Who should Bones fight next. Rematch with Gus or Glover ?

Not a fan of instant rematches, even if Gus "deserves" one. I'd rather see them have a few fights each before they fight again.

Not a fan of instant rematches, even if Gus "deserves" one. I'd rather see them have a few fights each before they fight again.

There seems to be essentially 3 possible criteria for an instant rematch when a title is involved :

a) if a long time reigning champ loses
b) a draw
c) a highly controversial decision or outcome (such as Shogun-Machida I)

I wouldn't put this fight in any of those categories so I would agree and I don't think there should be or will be one in this case. It was a close fight, but to me, not highly controversial. The decision certainly could have went Gustaffson's way, but it didn't, and that's all there is to it.

Glover. He's older and needs to take his shot before it's too late.

either way is fine with me. but I don't think you put Gus in a fight w/ Davis or Cormier as right now you need all the top talent you can get that hasn't faced Jones yet.

I say let Glover have his crack at it and give Gus someone in the mid top 10

Sacrifice someone to Gus so he can get another crack at the title right afterwards

In the meantime let Glover and JJ fight

The real loser of JJ/Gus was DC I think...

Sacrifice ?

Say Gus loses that fight then his chances of a rematch diminish considerably.

Glover. He has earned his shot and Gus is best off getting another win or two before challenging for the title again.

Glover has great TDD and could force Bones to stand with him, if not take Jon down himself. He's got a very well-rounded skillset and hits as hard as any 205er. That would be a fantastic matchup.

Glover would have a much harder time closing the distance than Gus, no question. You'll see people on Sherdog say Glover will kill Jones merely because he had a close fight with Gus. Even some fighters (Machida) are picking Glover to beat Jones, just because they want him to lose.

Most of the guys voting Glover are the usual Jon Jones fanboys who's humility and fairness we've come to love. That they are voting Glover is really all you need to know. So weak...

As a Alex fan though... Jon will probably be out for a while so I'd LOVE a Glover fight in the meantime. And a Machida fight. And a Rashad fight. Hendo... FUCK YEAH. Why? BECAUSE THAT'S HOW WE ROLL, BABY! BRING IT! As long as my boy goes down guns blazing I'm all for it! Gimmes are for the weak! We want your good, bad and the fucking ugly! Line em up and our champion will cut them down! WHAT?! WHAT?!

Vikings-2013.jpg

I dont think Glover has what it take to beat Jones but I dont mind him fighting Jones before Gus gets a rematch

I wanna see the Gus match again. Glover has nothing

- Glover

First of all, because he's brazilian, lol... and second, because he has the punching power needed to KO jones with just a couple blows.

Although I think Gus did enough to win. Fair is fair. He lost on the scorecards and they should give Glover the next shot.

Glover would be my preference.

I think a rematch is a must and soon.

I like Glover, he can lynch Machida in the meantime.

My gut instinct tells me to yell GUS at the top of my lungs. But I actually think the buildup would be better if they each had one fight in between and developed a little more.

I know it sounds like I'm writing off Glover because... I am.

Back