Who Saul Running From, Drops LHW Crown

He’s not a LHW so it’s not really surprising. And it’s just holding the division up. If he’s done at MW then he should move up to SMW and get the belts. Then up to LHW.
His win over kov was impressive but he is just picking off the weakest link in these divisions at the moment. I’ll give him all the credit in the world if he moves up properly and takes on the best fighters for their belts, which is very possible for canelo

He’s not a LHW so it’s not really surprising. And it’s just holding the division up. If he’s done at MW then he should move up to SMW and get the belts. Then up to LHW.
His win over kov was impressive but he is just picking off the weakest link in these divisions at the moment. I’ll give him all the credit in the world if he moves up properly and takes on the best fighters for their belts, which is very possible for canelo
The other reason is that the WBO doesn't allow fighters to be a multi divisional champions from other sanctioning bodies.

He'd have to give up his other belts, in order to remain the LHW champion.

Does he have the belt he won from one of the worst belt holders of all time Rocky Fielding?

The other reason is that the WBO doesn't allow fighters to be a multi divisional champions from other sanctioning bodies.

That's quite a good ruling. Stops the belts being held hostage.

He already did that at MW, but he still has to move up properly and unify again for all the credit in the world? Beating Jacobs, GGG, and Cotto at MW wasn't good enough? I could see him unifying SMW, but he doesn't have to in order to cement his current P4P status, he's pretty good right now.

It does make sense to clean up SMW before LHW.

I think that’s a good thing!

He already did that at MW, but he still has to move up properly and unify again for all the credit in the world? Beating Jacobs, GGG, and Cotto at MW wasn't good enough? I could see him unifying SMW, but he doesn't have to in order to cement his current P4P status, he's pretty good right now.

which is why I said ‘if he’s done at MW’!

Does he have the belt he won from one of the worst belt holders of all time Rocky Fielding?

pfft I don’t consider wbc regular to be a world title. Callum Smith is the actual champ. He also sparked fielding out with ease. Canelo vs any of the real SMW champs are very good fights

pfft I don’t consider wbc regular to be a world title. Callum Smith is the actual champ. He also sparked fielding out with ease. Canelo vs any of the real SMW champs are very good fights

Callums last performance was bad, very bad.

Benavidez vs Canelo could be big, but the question is does Benavidez have to marinade for a bit more?

Honestly same for Smith. They might be the best, but at least Kovalev was a NAME.

We all knew he wasn't staying at LHW. When Roy Jones does the same thing, he's a legend. Canelo is ducking though. Guy has fought Kovalev, Golovkin and Jacobs in 4 of his last 5. To say he ducks anyone is a little tough to swallow.

We all knew he wasn't staying at LHW. When Roy Jones does the same thing, he's a legend. Canelo is ducking though. Guy has fought Kovalev, Golovkin and Jacobs in 4 of his last 5. To say he ducks anyone is a little tough to swallow.
I don't think it's the same when a fighter goes up and captures a belt at a much higher weight, they shouldn't be criticised for ducking, but it's clear why he targetted Kovalev.

I'd like to see him make a run at SMW now.

I don't think it's the same when a fighter goes up and captures a belt at a much higher weight, they shouldn't be criticised for ducking, but it's clear why he targetted Kovalev.

Guess that's why so many thought Kovalev was such a dangerous fight, because he was such a weak helpless lamb.

Guess that's why so many thought Kovalev was such a dangerous fight, because he was such a weak helpless lamb.
No one said that. You fan boys get worked up too easy. He was the softest LHW Champ available but it was still a great win.

Canelo could go knock out Biev and AJ back to back and some of you would still bitch and pretend he is running from someone.

Get a grip.

He can wear that belt with his new jeans if he wants. Fielding was never a SMW champion. His title was as legit as is Manuel Charr's HW title.

Don’t really see how it was any different than Jones choosing to fight Ruiz instead of Lewis.

Back