rematches should be for only outright robberies (Machida/Shogun I) or if the champ loses his belt in a close decision. Gus can fight the winner of Chael/Rashad or Lil Nog then get the next shot.

My god, Machida-Shogun I is not a good example of a robbery.
That fight was way too close.
Machida-Davis on the other hand...

He'll make more in his next fight due to looking as ineffective as fuck for the first time in his career than he would've made if he'd just dominated per usual, if he rematches Gus; shit's now interesting. Add to that, there's a chance to redeem himself.

No reason why it shouldn't be Gus next.

Well it depends. Do you want Jones in a competitive fight, or a very easy one to bounce back from? If you chose the latter, definitely Glover. He can go wreck Glover and give Gus more time to improve as a fighter so when they inevitably fight again, Gustafsson wins.

Glover

A Gus rematch is almost pointless. Gustafsson will likely win the fight again and lose the decision.

With Glover, he'll be trying for a knockout. And finish is the only way you can beat Jones it seems. The judges have the cash cow protected.

My god, Machida-Shogun I is not a good example of a robbery.
That fight was way too close.
Machida-Davis on the other hand...

There's a chance that Shogun pitched a 50-45 shut out in that fight.

At most, Lyoto May have won a single round.

Well it depends. Do you want Jones in a competitive fight, or a very easy one to bounce back from? If you chose the latter, definitely Glover. He can go wreck Glover and give Gus more time to improve as a fighter so when they inevitably fight again, Gustafsson wins.

Glover isn't an easy fight for ANYONE.

Beating Bader (not currently in the top ten at LHW) does not mean a title shot against Jones for Glover. Glover needs one more fight- book him against Phil Davis for a true Number One Contender Match. Let Gus face Jones again, with the winner facing Davis/Glover next. That is how it should be.

Gus deserves a chance to take what is rightfully his (officially). The UFC gave Shogun a chance at a rematch following the Machida fight, Gus deserves the same courtesy.

I like Glover, but let's be real, unless you count the aging Rampage he fought, he has 1 top 10 win. I think he should fight Davis next, with the winner of that getting a crack at Jones. Then Cormier can fight a warmup fight to ensure he's not a zombie at 205, and if he wins that, then he can get a shot at whoever's the champ by then.

With all the bullshit unnecessary immediate rematches that have plagued the UFC recently, why the hell shouldn't they at least give Gus another shot?

Lol dead even poll. Doesn't happen too often. I say give it to Glover.

Dead poll for a reason.

I'm not voting because either way is good.

The Gus fight was too close. I saw no winner. That warrants an automatic rematch.

Glover definitely earned his shot and it wouldn't be fair to give him the shaft.

Either way.

Personally I dont mind who it is.[/IMG]

Shoulda made this a choice. I'm cool with it either way, especially since I'm confident both guys can get the W to set up the rematch. Stranger things have happened tho.

Gus.
This rematch is big. Don't let the destiny destroys it.
Glover is a risk. Do this rematch and feed Glover with Davis.

Gus deserves a chance to take what is rightfully his (officially). The UFC gave Shogun a chance at a rematch following the Machida fight, Gus deserves the same courtesy.

I like Glover, but let's be real, unless you count the aging Rampage he fought, he has 1 top 10 win. I think he should fight Davis next, with the winner of that getting a crack at Jones. Then Cormier can fight a warmup fight to ensure he's not a zombie at 205, and if he wins that, then he can get a shot at whoever's the champ by then.

Well said man. Exactly how the way i feel. However, regarding Cormier- if he does not look good in the fight against Nelson (win or lose), he needs to go back of the line and fight maybe 2-3 times at LHW to get his shot at the belt.

Glover

A Gus rematch is almost pointless. Gustafsson will likely win the fight again and lose the decision.

With Glover, he'll be trying for a knockout. And finish is the only way you can beat Jones it seems. The judges have the cash cow protected.

LOL, I bet you lost some cash via betting on Gus ?

Back