Who Saul Running From, Drops LHW Crown

C'mon that's a weak narrative. You know that if he'd have called Bivol or Beterbiev nobody would have a bad word to say about him BUT he didn't he picked the weakest link at LHW. Should Canelo get a free pass just because he's fucking Canelo?? I never understood this attitude but I suppose some people are inclined to let things slide when their boy is in there. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book. A great in their prime fighter goes up and takes on a bigger but fading older fighter. This has been going on in boxing since it begun. People aren't stupid you know, we notice these things.
GGG and Jacobs weren't free passes. That was the best MW offered. Who would you like to see Canelo fight next. Narrow it down to one fighter.

He cherry picked the most vulnerable of the light heavy champs. It doesnt surprise me at all that this was a one and done.

GGG and Jacobs weren't free passes. That was the best MW offered. Who would you like to see Canelo fight next. Narrow it down to one fighter.
I haven't criticised Canelo's recent opponents and I wouldn't say Kovalev was an easy mark. It was still inherently dangerous fighting a hard hitting proper LHW. But he could have picked a harder fight. I'd like to see him in with Beterbiev. That would be something special.

nintchdbpict000371541021.jpg

We're not worthy to be blessed with the Canelo era.

One thing I will say against Canelo, so he's a ginger, right? Then why the hell does he chose to grow a beard and have more of the thing that makes him a subhuman freak? Fucking stupid.

One thing I will say against Canelo, so he's a ginger, right? Then why the hell does he chose to grow a beard and have more of the thing that makes him a subhuman freak? Fucking stupid.

Canelo is a daywalker not a ginger.

"A daywalker is redhead who can walk freely in the day with out worrying about getting sun burnt. Most redheads are ginger and get sun burnt easily.

Day walkers can get tans and usually have brown eyes and unlike gingers, they have souls.

The word originated from a south park episode called "Ginger kids""

-urban dictionary
Also applies to brunettes and blondes with freckles.

Andrade

C'mon that's a weak narrative. You know that if he'd have called Bivol or Beterbiev nobody would have a bad word to say about him BUT he didn't he picked the weakest link at LHW. Should Canelo get a free pass just because he's fucking Canelo?? I never understood this attitude but I suppose some people are inclined to let things slide when their boy is in there. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book. A great in their prime fighter goes up and takes on a bigger but fading older fighter. This has been going on in boxing since it begun. People aren't stupid you know, we notice these things.
Nah. He said he was going to take a monster 175er and people complained he wasnt fighting at 168. People always complain about Canelo. Granted, some of it is deserved.

The excuses come before the fights even take place. Must be a pretty good fighter when fans downplay every fight he takes, every move up in weight, every single chance taken on team Canelo's part. Like @PUO3 said, he could take fights with Beterbiev and AJ back to back, and fans would come up with excuses prefight and post fight if he won. Canelo is just hated. Can't be the boxing because he does it beautifully.

Why are you framing it in terms of hypotheticals here like Canelo doesn't have the luxury of fighting whomever he wants, whenever he wants, and at whatever wait he so chooses, lol.

If he wanted Beterbiev, Govozdyk, and bivol, he could have the three of them inside of the next 18 months, no problem.

Fact is: he chose to fight Kovalev on 2 months notice after Kova had a grueling 11 round slugfest and then bounced out of the division after taking his strap. He's not Marvin Hagler here. Nobody is ducking him. Nobody is unavailable to him. He actively chose to pick his spot. And actively chose to drop the belt so as to not fight any of the top guys at 175 who weren't either on the downside of their careers or coming off of a grueling war.

Canelo is probably the smartest managed fighter in boxing right now. But Canelo and his fanboys can't have it both ways though. He can't take every fight since the Floyd fight ONLY at the most opportune time and weight and act like he's UNEQUIVICALLY flat out just beating dudes up. There's always a catch with Canelo. Always fine print. Doesn't mean he's not a great fighter, it just means that he's not this ginger god who's without question the best in the world. People have some doubts and reservations about his greatness… Boo hoo.

Why are you framing it in terms of hypotheticals here like Canelo doesn't have the luxury of fighting whomever he wants, whenever he wants, and at whatever wait he so chooses, lol.

If he wanted Beterbiev, Govozdyk, and bivol, he could have the three of them inside of the next 18 months, no problem.

