Who should Bones fight next. Rematch with Gus or Glover ?

BORCAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Personally I dont mind who it is.

Just that if Gus gets a rematch, that means Glover will be sitting idle for a while.

Marketing wise I'm sure the UFC will opt for a rematch.

Who do you think ?

Gus
20130921_jla_sx9_682.0_standard_352.0.jpg

OR

Glover
Glover-Teixeira-at-UFC-on-Fox-6-6197-478x270.jpg

Inb4 poll.

I really want to see a rematch but Glover is next in line, imo.
Feed someone to Gus in the meantime though.

Definitely Glover. If Cain beats JDS, Cormier v. Gustafsson in a title eliminator to follow.

I don't know how much weight it carries, but Dana recently said Cormier was next in line. He shouldn't be, regardless of the JDS v. Cain match.

id rather see gus have more time to improve. im also interested in the glover fight

Would like to see Glover get a shot and then perhaps Evans vs Gus? (if Evans beats Sonnen)

Give Glover the nod then maybe Davis, if he gets another good win. I think Both Jones and Gus will be shelved a little while after that war.

Let Jones put the Glover hype to rest with a complete destruction and give Gus anyone... or go rematch and the let the Glover fight another contender to really define the next title shot.

I don't want a rematch just yet so Gus can get another look at Jones before fighting him again. I think Jones would be a stronger opponent in a rematch with the way his camp will study the fight and find Gus's weaknesses. Gus will too but Jones has maybe the most prepared camp in MMA.

Gus. Glover moves too slow, it'll be one-sided since Glover's biggest chance is his grappling. Jones keeps him at bay and kicks him for 5 rounds. Seen that before.

It wasn't long ago that we were saying Jones had cleaned out the division. Give Gus the rematch, he deserves it.

Glover also deserves it but Gus moreso right now. Glover gets next title shot.

Glover. I think Gus should fight in a title eliminator and then fight Jones. If he's willing to fight Davis in a rematch then that would be ideal I think.

However, if Gus gets it then I wouldn't complain too much because I don't think he's far ahead of the rest of the division and it would give him a chance to really cement himself as the #1 contender.

There r other possibilities.

Jones may b out a while.

Cormier may make weight sooner.

But if both Gus and Jones recover timely like a rematch

I'd rather see the rematch after a couple of fights. Let it build up a little, and let them both improve their games. Now that we know Jones' tds can be stuffed, I am interested in seeing how Glover matches up with him.

With that said, I wouldn't complain about a rematch. It would be well-deserved.

Although the fight was close as fuck, I'd like to see Jones fight Glover. Give Gus another #1 contender (winner of Rashad/Chael) fight with a title fight afterwards, although I'm not sure how I'd feel about Chael getting another shot at the LHW title -- guess he will have earned this time, if he beats both Rashad and Gus.

Back