Who Saul Running From, Drops LHW Crown

Canelo may be a mayweather level cherry picker but fuck off with this, he has no reason to stay in LHW. If Canelo is running from Beterviev, Bivol and company then Beterviev is running from Joshia, Wilder and Fury
I get your point but your logic doesn't compute. Beterbiev has never competed at Heavyweight (as a pro) while Canelo has not only competed at Light Heavyweight he won a world title. Beterbiev can't 'run' from a division's fighters when he's never even campaigned there.

Wouldn't be a bad fight, but I think Canelo wins and I think it would get criticisms because he has already taken titles higher up.
I think it's the closest thing to a 50/50 fight out there and both Andrade and Alvarez are in their prime

I get your point but your logic doesn't compute. Beterbiev has never competed at Heavyweight (as a pro) while Canelo has not only competed at Light Heavyweight he won a world title. Beterbiev can't 'run' from a division's fighters when he's never even campaigned there.

he moved up to cherry-pick the title the way Roy Jones moves up to get John Ruiz’ belt. No one expected jones to stay there and fight Wladimir. He didn’t run from wlad. He just went back to his division after getting a very winnable title. Canelo did the same

I agree.

However, no one, absolutely no one, would say Biev was “running away” if he went to HW and beat Wilder but then left the division. Canelo is held to different standards than everyone else. (But like Ive maintained some of that is his own fault.)

I think it's the closest thing to a 50/50 fight out there and both Andrade and Alvarez are in their prime
And when Canelo beats them his critics will claim they were overrated cherry picks and look for the next mythical boogeyman that hes avoiding/fears/may beat him.

Canelo is obviously running from Wilder. He’s only a few donuts away from him at LHW.

He already did that at MW, but he still has to move up properly and unify again for all the credit in the world? Beating Jacobs, GGG, and Cotto at MW wasn't good enough? I could see him unifying SMW, but he doesn't have to in order to cement his current P4P status, he's pretty good right now.
Benavidez beats him imo.

My preferences for Canelo are:
1. Golovkin at middleweight
2. Smith at super middleweight
3. Beterbiev at light heavyweight
4. Bivol at light heavyweight

Last edited:
My preferences for Canelo are:
1. Golovkin at middleweight
2. Smith at super middleweight
3. Eubank Jr at middleweight
Eubank jr....solid troll to slip in at the end

I think he'll fight Callum Smith next for a SMW title. Callum I thought would give Canelo a tough time especially after the Groves fight, but he didn't look good in his last outing so now is a good time to take him and his belts.

I’ve been a fan of smith for a number of years and tends to be a different fighter when he’s fighting a dangerous opponent. Similar to fury. He was brilliant against groves and fielding. he was no 1 seed for the wbss even though groves was the title holder. But he looked average in the quarters and semis

I think he struggled to motivate himself in his last fight. Hes frustrated because he wants the big fights at a field. he’ll be at his best if he fights canelo and he’ll have to be

I’ve been a fan of smith for a number of years and tends to be a different fighter when he’s fighting a dangerous opponent. Similar to fury. He was brilliant against groves and fielding. he was no 1 seed for the wbss even though groves was the title holder. But he looked average in the quarters and semis

I think he struggled to motivate himself in his last fight. Hes frustrated because he wants the big fights at a field. he’ll be at his best if he fights canelo and he’ll have to be
Yeah he does seem to be the kind who fights to the level of his opponent. A Canelo fight would be something I'd be very interested in watching.

He picked the most brittle champ at 175, and then vacated. Is anyone surprised? Cherry-picking belts is what some of these guys do.

The other reason is that the WBO doesn't allow fighters to be a multi divisional champions from other sanctioning bodies.

He'd have to give up his other belts, in order to remain the LHW champion.
Maybe I misread your post but.. there are fighters right now who hold wbo with another belt.
Joe carlos ramirez won the wbo while holding the wbc and still defending both...

Maybe I misread your post but.. there are fighters right now who hold wbo with another belt.
Joe carlos ramirez won the wbo while holding the wbc and still defending both...
Same weight class though, he’s not holding those titles within other weight classes.

Yet jump up for the aging past it name beforehand. Par for his course.

This fight was could be lade he took a chance and won. There still happens to be some more work to do at 168.

Back