Fact is: he chose to fight Kovalev on 2 months notice after Kova had a grueling 11 round slugfest and then bounced out of the division after taking his strap. He's not Marvin Hagler here. Nobody is ducking him. Nobody is unavailable to him. He actively chose to pick his spot. And actively chose to drop the belt so as to not fight any of the top guys at 175 who weren't either on the downside of their careers or coming off of a grueling war.

Canelo is probably the smartest managed fighter in boxing right now. But Canelo and his fanboys can't have it both ways though. He can't take every fight since the Floyd fight ONLY at the most opportune time and weight and act like he's UNEQUIVICALLY flat out just beating dudes up. There's always a catch with Canelo. Always fine print. Doesn't mean he's not a great fighter, it just means that he's not this ginger god who's without question the best in the world. People have some doubts and reservations about his greatness… Boo hoo.
He is without question the best in the world though.

He is without question the best in the world though.

Lol, okay. He isn't even by definition without question the best MW in the world.... not when most of the world outside of Mexico and Golden Boy nuthuggers recognize that he lost both GGG fights. But if you're of the mind that he won those fights then there's nothing to really talk about, is there? On paper he'd have the best resume by far. So you're welcome to your opinion.

Lol, okay. He isn't even by definition without question the best MW in the world.... not when most of the world outside of Mexico and Golden Boy nuthuggers recognize that he lost both GGG fights. But if you're of the mind that he won those fights then there's nothing to really talk about, is there? On paper he'd have the best resume by far. So you're welcome to your opinion.
Anyone saying Golovkin won the second fight has no business calling anyone a nuthugger. Truly comical.

Lol

I haven't criticised Canelo's recent opponents and I wouldn't say Kovalev was an easy mark. It was still inherently dangerous fighting a hard hitting proper LHW. But he could have picked a harder fight. I'd like to see him in with Beterbiev. That would be something special.
Wouldn't mind that fight myself as a boxing fan, but I'd like to see more work at 168 myself. I will watch regardless when Canelo fights, he truly has come a looooong way and impresses me most in boxing right now.

Anyone saying Golovkin won the second fight has no business calling anyone a nuthugger. Truly comical.

Eh. I can be plenty critical of Golovkin's deficiencies, and have been. And i said i thought he won. I didn't say he dominated. They were close fights. Opinions and all that. Go back and read your Canelo posts... because your lack of self-awareness is concerning.

Eh. I can be plenty critical of Golovkin's deficiencies, and have been. And i said i thought he won. I didn't say he dominated. They were close fights. Opinions and all that. Go back and read your Canelo posts... because your lack of self-awareness is concerning.
So now you think they were both close fights? Thats not what this implies is it? If youre telling me theyre close fights then surely someone besides a nut hugger could have Canelo winning?
not when most of the world outside of Mexico and Golden Boy nuthuggers recognize that he lost both GGG fights

If you have issues with my posts feel free to point them out. Im happy to discuss them.

I think that if you can recognize they were close fights than as a boxing fan you have to accept that it’s very rare when you can call a close fight a robbery. You could have a hypothetical close fight where every round won was extremely lopsided by both fighters, but I don’t ever recall seeing a fight like that.

Canelo may be a mayweather level cherry picker but fuck off with this, he has no reason to stay in LHW. If Canelo is running from Beterviev, Bivol and company then Beterviev is running from Joshia, Wilder and Fury

I think that if you can recognize they were close fights than as a boxing fan you have to accept that it’s very rare when you can call a close fight a robbery. You could have a hypothetical close fight where every round won was extremely lopsided by both fighters, but I don’t ever recall seeing a fight like that.

what is a robbery and what is a fix? where do we draw that line?

Do i think Golovkin or any of Canelo's other opponents have been "robbed"? No.

Do i think that the judges in Canelo fights favor Golden Boy's house fighter and the biggest name in the sport? Well, all i can do is take a look at the evidence.

He's been in a number of close fights over the last 5 years or so and has lost none. And recently he got favorable cards against Golovkin 2X, and was up on the cards against Kovalev before the stoppage, smh.

That you essentially have to knock Canelo out in order to beat him is the worst kept kept secret in boxing. His fanboys are delusional in pretending that the deck isn't stacked against his opponents and in his favor.

Back